Imagine believing in man made concepts like 'regret'

D

douche

Gold
Can't think of a cringer sentiment. Imagine being so brainwashed to the point that you think any of your actions weren't/aren't justified.

Genuinely can't fathom that there are guys on here who not only waste their time pondering abstract means of existence but let those thoughts impact their overall psyche, turning them into more of a neurotic mess.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: borismonster, incel194012940, strawberrymushroom and 3 others
@_MVP_ tier schizo thread DNR

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 61895
Can't think of a cringer sentiment. Imagine being so brainwashed to the point that you think any of your actions weren't/aren't justified.

Genuinely can't fathom that there are guys on here who not only waste their time pondering abstract means of existence but let those thoughts impact their overall psyche, turning them into more of a neurotic mess.
I agree.
I just follow my nature and faith.

Sadly I will not indulge in my "dreams" due to my faith and even more sadly, my shameful love and simple hope for mankind.
Either way, I always got what I want and I always will.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: borismonster, dehydrated and vermillioncorefan
It’s also such a silly thing to ponder over, I’ve never lived in the past I don’t understand why niggas do it, only think of the future, thinking in the present is also important because it’s needed to act NT

• +1
Reactions: borismonster and Deleted member 61895
Define what do you mean by the concept of regret?

This is all kinda vague tbh...

• +1
Reactions: borismonster and lemonnz
true, it's a very neurotic trait. Successful people don't get stuck in the past

• +1
Reactions: borismonster and <6PSLcel
Define what do you mean by the concept of regret?

This is all kinda vague tbh...
Regret as in the perception that a 'mistake' or 'wrong' doing in your life could've ever not existed/happened, the then rationale conclusion of this is complete disregard of [insert neurotic emotion here] tied to such event. It was never your fault and you should never feel ashamed for acting, thinking, perceiving, (existing) as you did.

• +1
Reactions: borismonster
Regret as in the perception that a 'mistake' or 'wrong' doing in your life could've ever not existed/happened, the then rationale conclusion of this is complete disregard of [insert neurotic emotion here] tied to such event. It was never your fault and you should never feel ashamed for acting, thinking, perceiving, existing (existing) as you did.
There are parts of the brain which are responsible for feelings of guilt, regret and shame, we wouldn't be feeling those things if it wasn't physically possible for our brains.

For example, you could have maybe done something bad to your family member in the past and now you feel regret/guilt which is completely human and normal. We have sophisticated mechanisms in our brains that are always evaluating what we do and are either rewarding or punishing us, because our bodies are essentially pushing us to always do things which are beneficial for our own and our loved ones survival.

Yes this life is predetermined, yes "good" or "bad" essentially don't exist, but you still can't bypass your programming and brain wiring. We are all imprisoned by our biology. The best advice for this is to just 100% accept you are feeling in the moment, if possible... It kinda sounds generic, but there is nothing that can be done against nature and biology.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and borismonster
I regret not having roped.

There are parts of the brain which are responsible for feelings of guilt, regret and shame, we wouldn't be feeling those things if it wasn't physically possible for our brains
There are also parts of the brain that change said emotions when x information is processed which changes y response to z stimuli. In a sense, you've simplified the process of 'emotions' and biological predeterminism to a state where it's just wrong

There are also parts of the brain that change said emotions when x information is processed which changes y response to z stimuli. In a sense, you've simplified the process of 'emotions' and biological predeterminism to a state where it's just wrong
How did I simplify the entire process when you literally reduced every emotion to "brainwashing" in your first post?

Yes, you get a lot of programming from society and environment but that doesn't change our brain's ability to experience those emotions in the first place. We wouldn't be beings who are empathetic, susceptible to guilt, regret, shame, envy, etc. if we didn't had those biological mechanisms in us naturally from the moment we were born. Even if you got rid of all brainwashing and societal programming, you would be still experiencing those emotions as they have a survival purpose.

