is 4mm advancement bimax + genio a good surgery plan for me(xrays inside)?

G

gideon

Iron
sfs, no ramus and zygos, retrusive, low hyoid, crossbite, crooked/slanted and retracted maxilla, mandible asymmetry, right side of face grown more than left, 8 extractions at 13 (including premolars).

PA CEPH 0001 1
LAT CEPH 0001 1
 OPG 0001

• So Sad
Reactions: reaper2 and sportsmogger
4 mm total seems a little low, no? How many mm advancement is each specific movement getting?

• +1
Reactions: humanoidsub7 and gideon
4 mm total seems a little low, no? How many mm advancement is each specific movement getting?
3mm of maxilla and 4mm of mandibe. I want 6mm advancement for both but don't know how to convince surgeon who thinks I'm not that recessed.

3mm of maxilla and 4mm of mandibe. I want 6mm advancement for both but don't know how to convince surgeon who thinks I'm not that recessed.
Getting any rotations? If you are that should allow for more mandible advancement.

8 extractions holy shit, why ??? They butchered you. @andy9432

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
8 extractions holy shit, why ??? They butchered you. @andy9432
fuck man, and at 13 aswell, he literally needs to create new bone in order to create space for the 8 missing teeth , i dont think this is possible as of right now

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: sportsmogger and MaestheticMaso
fuck man, and at 13 aswell, he literally needs to create new bone in order to create space for the 8 missing teeth , i dont think this is possible as of right now
Best solution is bimax and then implants but it won’t ever be how it should’ve.

• +1
Best solution is bimax and then implants but it won’t ever be how it should’ve.
can bimax advance the bone enough to make space for the 8 missing teeth? i can see a potential solution with bimax+bone grafts + dental implants (obviously wont be as before, but hes giving a fighting chance if this is possible)

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
can bimax advance the bone enough to make space for the 8 missing teeth? i can see a potential solution with bimax+bone grafts + dental implants (obviously wont be as before, but hes giving a fighting chance if this is possible)
You mean in terms of the palate ? I don’t think so unless it’s a segmented lf1 and MSDO.

Overall for cases like this, IMDO is the best solution.

• +1
You mean in terms of the palate ? I don’t think so unless it’s a segmented lf1 and MSDO.

Overall for cases like this, IMDO is the best solution.
Yeah i think IMDO is the way to go, cuz his issue is both palatal and mandibular, my point is, the palate is the foundation of the face, even if he gets bimax, if the palate stays untouched, it will inevitably lead to a relapse down the line.

• +1
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Yeah i think IMDO is the way to go, cuz his issue is both palatal and mandibular, my point is, the palate is the foundation of the face, even if he gets bimax, if the palate stays untouched, it will inevitably lead to a relapse down the line.
Exactly, people forget that a narrow palate essentially suggests a narrow maxilla which gives you low FWHR, and unprotected cheekbones.

Most need to address horizontal and saggital planes of the maxilla

• +1
Exactly, people forget that a narrow palate essentially suggests a narrow maxilla which gives you low FWHR, and unprotected cheekbones.

Most need to address horizontal and saggital planes of the maxilla
why doesnt bimax cover the width of the maxilla? The lf1 area isnt enough for width? Most surgeons do not offer anything more than LF1.

Are you @gideon Gono?