Is being Stubborn a prerequisite for being religious or something?

Pu33

Pu33

Gold
I have nothing against peoples beliefs but fuck me a lot of them are stubborn as anything and really are not open to different view points, not even talking about religious viewpoints btw.

Atheists are way more the way you're describing than religious types in my experience

Atheists are way more the way you're describing than religious types in my experience
I don’t think requiring a rigorous/semi-rigorous standard of proof before believing something is categorized as stubbornness.

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot and LordNorwood
I don’t think requiring a rigorous/semi-rigorous standard of proof before believing something is categorized as stubbornness.
I'm obviously talking about accompanying personality traits rather than attempting to characterize belief or lack thereof as somehow having inherent personality traits itself. Its impossible for a truth-statement or a worldview to have an inherent "personality", all that can maybe be said about them is that they tend to incline humans one or another way personality-wise or that certain personalities are possibly attracted to certain worldviews.
What I was saying in the above post is that outspoken atheists tend to be very stubborn people in my experience, not that atheism is de facto a stubborn position.

• +1
Reactions: Hades
I'm obviously talking about accompanying personality traits rather than attempting to characterize belief or lack thereof as somehow having inherent personality traits itself. Its impossible for a truth-statement or a worldview to have an inherent "personality", all that can maybe be said about them is that they tend to incline humans one or another way personality-wise or that certain personalities are possibly attracted to certain worldviews.
What I was saying in the above post is that outspoken atheists tend to be very stubborn people in my experience, not that atheism is de facto a stubborn position.
Thank you for clarifying what you meant. Yeah I can agree to this.

• +1
Reactions: Toth's thot and LordNorwood
'If there was a god you could prove it' 'but you can't'
Why are these nibbas always fucking liberals too just smdh

Why are these nibbas always fucking liberals too just smdh
They don't want to believe there is someone responsible for making them sub chad tbh, the coping is strong.

• JFL
Reactions: LordNorwood
They don't want to believe there is someone responsible for making them sub chad tbh, the coping is strong.
tbh I think that most people are default atheists but just culturally believe in whatever is popular and don't really think about the big questions too much
but the outspoken atheists are always just the most repulsive types

tbh I think that most people are default atheists but just culturally believe in whatever is popular and don't really think about the big questions too much
but the outspoken atheists are always just the most repulsive types
I grew up christian, it was engraved into me young and deep i'll even try a prayer once in a while when im in deep waters and always feel dirty for doing it. Over time I have I spent a lot of time looking for meaning and reading about topics in philosophy and the like. When I started to get heavy into Cosmology it really pushed me to a point I literally have no idea and can't think anyone's religion sounds like nonsense. The exploration put me at ease though because the fact I think I exist is enough and nobody else has anymore clue than me no matter what evidence they think they have.

(and for anyone reading this yes I have done copious amounts of psychedelics, good fun, can be introspective but it's certainly nothing special)

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
I grew up christian, it was engraved into me young and deep i'll even try a prayer once in a while when im in deep waters and always feel dirty for doing it. Over time I have I spent a lot of time looking for meaning and reading about topics in philosophy and the like. When I started to get heavy into Cosmology it really pushed me to a point I literally have no idea and can't think anyone's religion sounds like nonsense. The exploration put me at ease though because the fact I think I exist is enough and nobody else has anymore clue than me no matter what evidence they think they have.

(and for anyone reading this yes I have done copious amounts of psychedelics, good fun, can be introspective but it's certainly nothing special)
read some Joseph Campbell if you're interested in seeing religion in a different light