Is it a bad idea to get jaw/cheek implants when you have a long midface?

Samiscool234

Samiscool234

Looksminned autismmaxxer
My midface is a little longer than average due to slight downward growth + a slim nose (and hence low ipd), is it a bad idea to go for that square-jaw and prominent-cheekbone look? Will it make me look goofy?

Increasing your bizygo and bigonial width could be beneficial, but you're limited by your skull anyways, so you can't go overboard with it .

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness, WanderingBurro, MTNAscension2 and 3 others
Increasing your bizygo and bigonial width could be beneficial, but you're limited by your skull anyways, so you can't go overboard with it .
Wouldn't that mess up his IPD even more?

Wouldn't that mess up his IPD even more?
Not his IPD, dude's not getting an OBO, but his FWHR would be slightly changed. As i said, the skull is the limiting factor in term of how wide you can go, nobody wants to look comical.

Not his IPD, dude's not getting an OBO, but his FWHR would be slightly changed. As i said, the skull is the limiting factor in term of how wide you can go, nobody wants to look comical.
Can you change the skull ?

I’m talking about skull implants jfl

No, they can treat some cranial deformities, but the probleme in most cases is the skull in its entirety, you can't slap an implant onto every single square mm of your skull. And even if you could, then it would look off compare to the rest of your body.

In the end, it's all about your base anyways.

• +1
Reactions: PrinceofDarkness and MaestheticMaso
Forward grown features without being forward grown will definitely look weird. When you're forward grown it effects your entire face.

No, they can treat some cranial deformities, but the probleme in most cases is the skull in its entirety, you can't slap an implant onto every single square mm of your skull. And even if you could, then it would look off compare to the rest of your body.

In the end, it's all about your base anyways.
But you don’t necessarily need a square and wide Brad Pitt jaw to look attractive. As long as it’s sharp and defined it’s still good enough.

But you don’t necessarily need a square and wide Brad Pitt jaw to look attractive. As long as it’s sharp and defined it’s still good enough.

Then you'll need to stay super lean. Pitt's jaw is mostly masseter hypertrophy, which isn't a problemn on him because of his super prettyboy harmony.

If you want to age well, you need bones. Sure you don't need barrett's level of bonemass to look good, you need a baseline like chico has, but he was saved by his one in a billion harmony and his collagen in his prime.
It's easier to get higher bonemass via surgery than better harmony, especially when talking about the eye area.

• Hmm...
Reactions: MaestheticMaso
Forward grown features without being forward grown will definitely look weird. When you're forward grown it effects your entire face.
What about people like Chico? Or Robert Pattinson? Or ronaldo? They have good cheekbone/jaw mass and they're not very forwardly grown

What about people like Chico? Or Robert Pattinson? Or ronaldo? They have good cheekbone/jaw mass and they're not very forwardly grown
Chico clearly has forward growth, Pattison and CR7 are decent but at least not recessed. If you're recessed and get work done it will be blatantly obvious and ruin harmony.

Chico clearly has forward growth, Pattison and CR7 are decent but at least not recessed. If you're recessed and get work done it will be blatantly obvious and ruin harmony.
Ok well my mandible/maxilla aren't recessed then, theyre a bit more forwardly grown than Pattinson's, however obviously my jaw isn't as wide as his and my gonial angle is steeper (135-140 degrees or so). So do you think getting implants would make me uncanny?

Not if you fix your recession from the bottom up. BSSO, Le Forte then implants.

Cheek augmentation can actually help remedy a longer narrow midface.

Fillers though theoretically doable with implants:

Fillerscroatia

This one is part of a full on trans makeover so ignore the things like shaved down brows and gonions but FWHR was pretty dramatically changed through implants.

Ffs cheek augmentation

• +1
Reactions: WanderingBurro
Cheek augmentation can actually help remedy a longer narrow midface.

Fillers though theoretically doable with implants:

View attachment 2710109

This one is part of a full on trans makeover so ignore the things like shaved down brows and gonions but FWHR was pretty dramatically changed through implants.

View attachment 2710111
Can i dm you about what surgeries i need not to like ascend chad level but be good looking