If a Lefort 1 advancement is increased by 2mm would the BSSO and Genio movements also need to be increased to maintain harmony?

D

Deleted member 20631

Deleting soon, goodbye forever
Title.

I’m going to ask my surgeon directly but I’d like some input from well informed users

Genio is not impacted but the lower jaw would also need to be increased by 2mm.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20064 and Deleted member 20631
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Genio is not impacted but the lower jaw would also need to be increased by 2mm.
Aesthetics wise would it not be better to also add 1-2 mm to the genio?
Given that the ”old” movement was taken into account for deciding the chin projection

Aesthetics wise would it not be better to also add 1-2 mm to the genio?
Given that the ”old” movement was taken into account for deciding the chin projection
Yep it can be done but genio has no impact on the bite and even if you didn’t want to increase the upper jaw movement by 2mm you can move the chin more.

Strictly for aesthetics it will most likely look better but I have seen some cases where the chin is a bit over projected.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Yep it can be done but genio has no impact on the bite and even if you didn’t want to increase the upper jaw movement by 2mm you can move the chin more.

Strictly for aesthetics it will most likely look better but I have seen some cases where the chin is a bit over projected.
I understand genio doesn’t impact bite, I was more worried about upper lip to chin projection.

And I want the bigger movement for better nose projection and support, my current Lefort 1 movement is only 2mm which isn’t enough IMO.

I think it’s important to maintain the harmony so I’ll make sure to bring it up with my surgeon

• +1
Reactions: BrownEyesWD
Are we jaw surgeons? Kek
Some users are very well informed on jaw surgery, I was going to ask my surgeon regardless just wanted some input from the guys here

• +1
Reactions: UglyAsHell
Some users are very well informed on jaw surgery, I was going to ask my surgeon regardless just wanted some input from the guys here
Are you with Ramieri?