Is Pagnoni the best for implants?

fleurybobby

fleurybobby

Bronze
Im most likely going to Ramieri for trimax, but after that i would maybe go for implants if I want to improve even more. Is Pagnoni the best for that? Are his designs good or are RSM designs better? Ive seen some bad bimax results from Pagnoni but his implants seem to be well talked about in this forum, they seem good. Im debating between him or RSM. Or maybe i can do both, RSM designs the implants and Pagnoni places them.

He's the best that we know of. He works with two implant designers, one of them being giant/RSM.

RSM from what I know is the designer, then you choose which surgeon can place them and the material he uses.

I am gonna go with pagnoni all-in, so we will see. From what I’ve seen, his work and B/A was more impressive and consistent than eppley's yaremchuck's and ramieri's regarding implants.

Also Ramieri does not offer saddle with Infras, which is something I want. Though, if you want to do bone, he can be a good option too, I think.

RSM from what I know is the designer, then you choose which surgeon can place them and the material he uses.

I am gonna go with pagnoni all-in, so we will see. From what I’ve seen, his work and B/A was more impressive and consistent than eppley's yaremchuck's and ramieri's regarding implants.

Also Ramieri does not offer saddle with Infras, which is something I want. Though, if you want to do bone, he can be a good option too, I think.
Do you know why Ramieri does not do this? He seems like an honest guy ngl.

I sent you a pm

is it really tho? I haven't heard of other experts opinions about it
The only risk I can think of is putting pressure on the eye and distorting the shape of the lens causing blurry vision. But that should easily be fixed by removing the implant

The only risk I can think of is putting pressure on the eye and distorting the shape of the lens causing blurry vision. But that should easily be fixed by removing the implant
So the blurry vision would be permanent?

No it would be for as long as you have the implant in. I can’t think of any other risks that saddled ones have that normal don’t.

No it would be for as long as you have the implant in. I can’t think of any other risks that saddled ones have that normal don’t.
Ohh and is it possible to replace the implant and not have blurry vision? Because i dont see a point on having it if your just gonna remove it after

Ohh and is it possible to replace the implant and not have blurry vision? Because i dont see a point on having it if your just gonna remove it after
I’d imagine you could replace it with an implant that has a smaller saddle if it’s causing problems.

• +1
Reactions: Mrxshmallow and fleurybobby
Yes. I got implants from him.

I probably should have asked Pagnoni about the safety of his implant placements during the consultation. It didn't even cross my mind then, since I was so determined.

But I have another consultation with Ramieri coming up, so maybe I'll ask him why he doesn't do what Pagnoni claims he can do.

• +1
Reactions: fleurybobby
But I have another consultation with Ramieri coming up, so maybe I'll ask him why he doesn't do what Pagnoni claims he can do.

Why you’re doing this? One surgeon operates in a way, meanwhile the other operates in another way.

That’s disrespectful to talk about other surgeons work

• +1
Reactions: VenatorLuparius
Why you’re doing this? One surgeon operates in a way, meanwhile the other operates in another way.

That’s disrespectful to talk about other surgeons work

Because Ramieri seems like an honest guy, and I'm curious to know what he thinks the safety concerns are? I doubt he would feel disrespected to explain this to me.

Last edited:
Because Ramieri seems like an honest guy, and I'm curious to know what he thinks the safety concerns are? I doubt he would feel disrespected to explain this to me.

Do it at your own risk. Getting rejected by a surgeon is not good

Do it at your own risk. Getting rejected by a surgeon is not good
Okay. There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of decent surgeons. Getting "rejected" by a few of them doesn't really mean all that much to me.

objectively raffaini is the best but he won't listen to you

objectively raffaini is the best but he won't listen to you
Better than Pagnoni for implants? I thought he was only good for bimax. Either way he seems like a decent choice

Better than Pagnoni for implants? I thought he was only good for bimax. Either way he seems like a decent choice
idk about pagnoni, theres almost no info about him on the internet

idk about pagnoni, theres almost no info about him on the internet
Yeah he is pushed a lot in this forum, its a bit sketchy. But ive heard he had some good results. I will maybe book a consultation with him for implants

Update me on his answer, if you asked ofc
He basically said that the implant designs by giant.implants involve opening up your entire face, and that he could safely do something like that but generally he feels it's unnecessary.

Last edited:
  • +1
^ He only mentioned the "infra/supra" implants done by him though. And he also mentioned giant implants by name, without me having to say it. So he's probably aware of these forums to some extent.

• +1
^ He only mentioned the "infra/supra" implants done by him though. And he also mentioned giant implants by name, without me having to say it. So he's probably aware of these forums to some extent.
i see. What type of implants does Ramieri do? What are your impressions on him so far? I think Ramieri is the safest option out there tbh although hes a bit conservative with advancements(from what ive read in this forum)

i see. What type of implants does Ramieri do? What are your impressions on him so far? I think Ramieri is the safest option out there tbh although hes a bit conservative with advancements(from what ive read in this forum)
Ramieri is a very chill guy. Very positive outlook on life. He seems very honest, and not motivated by money. I was insistent on paying him again for a second consultation, but he refused.

I'm not sure what other implants he does, but I know he does various jaw related implants.

I think he's the safest bet that I've seen so far, especially if you live in the U.S, and want to save on out of pocket costs. I asked if he takes an initial deposit, and he said not until a few months before surgery. Which means prices can and probably will go up between the time you start orthodontics and the time you're ready for surgery, so you should be prepared in advance for that.

I think he's the safest bet that I've seen so far, especially if you live in the U.S, and want to save on out of pocket costs. I asked if he takes an initial deposit, and he said not until a few months before surgery. Which means prices can and probably will go up between the time you start orthodontics and the time you're ready for surgery, so you should be prepared in advance for that.
Does he always do orthodontic work prior to surgery? I already had invisalign so im not sure if i would need it but sometimes they “decompensate” the bite but surgery. Has he shown you other results (before after) during the online consultation with him?

Does he always do orthodontic work prior to surgery? I already had invisalign so im not sure if i would need it but sometimes they “decompensate” the bite but surgery. Has he shown you other results (before after) during the online consultation with him?
You should just consult with him and ask if orthodontics are necessary in your case. I didn't ask for his results bc there are plenty on his ig and I've heard his name around here since 2018.

• +1
You should just consult with him and ask if orthodontics are necessary in your case. I didn't ask for his results bc there are plenty on his ig and I've heard his name around here since 2018.
Alright then, good luck on your surgery bro

He basically said that the implant designs by giant.implants involve opening up your entire face, and that he could safely do something like that but generally he feels it's unnecessary.
ye this makes sense. i always wondered how pagnoni inserts and places infra implants considering that there’s hardly any vision of the orbital area when doing intra oral placements

guessing he opens the face similar to how surgeons do during trimaxes. pretty brutal but i’ve never heard of any horror stories so

ye this makes sense. i always wondered how pagnoni inserts and places infra implants considering that there’s hardly any vision of the orbital area when doing intra oral placements

guessing he opens the face similar to how surgeons do during trimaxes. pretty brutal but i’ve never heard of any horror stories so
If I remember correctly he said he never does transconjunctival approach- only intraoral for all cases. But custom implants warp more easily to the skull structure due to the custom design process so it may not be as necessary to fully visualize the placement. Then again, idk how he manages to avoid the infraorbital nerve-iirc he said he just designs around it.