Also, good luck with with just "processing information x" to change your "y response to z stimuli". For example, experience a loss of a loved one, experience war trauma, accidentally kill your pet which you loved and then try adding "x y processing information" to change your "z response" to such events, it doesn't work like that greycel.

You are the one simplifying very complex concepts, or you are just a psychopath.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
I regret clicking on this thread.

• JFL
Reactions: Primalsplit
How did I simplify the entire process when you literally reduced every emotion to "brainwashing" in your first post?

Yes, you get a lot of programming from society and environment but that doesn't change the fact our brain's ability to experience those emotions. We wouldn't be beings who are empathetic, susceptible to guilt, regret, shame, envy, etc. if we didn't had those biological mechanisms in us naturally from the moment we were born. Even if you got rid of all brainwashing and societal programming, you would be still experiencing those emotions as they have a survival purpose.

Also, good luck with with just "processing information x" to change your "y response to z stimuli". For example, experience a loss of a loved one, experience war trauma, accidentally kill your pet which you loved and then try adding "x y processing information" to change your "z response" to such events, it doesn't work like that greycel.

You are the one simplifying very complex concepts, or you are just a psychopath.
Hmm. Show me what a 'guilt' is. We're talking literal abstractions of abstractions here and acting as if they have any basis on reality. This is a futile debate but I'm interested as to what your answer is

Hmm. Show me what a 'guilt' is. We're talking literal abstractions of abstractions here and acting as if they have any basis on reality. This is a futile debate but I'm interested as to what your answer is
Emotion is a biochemical response to external stimuli in the most simplest terms, but let's not make it any more complex.

There are various different emotions that one can experience depending on triggers and biochemical states that arise from them which are based on different brain regions firing up and chemicals released.

We humans indeed use human language and conceptualization to put labels on emotions that we are experiencing, which of course can be inaccurate and abstract but doesn't change the fact that we are experiencing them, jfl if you can't understand these basics.

For example, someone might hit or insult you which will cause your body to release adrenaline and certain chemicals and retaliate. We can call that emotion "rage", although we are always experiencing a mixture of emotions.

"Envy" can be other example. Someone has something that you don't and you in turn feel envious of them. Even cats and chimpanzees are observed to display "envious" behaviors and they don't even use language like humans.

"Guilt" is also emotion which has it's own set of triggers and responses. Some emotions are more complex and nuanced and are specific for humans. Essentially, you do something which for whatever reason can cause you to feel "guilt". I am not a neuroscientist so I can't explain the biochemical state of "guilt" in autistic detail, but people have felt "guilt" always when they did something which they later regreted.

You want to tell me that you never ever experienced guilt in your life? So what emotions did you experience exactly, just give any?

This debate is only futile because of your failure to understand.

Emotion is a biochemical response to external stimuli in the most simplest terms
The external stimuli isn't fixed, your entire preposition is based on fixed external stimuli/absolute truth and that emotions are the wholly production of such; which is wrong
You want to tell me that you never ever experienced guilt in your life? So what emotions did you experience exactly, just give any?
Ofc I've felt and experienced guilt. Just interested in your deduction/reasoning
This debate is only futile because of your failure to understand.
Debating with retards on the internet is a futile waste of time, yes

The external stimuli isn't fixed, your entire preposition is based on fixed external stimuli/absolute truth and that emotions are the wholly production of such; which is wrong
What the fuck does that even mean and when did I say those things? I even noted that definition of emotion that I provided is the most simple one so that your peanut brain can understand it for the sake of "debate".

But anyway, yes it's pointless to engage you anymore.

You are just a nigga who thought that he is high iq and philosophical for making such a thread only to completely crumble when presented with arguments that challenged and disproved your schizo ramblings.

Bye greycel faggot.

if I feel regret I drink soda and it usually goes away

Yeah I don't understand why people feel regret, anything that happened in the past is in the past. Who cares. And eventually the future will be in the past too. Say a 50 year old neet and retired slayer get sent to prison for life, is the slayer just going to be in ecstasy thinking of the past? No. You only live in the present and memories make you feel good about what you can experience in the present that lies in future thats it.

Last edited: