Is there any reason why my face tends to look slightly leaner when my diet is awful and i'm not exercising much and am generally heavier?

W

wristcel

Kraken
I've noticed this a few times in my life.

Back when I was ketoing and exercising a tonne years back, i'd lose weight but felt my face was puffier.

Then i'd stop being healthy and just lived off pizza and not working out, slowly gain weight, but i'm sure my face looked a tiny bit leaner.

And i've noticed the same thing recently after slowly putting on about 1.5 stone due to eating like a pig - so likely mostly fat! My face feels a little bit leaner. It's weird. Not sure if i'm imagining it or if there's some weird scientific reason

my face looks more saggy on a cut, over time being lean it tightens up

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
Never eat too little sodium. This is what caused your bloat. When you exercised, you sweated out sodium which exacerbated the negative effects of your low sodium diet.

When you eat too little sodium, your body will try to retain it by holding onto water, hence, the water retention.

Also, if you eat a consistent level of sodium, you will no longer bloat since your body regulates ADH or something (don't bother asking me more). You probably ate a shit diet consistently so your sodium intake remained consistent.

Solution: get back to losing weight and make sure you supplement/consume a consistent amount of sodium each day (I do 1500mg). Supplement/consume pottasium in 3 or 4 to 1 ratio relative to sodium (so in my case, 4500 or 6000mg). Never eat too little sodium. It will debloat you a bit at first, but then it will just get worse.

• +1
Reactions: wristcel
Never eat too little sodium. This is what caused your bloat. When you exercised, you sweated out sodium which exacerbated the negative effects of your low sodium diet.

When you eat too little sodium, your body will try to retain it by holding onto water, hence, the water retention.

Also, if you eat a consistent level of sodium, you will no longer bloat since your body regulates ADH or something (don't bother asking me more). You probably ate a shit diet consistently so your sodium intake remained consistent.

Solution: get back to losing weight and make sure you supplement/consume a consistent amount of sodium each day (I do 1500mg). Supplement/consume pottasium in 3 or 4 to 1 ratio relative to sodium (so in my case, 4500 or 6000mg). Never eat too little sodium. It will debloat you a bit at first, but then it will just get worse.
You can just eat eggs for sodium and other stuff