Implant Removal cost

B

BrownEyesWD

Iron
Had Bimax + infra malar implants and I’m happy with the bimax but don’t like the implants. I can feel them on my face whenever I smile, squint and sometimes talk.
There was also too much anterior projection (I even requested 20-25% less than the original planned projection)

PEEK implants also do not totally feel like bone. I can easily distinguish it between bone.

Really regret getting them, it’s only been like one month post op. Should I wait a bit longer to judge the final results but I don’t see a lot of swelling in that area. How much would it cost to remove them?

• +1
Reactions: UZB_Strebl, tom69, Asspear and 2 others
Just curious who designed and placed your implant?

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell, eyebagcel and MixedWhite
Whenever you get braces, they feel foreign in your mouth for about a month, I'm sure the same applies here.

Wait for at least a few months and see if you get used to them

• +1
Reactions: UZB_Strebl, user123456 and Asspear
ur face is still swollen that’s why they feel different u have to wait for the 3 month mark

• +1
Reactions: user123456
Just ask your surgeon? I'd give it some time though.

Just ask your surgeon? I'd give it some time though.
I was quoted the same amount as the implant itself which seems ridiculous. I can’t even imagine how wide it would be if I didn’t request for it to be reduced.
I will give it 5 more months but I don’t see it changing as that area is not swollen at all.

I was quoted the same amount as the implant itself which seems ridiculous. I can’t even imagine how wide it would be if I didn’t request for it to be reduced.
I will give it 5 more months but I don’t see it changing as that area is not swollen at all.
Just a little bit of swelling can make things look really odd. And, yeah, that's fucked up. I feel like if it doesn't look good the surgeon should remove it for free.

Pm lower third if you're willing I'd like to see

PM implant design or pic please

Whenever you get braces, they feel foreign in your mouth for about a month, I'm sure the same applies here.

Wait for at least a few months and see if you get used to them
Listen to pSilent here - give it a bit of time first.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 52433
I will give it some time.

I meant lateral projection not anterior in the original post*

cheekbones are too wide now.

• Love it
Reactions: UZB_Strebl
You should absolutely wait. Who did the surgery?

It increased fwhr?

I will give it some time.

I meant lateral projection not anterior in the original post*

cheekbones are too wide now.
How much has ur fwhr increased could pm before and after u can cover up other parts of face just want to see width change ?

Had Bimax + infra malar implants and I’m happy with the bimax but don’t like the implants. I can feel them on my face whenever I smile, squint and sometimes talk.
There was also too much anterior projection (I even requested 20-25% less than the original planned projection)

PEEK implants also do not totally feel like bone. I can easily distinguish it between bone.

Really regret getting them, it’s only been like one month post op. Should I wait a bit longer to judge the final results but I don’t see a lot of swelling in that area. How much would it cost to remove them?
Bump

The cheekbones are too wide now especially on one side, doesnt compliment my upper third well. I also had a short face so face was also lengthened.

I’m going to give it more time before coming to conclusions.
How much has ur fwhr increased could pm before and after u can cover up other parts of face just want to see width change ?

The cheekbones are too wide now especially on one side, doesnt compliment my upper third well. I also had a short face so face was also lengthened.

What was the fwhr ratio before and after

Maybe one side was already wider before and the designer didn’t take that into account ?

• +1
Reactions: BrownEyesWD
Maybe one side was already wider before and the designer didn’t take that into account ?
Yes and the designer does not take the whole face into account too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the implant design is custom but the movements proposed are always somehow the same for everyone.

Yes and the designer does not take the whole face into account too.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the implant design is custom but the movements proposed are always somehow the same for everyone.
Should’ve gone with @RealSurgerymax

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax
Give it some time

Maybe a revision @RealSurgerymax
I’m going to give it time before committing to anything
Yes just wait. If you want revision in 3 months we can do it

• +1
Know that your nerves are damaged. It may not get better and may take years before any noticeable change is felt. The stretching of the fine nerves from implants is incurable except by a gamble with time.

You need to avoid a revision. The odds you are still unhappy are almost 100% and you are risking more and more nerve damage. I’ve been through all of this.

Do not get a revision. Give them a few months and plan a removal in the meantime. If it feels better, leave them in and consider yourself extremely lucky. If it’s unbearable, take them out and understand that these implants cause permanent damage. The removal causes even more damage but may be worth it for peace of mind. There is also a chance that removing the mass stretching the tissue gives some relief. Nobody can say, but what’s sure is that you need to avoid getting butchered by a revision. Trust no one that’s selling you on these implants.

There’s also a high chance that you end up even more unhappy aesthetically after a revision.

Last edited:
can u share before and after pic plz

PM me pics

Know that your nerves are damaged. It may not get better and may take years before any noticeable change is felt. The stretching of the fine nerves from implants is incurable except by a gamble with time.

You need to avoid a revision. The odds you are still unhappy are almost 100% and you are risking more and more nerve damage. I’ve been through all of this.

Do not get a revision. Give them a few months and plan a removal in the meantime. If it feels better, leave them in and consider yourself extremely lucky. If it’s unbearable, take them out and understand that these implants cause permanent damage. The removal causes even more damage but may be worth it for peace of mind. There is also a chance that removing the mass stretching the tissue gives some relief. Nobody can say, but what’s sure is that you need to avoid getting butchered by a revision. Trust no one that’s selling you on these implants.

There’s also a high chance that you end up even more unhappy aesthetically after a revision.
How do you know his nerves are damaged?

• +1
Reactions: Soychadcell
How do you know his nerves are damaged?
These implants cause nerve damage in every patient. The degree of nerve damage is pure luck.

You don’t “feel” the implant, per say. You feel the nerve damage and the rewiring of the fine nerves.

This is why the nerves don’t just go back to normal after removal. I experienced all this. They are damaged and it’s probably permanent.

Can you show results please