Is tretinoin safe in the long run?

Z

Zain202

Iron
good day to all! I've had acne for years, and I'm using tretinoin from skinorac for quite some time. I got awesome results in 4-5 months but I'm a little concerned about the potential negative effects as I want to use it for long time. Anyone here,who used tretinoin for acne did you ever encounter any negative effect in the long run? If so, how did you think you could have avoided it? I would much appreciate any suggestions!

• +1
Reactions: Sens
good day to all! I've had acne for years, and I'm using tretinoin from skinorac for quite some time. I got awesome results in 4-5 months but I'm a little concerned about the potential negative effects as I want to use it for long time. Anyone here,who used tretinoin for acne did you ever encounter any negative effect in the long run? If so, how did you think you could have avoided it? I would much appreciate any suggestions!
accutane on top

accutane on top
get pancreatitis whenever you drink even 1% alcohol and permanently avoid sun contact theory

• +1
Reactions: gigacopecel
tret til death

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, Yerico7, Deleted member 27472 and 1 other person
Yes, it is safe. There are chances of side effect that are serious but below 0,01% chance, just do blood tests while using and be wary and observe any negative effects you might catch. As long as you do that and stay careful you will be fine.

I have been 4 and a half months, I need half a month to finish on Isotan isotretinoin (2 pills of 20mg per day), the negative effects in addition to dry skin and lips are blurred vision due to dry eyes and some changes in mood I hope that when the treatment ends these effects will go away

get pancreatitis whenever you drink even 1% alcohol and permanently avoid sun contact theory
It’s topical not isotretinoin, not enough potency to affect your internals

Tretinoin is safe, isotretinoin (accutane) is very unsafe and I wish I never took it.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7, ymb, cell0xide and 1 other person
Tretinoin is safe, isotretinoin (accutane) is very unsafe and I wish I never took it.
Did your sides outlast the duration u took it

i have been using tret for 8 years doing ok

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx and Deleted member 21863
Isotretinoin can screw with your liver markers and ur lipids so get them tested before during and after, u shouldn't be using it long term anyway

and topical tret is safe long term

• +1
Reactions: gigacopecel and bradpittshairline
i have been using tret for 8 years doing ok
Do you still need it? I'd presume that amount of excessive cell turnover isn't ideal for aging long term. That much turnover of any cell increases your risk of cancer as well

Isotretinoin can screw with your liver markers and ur lipids so get them tested before during and after, u shouldn't be using it long term anyway

and topical tret is safe long term
But with topical tret if u get a wife and she’s pregnant (won’t happen for most of u) then stop using tret during that time it can cause birth directs if the mother comes in contact. Same with finesteride and minox

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
Do you still need it? I'd presume that amount of excessive cell turnover isn't ideal for aging long term. That much turnover of any cell increases your risk of cancer as well
Doesn’t tretinoin remove the risk of skin cancer tho?

• +1
Reactions: gigacopecel
But with topical tret if u get a wife and she’s pregnant (won’t happen for most of u) then stop using tret during that time it can cause birth directs if the mother comes in contact. Same with finesteride and minox
Do you need to stop finasteride even if your sperm count isn't affected? What's the logic for stopping minox if u make sure you don't make contact while it's still absorbing

I've read about topical tret not advised during that time

• +1
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
any notable results/people commenting?
Occasionally, but ive noticed my skin looking more dull the last year or so but i think thats more from environmental causes and chronic lack of sleep from sleep apnea than anything else

My skin is probably a lot better than most 26yos and i still look young. Who knows how i would look if i wasnt using it all this time

When i started it originally it cured my acne

ive never heard this
If anything that comes from failing to use a sunscreen?

• +1
Reactions: gigacopecel and Deleted member 21863
Occasionally, but ive noticed my skin looking more dull the last year or so but i think thats more from environmental causes and chronic lack of sleep from sleep apnea than anything else

My skin is probably a lot better than most 26yos and i still look young. Who knows how i would look if i wasnt using it all this time

When i started it originally it cured my acne

ive never heard this
If anything that comes from failing to use a sunscreen?
tretnoin is actually used in treatment of some cancers. What causes skin cancer usually (except simply random chance and bad luck which can happen to anyone) is sun damage and tretnoin can repair it. So wear your sunscreen and use tret

• +1
Reactions: gigacopecel, Yerico7 and Deleted member 18582
i would use tret long term but less frequently.
like 1-2x a week after a year

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and ymb
  • +1
Reactions: gigacopecel and Yerico7
only thing ive heard is that it can thin the epidermis (outer layer) of your skin over time, maybe this was because people werent using it in conjuction with sunscreen. This can likely be avoided through other skin care measures though

only thing ive heard is that it can thin the epidermis (outer layer) of your skin over time, maybe this was because people werent using it in conjuction with sunscreen. This can likely be avoided through other skin care measures though
can you recommend some sunscreen to use with tret?

Mogs accutane probably some bad effects. But accutane is in your blood brain barrier and effects the entire body. Tret effects your skin temporally wear sunblock tho.

Mogs accutane probably some bad effects. But accutane is in your blood brain barrier and effects the entire body. Tret effects your skin temporally wear sunblock tho.
True that bruh