If I lived on a ship on the high seas under no country’s flag could I own slaves?

Cardiologyscribe

Cardiologyscribe

Cop
And basically could I not have to ever pay any taxes and make my own laws?

I know there are still lots of countries that sell slaves (even for labour)

But then would I never be allowed to port anywhere where slavery is illegal? (and everything else illegal on my boat like drugs)

Thanks

Disclaimer - simply intrigued by this hypothetical question

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Hepatologyscribe
international law says u can't have slaves

same way you can't just kill someone randomly without punishment no matter where you are

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476 and Cardiologyscribe

• So Sad
Reactions: Cardiologyscribe
Surely international law applies in international waters. Probably a lot easier to break them there tho

• +1
It depends. There are international Laws, but there's also this place called sentinel Islands where a bunch of subhuman primitive dudes just kill everyone on sight. Lawfully, they belong to India, but India has given up on trying to rule the place, so they can do whatever they want there JFL.

My theory would be, surround your habitation with water and kill everyone that attempts to come close. By doing this, you'll avoid taxes and whatnot.

Just own a island and kill everything that comes close theory.

It depends. There are international Laws, but there's also this place called sentinel Islands where a bunch of subhuman primitive dudes just kill everyone on sight. Lawfully, they belong to India, but India has given up on trying to rule the place, so they can do whatever they want there JFL.

My theory would be, surround your habitation with water and kill everyone that attempts to come close. By doing this, you'll avoid taxes and whatnot.

Just own a island and kill everything that comes close theory.

How interesting.

So basically international law doesn’t matter at all nobody will waste their resources to enforce it I hope

• +1
Reactions: loromate
How interesting.

So basically international law doesn’t matter at all nobody will waste their resources to enforce it I hope
They probably will if you are white, they will call you imperialist, racist and colonizer.
People from north sentinel island get away with it because faggots want to "preserve one of the most ancient tribes", even if this costs the death of people.

• +1
They probably will if you are white, they will call you imperialist, racist and colonizer.
People from north sentinel island get away with it because faggots want to "preserve one of the most ancient tribes", even if this costs the death of people.

Oh

i guess, but you're fucked if a band of mercenaries or UN peacekeepers attack lmao

Your ship will get annexed by the US tranny empire in no time, OP.

How interesting.

The indian government could easily take over north sentinel, but they are an indigenous group and if they come in contact with any human from the modern age they'll contract a disease as they have no immunity