Invest into Bonds

thereallegend

thereallegend

Primal Diet Advice
Just bought half a rack of bonds. In a month I'll earn 4-5% on the money invested and it'll be sent straight to my bank account.

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: justinzayn, Deleted member 6128, Crusile and 3 others
Just bought half a rack of bonds. In a month I'll earn 4-5% on the money invested and it'll be sent straight to my bank account.
And the inflation rate is how many %? :lul:

• +1
Reactions: Bakin donuts 🍩 and mogger123
  • +1
Reactions: Prince88, justinzayn, Deleted member 23218 and 2 others
better than letting it sit in my bank account getting basically nothing for it
But now banks have deposit fee like 4-5% and it is risk free. The only bonds worth buying now are those with inflation indexation markup.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead
But now banks have deposit fee like 4-5% and it is risk free. The only bonds worth buying now are those with inflation indexation markup.
i haven't encountered any deposit fees from my credit union

• +1
Reactions: MaartenVaanThomm
  • +1
Reactions: thereallegend
wtf , 5% recurring month over month or at maturity

Wack

• Ugh..
  • So Sad
Reactions: Crusile and thereallegend
How do I buy bonds? And is there a risk of losing money? Might put in like 1k or so.

Buy series I bonds they pay 6.89%

• Woah
How do I buy bonds? And is there a risk of losing money? Might put in like 1k or so.
no the money is guaranteed. only lose money if your government completely collapses

• +1
Reactions: justinzayn, poopoohead, Jigen and 1 other person
bonds are worthless garbage rn, the markets are crashing because banks hold too many bonds that are guaranteed losses due to inflation + rising rates

Last edited:
  • Woah
Reactions: Crusile

Literally genius. I try not to "gatekeep" information like this, but "war bonds" are singlehandedly miraculous if you know what you are doing. Finally, I highly recommend users on here to invest in opportunities like these because they, over time, compound. Thank you for sharing this insightful, intuitive post!

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: thereallegend and Crusile
u do know as bond yield rises the bond price falls right?? as in yield rises because price falls?

and also even if u hold to never sell, the long term maturity means inflation can smash ur returns.

dont get me wrong, bonds are legit, but in this environment not for more than 20% of what u got to invest

• Woah
Reactions: Crusile
I am 17 nibba

you can pick a 4 week bond
Jfl, what's gonna pay 5% for a 4 week term?? SVB bonds? Signature Bank?

No such thing as a free lunch nigga, and while bonds are important part of your portfolio totally agree, ur here telling these low IQ niggas to go buy bonds without knowing what they doing jfl.

Btw I know what I'm talking about, ask @Corleone

• +1
Reactions: TheMewingBBC, Corleone and mogger123
Imagine having 5 million at 5% locked in for 5 yrs with negative CPI.
high interest rates cause a real-inflationary wealth transfer to the NEET boomer class

• +1

No such thing as a free lunch nigga, and while bonds are important part of your portfolio totally agree, ur here telling these low IQ niggas to go buy bonds without knowing what they doing jfl.

Apr t bill
apr t-bill

Teenagers larping ITT I am the only non wageslave on this forum the rest are larping teens and trust fund kids

• +1
Reactions: Chinacurry

Who is buying bonds while the FED is spiking interest rates? Did people not read how SVB failed?

Last edited:
Consulting Make It Rain GIF by SHOWTIME

Last edited:
u do know as bond yield rises the bond price falls right?? as in yield rises because price falls?

and also even if u hold to never sell, the long term maturity means inflation can smash ur returns.

dont get me wrong, bonds are legit, but in this environment not for more than 20% of what u got to invest
Compared to my bank paying me 0.03% for the money in savings tho

rn i'm locked out of my account because i forgot the account #. so everything's fucked

• JFL
Reactions: TheMewingBBC
Teenagers larping ITT I am the only non wageslave on this forum the rest are larping teens and trust fund kids
nah. i spend and hour a day flipping on ebay and make 6 figures

• JFL