Is retinol worth it?

moreroidsmoredates

moreroidsmoredates

make it or die trying
Did any of you guys saw improvement using retinol? Or should I straight up go with tret? Haven’t used retinol yet. Is it a good idea to start with retinol and build up to higher concentrates tret?

Did any of you guys saw improvement using retinol? Or should I straight up go with tret? Haven’t used retinol yet. Is it a good idea to start with retinol and build up to higher concentrates tret?
use tret, or fucking epiduo if you're too pussy for tret which would be crazy if you are:lul:

• Hmm...
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates
@Orc @FacialStructure404 @agoostis @NorwoodAscender @Clavicular @i_love_roosters

No

• +1
Reactions: got.daim
IMG 1997
I’ve used every kind of tret and retinol consistently and saw next to no benefit.

If anything my skin constantly peeled and was inflamed which isn’t healthy for the skin.

I did everything to mitigate the sides of tret, but nothing worked. I just use 10% hyaluronic acid now and moisturize.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: autistic_tendencies, Staceymaxxing, HTN_Mentalcel and 2 others
View attachment 2844943 I’ve used every kind of tret and retinol consistently and saw next to no benefit.

If anything my skin constantly peeled and was inflamed which isn’t healthy for the skin.

I did everything to mitigate the sides of tret, but nothing worked. I just use 10% hyaluronic acid now and moisturize.
Did you see a difference on hylonaric acid?

0.025 tret every third day for the first 2-3 weeks. the every other day for the next 2-3. then nightly after that. apply moisturizer, then the tret, then another layer of moisturizer

• +1
View attachment 2844943 I’ve used every kind of tret and retinol consistently and saw next to no benefit.

hoping u used it for more than 8-10 months.

0.025 tret every third day for the first 2-3 weeks. the every other day for the next 2-3. then nightly after that. apply moisturizer, then the tret, then another layer of moisturizer
What improvements did you see?

• +1
Reactions: Costcosuperstore and moreroidsmoredates
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: HTN_Mentalcel and moreroidsmoredates
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FacialStructure404 and HTN_Mentalcel

That's true if ur skin gets irritated by tret it will actually looksmin you making ur skin dull , moisturizer and sunscreen is more than fine

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: FacialStructure404 and HTN_Mentalcel
I used it everyday for a year and it does maek skin look a bit better but its useless for acne.

• +1
Retinol is just Tret with less power

Cosmetics and medication do not play in the same rank

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: moreroidsmoredates and HTN_Mentalcel

What brand of HA would you reccommend?i have thick nose and hyperpigmented shitskin i want to clear and brighten up.

do this

i started with 0,05 and i got some crazy peeling and redness jfl

I never had acne and my skin has always been good. I use retinol as tret is probably too strong for my skin and I don't think I'm old enough to get the benefit of using it.

When I'm consistent with it my skin is nicer. I use 1% concentration from Ordinary. Maybe it's the squalane, but my face feels very plump after using it. I used A313 (Frenchcels will probably know this brand) and it made my skin pretty dry. Ordinary one works better for me because I don't like using too much moisturiser.

Last edited:
  • +1
I use retinol because I'm too acne prone and oily on roids, it definitely works. I notice it smoothing out my skin generally. Would definitely suggest a GOOD cleanser along with it though

• +1
The Ordinary makes cheap retinols, their markup is several times lower than with 'premium' brands who have the exact same ingredients.

The problem is retinols are roughly 20x weaker than tretinoin, which is why they're sold over the counter with no prescription.
You would need to apply OTC retinols and retinoids for 5 years to get the same results you would get with tretinoin in 3 months.

If you have cheap access to tretinoin where you live (or can order it online), just go with that and use a strong moisturizer.

Tret will change your skin texture pretty rapidly. If it's drying or aging, it will get a glow which normally only happens in 15-18 year old men. Some people on PSL hate this and call it "gay glow" but it objectively looks better than rough patchy skin.

See the image results to see how it changes skin texture. It makes adult skin look 5-10 years younger. There are no male celebrities, actors or media personalities who don't take advantage of this hack when it costs so little and is so unnoticeable compared to injecting stuff into your skin.

• +1
Reactions: hoursk, Deleted member 68396 and moreroidsmoredates
The Ordinary makes cheap retinols, their markup is several times lower than with 'premium' brands who have the exact same ingredients.

The problem is retinols are roughly 20x weaker than tretinoin, which is why they're sold over the counter with no prescription.
You would need to apply OTC retinols and retinoids for 5 years to get the same results you would get with tretinoin in 3 months.

If you have cheap access to tretinoin where you live (or can order it online), just go with that and use a strong moisturizer.

Tret will change your skin texture pretty rapidly. If it's drying or aging, it will get a glow which normally only happens in 15-18 year old men. Some people on PSL hate this and call it "gay glow" but it objectively looks better than rough patchy skin.

See the image results to see how it changes skin texture. It makes adult skin look 5-10 years younger. There are no male celebrities, actors or media personalities who don't take advantage of this hack when it costs so little and is so unnoticeable compared to injecting stuff into your skin.
Will it help with a slided down fat pad. They make me look older and give me deep naso folds. I look 30+ at 23.

Will it help with a slided down fat pad. They make me look older and give me deep naso folds. I look 30+ at 23.
Unfortunately slid down fat pads on the cheeks are genetic. Needs surgical intervention or constant fillers to correct. I do agree it's one of the worst things to have besides gyno as a man. Hence worth the money to correct.

• +1
Unfortunately slid down fat pads on the cheeks are genetic. Needs surgical intervention or constant fillers to correct. I do agree it's one of the worst things to have besides gyno as a man. Hence worth the money to correct.
Will leaning down from 20% to 10-12% help?

A lot. They will still be visible in overhead lighting and outdoors lighting though.
Lifefuel.
I most indoor lighting they aren’t really prominent, but in ourdoor sunlight its extremely brutal aswell as in overhead lighting. They make me look 10-15 years older.