If you had to use just one product for your face, what is the best?

Gonthar

Gonthar

Kraken
I've read about tretinoin, retinoids, vitamin C serum and other stuff and procedures, but everything seems so complicated. I mean you have to put a moisturizer, then apply tretinoin, then put vaseline on your face or God knows what, apply sunscreen when you go outside, etc. - I don't wanna go on this path, and use dozens of beauty products like a woman, it simply feels insane.
Is there only one product, like a cream or a serum to slow down aging and prevent wrinkles, that you can apply once a day and then forget about everything else?

nokky cream

moisturizer with spf

I've read about tretinoin, retinoids, vitamin C serum and other stuff and procedures, but everything seems so complicated. I mean you have to put a moisturizer, then apply tretinoin, then put vaseline on your face or God knows what, apply sunscreen when you go outside, etc. - I don't wanna go on this path, and use dozens of beauty products like a woman, it simply feels insane.
Is there only one product, like a cream or a serum to slow down aging and prevent wrinkles, that you can apply once a day and then forget about everything else?
Dht gel on scalp

Sunscreen, for obvious and not so obvious reasons

Sunscreen. And not just a high SPF one, which blocks UVB rays. It also should block UVA rays adequately.

But there's not much sun here, and in the summer I always wear a hat that keeps my face in the shade.

No clouds or hat for UVA

Sunscreen just feels stupid to me, since I was a kid every doctor would comment on how pale I am, and would recommend to stay more in the sun, because I spend most of my time indoors reading or playing video games. In the summer when I would go to the beach, my complexion would darken, my face would glow and look more healthy, the dark circles under my eyes would diminish, my acne would disappear, sun has been very beneficial for me!

• +1
Reactions: SpearOfOrion
Sunscreen just feels stupid to me, since I was a kid every doctor would comment on how pale I am, and would recommend to stay more in the sun, because I spend most of my time indoors reading or playing video games. In the summer when I would go to the beach, my complexion would darken, my face would glow and look more healthy, the dark circles under my eyes would diminish, my acne would disappear, sun has been very beneficial for me!
But it is not beneficial in the long term. 10-20 minutes in the sun everyday is fine, but make sure to always wear sunscreen.

- You don't need dozens of products, but you should be using a few. As a bare minimum a cleanser, moisturiser and sunscreen (these will have cosmetic benefits but are mostly for the health of your skin). Then add in actives if you want to. I don't care if it feels insane, if you want results, you're gonna have to put the work in. Otherwise, don't complain.
- Best thing you can do for your skin if you're only going to use one thing is to use a good sunscreen. Yes, UV exposure can make your skin look better short term, but it royally fucks it up long term- its estimated that around 90% of the cosmetic ageing that people don't like is due to UV exposure.