IMPORTANT if you plan on living 30+ [Bone Resorption]

pagodagu

pagodagu

Compassion and Acceptance
Hi guys, I want to talk about keeping your face in mogger condition even in middle aged years (we won't live that long but yk). I take it that all of you know that as you age, your skin loses elasticity, and you become a subhuman downgrown mutt at a certain point.

Traditionally, soft tissue lifting and redrawing are the go-to procedure for rejuvenation.
Nowadays, it has become apparent that failure to address changes in the facial skeleton with aging can limit, even so have adverse effects on the benefit of soft tissue lifting procedures.

Lets talk about these changes, more importantly the culprit behind them..

Resorption: Bone resorption is the natural process of breaking down bone tissue.

The facial skeleton is generally believed to expand continuously throughout life. This is reflected in the progressive increase in certain facial anthropometric measurements with age such as the nasion-to-anterior nasal spine and the facial width. The fact that certain areas of the facial skeleton also undergo resorption with aging is not well appreciated or even accepted. For example, it has been thought that maxillary retrusion of the maxilla does not occur with aging in the fully dentate patient. However, contrary to this view, recent evidence clearly demonstrates that aging of the maxilla is primarily one of bone resorption. So don't hate your jew orthodontist, hate your parents for not giving you Jordan levels of bone deposition in your infant skull to to mitigate the effects of resorption (even though this occurs without said orthodontist crimes, a loss of dentition significantly accelerates bony resorption of the maxilla and mandible).
266 2012 9904 Fig5 HTML

Regions affected

Orbital Region​

• Angle Changes: Despite resorption, the orbital angle itself remains relatively stable. However, specific regions like the superomedial and inferolateral aspects of the orbital rim experience significant resorption.
  • 266 2012 9904 Fig1 HTML
  • Impact: This leads to the increased prominence of the medial orbital fat pad, and the brow position ascends paradoxically with aging, giving a drooped look to the lateral brow.

Maxillary Region​

• Angle Changes: The maxillary angle decreases by approximately 10 degrees between early adulthood and the senior years. This affects the nose's projection and depth of the nasolabial folds.
  • 266 2012 9904 Fig2 HTML
  • Impact: A receding maxilla contributes to sagging in the midface and deepening of the nasolabial folds, which previously were attributed to soft tissue changes alone.

Mandibular Region​

• Angle Changes: The mandibular angle varies depending on the study, with some suggesting an increase and others indicating a contraction.
  • 266 2012 9904 Fig4 HTML
  • Impact: This bone loss leads to the appearance of jowls and a relative concavity in the prejowl region, making the lower face look less defined. As per my last post regarding changes in occlusal plane, through bone resorption in the maxilla, the angle begins to decrease.

Solutions:​

• Soft Tissue Redraping: Techniques like facelifts and thread lifts can be effective in the short term but don't address the fundamental issue of bone resorption.
  • Bone Remodeling:
    • Genioplasty: For those with a receding chin or prejowl sagging, sliding genioplasty can be a surgical option to consider.
    • Custom Implants: Direct skeletal augmentation, particularly with materials like porous hydroxyapatite granules.. These can be designed to augment the maxilla or other resorption-prone areas, providing a more permanent solution.
  • Soy Isoflavones + MK677:
    • Soy Isoflavones: These act as phytoestrogens and can mimic the activity of estrogen, beneficial for bone health. Soy isoflavones prevent osteoporosis-related bone loss in any weight status or treatment duration. They increase BMD in normal weight subjects and diminish bone resorption in overweight/obese individuals. Although bone resorption may be decelerated over short-term isoflavone consumption, periods longer than a year are probably needed to affect BMD. Isoflavones also appear benefits on bone in any dose or subjects' ethnicity.
    • MK677: An oral growth hormone secretagogue, which may contribute to increased bone density when used consistently.
    • Combining these two can offer a synergistic approach to slowing down bone resorption.
    • Sadly the publications ive seen are all regarding post menopause foids.
  • General Diet and Lifestyle:
    • Calcium and Vitamin D: These nutrients are essential for bone health.
    • Weight-Bearing Exercises: Exercises like resistance training can contribute to bone density, countering natural resorption.

Conclusion
Learning about the role of skeletal resorption in the aging process provides a more holistic approach to aesthetic longevity. By tackling both the soft tissue and skeletal elements, one can achieve a more enduring and natural facial rejuvenation.

TLDR: Softmaxxing is cope, Implants is the truth.

• +1
Reactions: j3mPilled, sudanguy, schizo echochamber and 3 others
You are probably an insecure guy who did surgery and did not work out for you. Let me tell you something, do all the surgeries you want and you will still look like an ugly motherfucker

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
You are probably an insecure guy who did surgery and did not work out for you. Let me tell you something, do all the surgeries you want and you will still look like an ugly motherfucker
I tend to make my threads into an expanded abstract to multiple studies on PubMed and other resources for biomedical/craniofacial papers, and no, I haven't had any surgeries. What makes you think so?

Also maybe fix your not so blessed face or private your account before you start projecting.
This you?:
https://looksmax.org/threads/side-profil-rate.859780/ :feelskek:

• +1
Reactions: Kaince Hagim