Is collagen protein better than whey when it comes to looksmaxxing?

B

bluetango7

Iron
Halfway through a 16 week bulk atm, currently looking at supplements. I just discovered collagen protein powder from a pretty good brand (Myprotein) which really piqued my interest especially since I'm also in the process of renewing my skin via tretinoin - has anyone ever used this stuff? Does consuming collagen orally have a tangible impact on your face and skin? And is it as effective as whey for building muscle?

"collagen orally study" There lies your answer

Retard this isn't google

"If you're looking for the most amino acids, whey is the best option. If you're looking for a better source of BCAAs, whey wins again. If you're looking for the amino acids you need to support collagen production and to relieve joint pain or to support healthy skin, go for collagen protein."

has anyone ever used this stuff?
yes, daily 2 scoops. for skin purpose
Does consuming collagen orally have a tangible impact on your face and skin?
for skin i noticed some improvements
And is it as effective as whey for building muscle?
it's different stuff. I recall, it spikes blood levels creatinine, creatine kinase. Because I had muh blood tested, and these levels were way to high. they asked, because people with kidney problems can also have high of these levels. But i said i take that stuff. and they said that caused it probably, so no problem with muh kidneys.
point being. There might be side effects, taking collagen peptide large amounts, above normal prescriptions. That are not the case with normal collagen supplem,ent for gym stuff.

"" Another rather speculative explanation for the observed effects could be that collagen is rich in arginine and glycine, both known to be important substrates for the synthesis of creatine in the human body. Creatine supplementation has been shown to improve both muscle mass and muscular function in some but not all studies( 45 ). In the recent years, evidence supporting the theory suggesting that creatine supplementation may also play a role in reducing sarcopenia in aged subjects is increasing( 46 ). Therefore, it would be interesting to determine the amount of creatine in the muscle cells following collagen peptide supplementation in future studies.""

Supplements are cope

Whey gets absorbed better, but it may cause acne . No need to spend money on supplements, just eat balanced diet rich in lean protein, in vegetables and fruits. Don't use too much oil, nuts are better or avocado as fat sources