Incline dumbbell bench vs. Incline barbell bench: Is either superior in terms of chest growth?

KING REIDYZ

KING REIDYZ

ALLAH IS BLACK 😎
Guys !
the way i understand it is that the barbell allows you to use more weight which is good for growth. but the dumbells active a little bit more of the pec fibers which also good for growth. So i'd say it would be good to incorporate both

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and IndraBC
dnrd

• WTF
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: dn7, sayi, KING REIDYZ and 2 others
dumbell by far because if you factor in less injury risk and less chronic issues like shoulder pain, over the long term youll have to take less time off due to injury and therefore accumulate more gains

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Spiritualcell, dn7 and 4 others
every german shit gym tiktoker says dumbbell is better

• JFL
Reactions: KING REIDYZ
Incline db is superior but not by much. But I'd suggest including both for ur upper chest which most lack . U can finish it off by doing cable flys. Also fuck flat presses

• +1
Incline db is superior but not by much. But I'd suggest including both for ur upper chest which most lack . U can finish it off by doing cable flys. Also fuck flat presses
Thanks for the advice

• Hmm...
Reactions: IndraBC
Barbell

• +1
Barbell on a smith machine it’s more stable

Guys !
the way i understand it is that the barbell allows you to use more weight which is good for growth. but the dumbells active a little bit more of the pec fibers which also good for growth. So i'd say it would be good to incorporate both
Incorporate cooming

Dont bench at all retard shit exercise

Barbell on a smith machine it’s more stable
Smith machine sucks ass

Imo barbell wins because you can quickly add weight, unrack, do your sets and go home. Dumbbells give better results if you can manage 100% perfect form and the awkwardness of using them.

try high angle incline press in the smith machine, just started doing those and you get an insane feeling from them

Smith machine sucks ass

Imo barbell wins because you can quickly add weight, unrack, do your sets and go home. Dumbbells give better results if you can manage 100% perfect form and the awkwardness of using them.
stability mogs everything else

converging incline chest press machine > incline smith machine press > incline dumbbell press > incline bench press

• +1
Guys !
Dumbell but i hate dumbells i always do bsrbell bench

• +1
Guys !
Depends on which one activates the muscles more for you

dumbell by far because if you factor in less injury risk and less chronic issues like shoulder pain, over the long term youll have to take less time off due to injury and therefore accumulate more gains
how does DB incline have less injury risk lol, once you get up in weight getting heavy DBs into position is a bitch

This is going to sound autistic but once I started doing these my chest blew up, I don't see anybody doing these. It also feels fine on the shoulders unlike going way back in the lengthened position on a pec deck. You want to sit in a chest press machine (ideally do both incline and regular), one where the pulley system or weights are designed where you can do 1 arm. Rotate your body to sit to the side. Then press ACROSS your body keeping the mind muscle connection to the chest, and find a position that minimizes the triceps involvement.

I "invented" this myself thinking of different ways to use the chest press machine, but then googled 1 arm cross body chest press and found other people have been doing it, it's just not very common. Doing 3 sets of 8-12 reps on this exercise single handedly made my chest not lag behind my shoulders anymore. And doing it on an incline chest press machine is amazing for the clavicular fibers/upper chest.

Last edited:
  • +1