Is hair texture completely genetic?

Mouthbreath

Mouthbreath

Looksmaxer
There are millions of hair products out there, yet non of them seems to really improve hair texture. There is also no good guide on this website on how to achieve thick, strong healthy hair. I am coming to the conclusion that hair is mostly genetic and there is nothing one can do to improve it

There are millions of hair products out there, yet non of them seems to really improve hair texture. There is also no good guide on this website on how to achieve thick, strong healthy hair. I am coming to the conclusion that hair is mostly genetic and there is nothing one can do to improve it
Physical appearance itself is mainly genetic. Hair texture wouldn't be any different. The best we can do is get decent haircuts and focus on malleable traits.

On a personal note, it's frustrating to hear from people that my hair is dry because I don't take enough care of it. They ignore the genetic basis behind hair texture and try to gaslight me into thinking my hair looks gross solely because I'm a slob, which is not true at all. There's no treatment for my genes.

• +1
Reactions: Mouthbreath