Is eyepatch for lazy eye legit?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Like can you actually put an eyepatch on your dominant eye and train your lazy eye? I'm 17 and it seems like it might be too late but some say otherwise. What other options do I have if this isn't viable?

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter, ripcordgod1 and Deleted member 20631
Arrr matey!

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 25323, Deleted member 19174, Deleted member 13626 and 6 others
It doesn’t hurt to try, but an eyepatch is one of those things that’ll halo you if you’re already good looking but will make you look like a complete retard if you’re ugly so keep that in mind

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro and Deleted member 24712
I used to wear an eyepatch as a kid, so people can't really tell that I have lazy eye, but sometimes I find that my lazy eye isn't opened as widely as my dominant eye, so I cover my lazy eye when im at home using my computer. It helps with asymmetry a bit and my eyesight is getting better

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
I used to wear an eyepatch as a kid, so people can't really tell that I have lazy eye, but sometimes I find that my lazy eye isn't opened as widely as my dominant eye, so I cover my lazy eye when im at home using my computer. It helps with asymmetry a bit and my eyesight is getting better
Can you send a pic of your eyepatch or something, I need to get one as I've heard that just closing on of your eyes can make you asymmetrical
It doesn’t hurt to try, but an eyepatch is one of those things that’ll halo you if you’re already good looking but will make you look like a complete retard if you’re ugly so keep that in mind
I'm only gonna wear it at home nigga jfl it's treatment for it to fix it

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Like can you actually put an eyepatch on your dominant eye and train your lazy eye? I'm 17 and it seems like it might be too late but some say otherwise. What other options do I have if this isn't viable?
should work as focus goes towards the lazy eye, so muscles will become stronger there and fix the lazy eye

• +1
Do you have strabismus?

• Hmm...
The honest answer is yes but it only works for young children.

You need strabismus correction surgery.

• +1
The honest answer is yes but it only works for young children.

You need strabismus correction surgery.
isn't that shit painful + risky + temporary and like $5k?

• +1
Reactions: MadTwatter
isn't that shit painful + risky + temporary and like $5k?
It is none of those. They give you pain meds and the operation is done under local anaesthetic. As far as I’m aware, it’s a low risk outpatient procedure. The results are permanent, an occuloplastic surgeon reattaches the muscles which control the movements of the eye.

$5k is quite steep. Maybe shop around if that’s what you’re being quoted. I recommend turkey from personal experience.

Can you send a pic of your eyepatch or something, I need to get one as I've heard that just closing on of your eyes can make you asymmetrical

I'm only gonna wear it at home nigga jfl it's treatment for it to fix it
I wear my glasses and then fold the cleaning cloth over one of the lenses. Im planning on buying an actual medical eyepatch soon

• +1