Is it OK for me to eat 1200 calories a day for a couple months or will I die painfully.

D

Deleted member 20914

Master
I've tried googling this but it is always super high inhib responses like noooooo you have to only have a 2 calorie deficit or you'll get gallstones, you have to lose a maximum of 2 lbs a week blah blah blah.

So in short, is it OK for me to eat 1200 Calories a day as a 5 foot 10 :feelswhy: 180lbs person. Or will I end up fucked up or something.

I plan on doing this for 2 months, as that will result in 20lbs lost.

• +1
Reactions: babouchelelouche and Danish_Retard
Even if u ate 0 calories for 2 months you will still
survive

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: j05, Deleted member 23564, Deleted member 17920 and 5 others
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 23564
auschwitz maxxing

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20914
It's fine, but losing at a lower rate will let you keep significantly more muscle.

• +1
Reactions: j05, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and twilight
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 23564, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and Danish_Retard
It's fine, but losing at a lower rate will let you keep significantly more muscle.
surely if I eat enough protein I will be fine? Why would my body need to burn muscle if I get enough protein...

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard
Best way to destroy your muscles and end up skinny fat. Eat with a deficit and go lift some weight, you pussy.

just do 500 cal deficit, has no negative side effects and can still keep your gym gains if you do it right

• +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS
its brutally hard i tried 1500 once felt like dying

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 23564 and twilight
It's wont work long term. If you want loss weight for long term and maitaiance just eat what you want to eat EVERYDAY but create deficit ( max 500 kcal), you can do ''fasting'' or even a day on water fast if you want. At that low calories your metabolism will slow down, your test will drop and you will be out of energy, trust me - crash diet doesn't works.

It's wont work long term. If you want loss weight for long term and maitaiance just eat what you want to eat EVERYDAY but create deficit ( max 500 kcal), you can do ''fasting'' or even a day on water fast if you want. At that low calories your metabolism will slow down, your test will drop and you will be out of energy, trust me - crash diet doesn't works.
I've done it before, I can survive a month of this JFL

Depending in your metabolic rate it might just slow down your metabolism and eat your muscle. Don't do this.

surely if I eat enough protein I will be fine? Why would my body need to burn muscle if I get enough protein...
To my knowledge with a big deficit eating huge ammounts of protein isn't enough to entirely offset it.

I've eaten 1200kcal for some weeks and I've noticed a decrease in strength even tho I eat minimum 120g protein every day. Also it just gets kinda boring to eat that clean, when you could just eat 400kcal extra and get the same protein in more interesting meals.

• Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
To my knowledge with a big deficit eating huge ammounts of protein isn't enough to entirely offset it.

I've eaten 1200kcal for some weeks and I've noticed a decrease in strength even tho I eat minimum 120g protein every day. Also it just gets kinda boring to eat that clean, when you could just eat 400kcal extra and get the same protein in more interesting meals.
OK, I'll probably just eat 1500 calories then walk for 2 miles to burn 200.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268 and Danish_Retard
You’ll be fine.

I've tried googling this but it is always super high inhib responses like noooooo you have to only have a 2 calorie deficit or you'll get gallstones, you have to lose a maximum of 2 lbs a week blah blah blah.

So in short, is it OK for me to eat 1200 Calories a day as a 5 foot 10 :feelswhy: 180lbs person. Or will I end up fucked up or something.

I plan on doing this for 2 months, as that will result in 20lbs lost.
Depends on your body fat % and whether you are natty

Losing strength doesn’t mean losing muscle tho? Doesn’t the body always prioritize fat over muscle for weight loss as long as your are training and stimulating muscles and eating atleast 1 g/pound in protein