Is "harmony" just looking good before people fully analyse your face?

D

Deleted member 30008

Iron
I saw 2 guys in metro today, when I noticed the first dude I needed just 3-4 seconds to understand that he's gl. No some unique features, but he was decent.
Then I saw the second dude and he mogged first guy in almost everything (better jaw, eyes, cheekbones) thing is, for this guy I needed to fully analyse his face and features and honestly his features individually looked great, but when I looked at both of them overall the first dude mogged him.

I am trying to say that having harmonious face is basically when you meet new people and they decide in first few seconds whether you are attractive or not, they don't need to closely observe every feature they just look at you and decide immediately.

I guess the same works for photos and videos

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Deleted member 29167, Deleted member 19766 and 3 others
You can use imagination cuz no pics

Yes harmonious faces tend to immediately appeal to you. The averageness , ideal ratios, symmetry, and lack of glaring failos means nothing sticks out on the face or seems out of place or "off" in an inexplicable way making the face very pleasant to look at

You can analyze why a face is harmonious (ratios + symmetry + no terrible failo on an individual feature like NCT) but it tends to be something you immediately feel about a face.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 30008
harmonious faces usually don't really have any features that stand out, excess development doesn't make you good looking.

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2, ROTTING, Deleted member 19766 and 4 others
Someone like Alain Delon is just pleasant to look at both by straight women and men, even if he doesn't fit strict PSL or plastic surgeon ideas of perfect ratios, jaw size etc.

That's what makes surgical enhancement so hard. It's difficult to pinpoint *why* his face is pleasant. It's a combination of hundreds of factors only nature can harmonise together.

Just taking one or two isolated measures from his face and copypasting it onto another person simply doesn't work.

He was never a model. He was originally cast for low budget movies because he'd work for peanuts. But he looks better than most models did in that time and age.
03E39C25 E29B 4437 836C 731B14715A88

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Banderacell, angelo, blatonslatt and 4 others
Someone like Alain Delon is just pleasant to look at both by straight women and men, even if he doesn't fit strict PSL or plastic surgeon ideas of perfect ratios, jaw size etc.

That's what makes surgical enhancement so hard. It's difficult to pinpoint *why* his face is pleasant. It's a combination of hundreds of factors only nature can harmonise together.

Just taking one or two isolated measures from his face and copypasting it onto another person simply doesn't work.
if you had more than two features considered desirable by psl autists chances are you wouldn't have any harmony whatsoever because they combine very poorly.

hence they tend to resemble gay aliens due to lack of balance.

• +1
Reactions: Bitchwhipper2 and Gandy
YOU U FUCKKINGG GREYYCELLL GO AWAY AT OUR FORUMM I HATE YOU KINDD

BD6BC305 4705 4C20 AD2E 9F8CBC7186AB

This is what painting from top level artist look like before ratios research

looks like shit

Ratios were developed as a baseline for artists to learn so they could draw peoples faces

but obviously some people are better than others at high level, Rembrandt mog ur art teacher implying ratios to be discovered at least

its been 500+ yrs of research now to discover ratios so idk if it’s gonna jappen

All comments here are retarded

Harmony has nothing to due with not looking uncanny or looking in sync

Harmony is if your ratios add up. So when someone talks about harmony on here and theyre not some noob they’re talking about ratios (ie midface ratio ipd ratio chin Phil trim height ratio etc etc)

a lot of people say harmony is ratios

but I think harmony is not just good ratios, but an effect resulting from two things: (1) a particular combination or gestalt of ratios, which in isolation, each individual ratio may or may not be a "good" one; and (2) no failos

Here a gestalt refers to the maxim that the whole is always greater than the sum of the parts. The portion of the aesthetic appeal that exceeds the sum of the parts is "harmony." And there are countless ways to arrive at this harmony that it's futile to try to systematize the means to achieve it, whereas it is easy to say when an individual feature failos someone.

Harmony is just individual good looking features/ratios, things that ruin harmony are usually long philtrums, midface ratio, ipd, pfl etc