I start getting gyno symptoms every time I try finasteride. Should I stop?

nuisance

nuisance

Bronze
I've been on finasteride on and off and it always stopped my shedding. The only issue is that every time I take it I start getting gyno symptoms within the first couple of weeks. The first time I stopped fin got shredded and then started on 0.03 topical which is equivalent to .3mg.

Only about ten days later I'm having the same symptoms a swelling-type pain, slightly more puffy and armpit itchyness.

Ive been taking dim-p5p-zinc and although they are helping I still have discomfort around my nipples and armpits.

If you guys were in my situation what would you do? Power through and maybe hormones will stabilize? Power through and develop gyno? or quit it and end up at nw3 in about two years judging by my rate of hair loss.

I live an active life I weightlift and have a great diet I'm really frustrated about why I am having these symptoms.

Edit: I already had gyno from puberty and it looks like fin is inflaming it. Its the same type of pain I had in puberty just a little weaker.

Last edited:
gyno is an easy surgery, then again so is a hair transplant, but donor hairs are limited.

• +1
Reactions: BootySniffer69
gyno is an easy surgery, then again so is a hair transplant, but donor hairs are limited.
So if you were in my situation what would you choose? I just don't know the future if it grows a little bit I don't really care but if I grow full-on tits this summer is going to suck ass.

I have the money for surgery so I think I will continue and pray it's just me getting used to the medication. Anyways if I'm on course to be a nw3 at 24 i think I would need finesteride even if I get a HT.

Last edited:
So if you were in my situation what would you choose? I just don't know the future if it grows a little bit I don't really care but if I grow full-on tits this summer is going to suck ass.

I have the money for surgery so I think I will continue and pray it's just me getting used to the medication. Anyways if I'm on course to be a nw3 at 24 i think I would need finesteride even if I get a HT.
gyno surgery is not that expensive and they remove the entire gland which means it will never grow again, so I'd rather have that than go bald.

gyno surgery is not that expensive and they remove the entire gland which means it will never grow again, so I'd rather have that than go bald.
Alright sounds good 👍
I don't expect you to know this but maybe you do, Let's say fin raised my estrogen over the gyno threshold, will it grow to a point and need more estrogen to continue growing or continuously grow indefinitely as long as estrogen is elevated?

I highly doubt my estrogen/prolactin is raised super high to cause A-cups I don't have any other symptoms of high E.

Stop taking fin and use minoxidil and Ru instead or take it with asin

Alright sounds good 👍
I don't expect you to know this but maybe you do, Let's say fin raised my estrogen over the gyno threshold, will it grow to a point and need more estrogen to continue growing or continuously grow indefinitely as long as estrogen is elevated?

I highly doubt my estrogen/prolactin is raised super high to cause A-cups I don't have any other symptoms of high E.
gyno is more from a hormonal imbalance rather than actual high estrogen levels, those don't really harm you if they're stable.

it's also possible that it's just swelling, if you can't feel an actual gland underneath the nipple.

Stop taking fin and use minoxidil and Ru instead or take it with asin
I use minoxidil it works but wont stop my hairloss, RU kind of scares me more than growing gyno and cutting it out ngl. But il have to fo more research on it. I heard if u touch your peen with ru its gonna shrink and cause peyronies. Now Ik ur not putting it there but still.

I use minoxidil it works but wont stop my hairloss, RU kind of scares me more than growing gyno and cutting it out ngl. But il have to fo more research on it. I heard if u touch your peen with ru its gonna shrink and cause peyronies. Now Ik ur not putting it there but still.
Honestly just take fin with aromasin and all your gyno will go away. Also, if you want to roid then fin wont do anything to prevent hairloss

Honestly just take fin with aromasin and all your gyno will go away. Also, if you want to roid then fin wont do anything to prevent hairloss
Aromasin can fuck you up harder than fin can if used to long if I cant use it forever with fin I don't think it would be worth it, most likely if i notice growth ill try tamoxifen or just cut the gland out completely.

Last edited:
gyno is more from a hormonal imbalance rather than actual high estrogen levels, those don't really harm you if they're stable.

it's also possible that it's just swelling, if you can't feel an actual gland underneath the nipple.
I already have a gyno gland that's probably about grade 1 from puberty that never went away, so its going to be tough to see if it grows until it looks really bad. People say you have an increase in test and estrogen for the first month and then it slowly drops to a more normal level, I definitely feel this because both times I took fin as soon as I felt swelling my libido skyrocketed. i Just never took it longer than 3 weeks yet.

Aromasin can fuck you up harder than fin can if used to long if I cant use it forever with fin I don't think it would be worth it, most likely if i notice growth ill try tamoxifen or just cut the gland out completely.
Bro you can take asin for 10 years

Bro you can take asin for 10 years
I'll look into it but from what I've heard it's very easy to crash your E with aromasin and you need to get regular blood tests to monitor it.

I'll look into it but from what I've heard it's very easy to crash your E with aromasin and you need to get regular blood tests to monitor it.
I’m on Aromasin rn and trust me it’s very easy to tell when ur e is too low

send me a picture of your nipples