Is social awkwardness genetic or environmental if it's not autism?

dopaminebeyondfried

dopaminebeyondfried

brain rot
Wasn't diagnosed autist (who knows what would happen if I get tested now) but I'm painfully awkward, especially in my movements compared to other people. Don't feel awkward but on video my movements look so robotic and forced compared to everyone else, don't remember looking this awkward looking back at vids of me as a kid. Must be abused dog trauma that made me turn out this way

• +1
Reactions: lemonnz
a bit of both, covid spiked autism cause of isolation

• +1
Reactions: Av0nr and lemonnz
environmental probably

Always environmental, legit autists never find these places

There were a few autists on PSL, like MRZ or Willymonfrette, but yeah, very, very rare.

Can be caused by developmental trauma which is environmental. Me for instance, my mom had gestational diabetes while pregnant with me and it caused me to have to be induced. The induced delivery was very stressful and I got stuck in the birth canal and the doctors wanted to use forceps to pull me out. But my mom refused the forceps but they did have to help pull me out.

As a result, I have had cognitive and social skill issues that showed up as I grew from infancy to childhood and have pretty much stayed with me until now.

I would classify that under environmental rather than genetic. There's nothing wrong with my genes. Had my mom not had gestational diabetes and I had a normal birth, I likely wouldn't have any of the problems I had.

• So Sad
Reactions: wsada
Both. If xanax or alcohol don’t work, then its genetic.

genetics determines everything ultimately. two people can have a genes of becoming socially awkward, but only one might experience the conditions that allow it to manifest. that doesn't mean the other person didn't have the same genes or was subject to it, it means the circumstances were different between them. that is as far as "environmental influences" can be determined.

no, but they find even more extremes versions of this place, ie wizard forums, 4chan groups, incel discords, sybstacks, etc

watch this legit autist from 4chan. also jf garipey, who is autistic and hosts the highest iq show on the internet is featured a bit before this segment:

Last edited: