ive been seeing that a lot of people think weight lifting stunts growth. Is this true and if so explain your reasoning

spdxer

spdxer

external mog
Yeah, it kinda off stunts your growth because your body will use part of the resources that would be used to make you taller, like testosterone, hgh/igf-1 and macronutrients like protein to repair your muscles,, if i were you i'd just eatmaxxing(eat all the macro-nutrients necessary per day) and cardio exercises like jumping jacks and walks.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24712, Slob and looksmidder
Yeah, it kinda off stunts your growth because your body will use part of your testosterone, hgh/igf-1 and macronutrients like protein to repair your muscles, if i were you i'd just eatmaxxing(eat all the macro-nutrients necessary per day) and cardio exercises like jumping jacks and walks.
why not just eatmaxx and lift?

spinal compression and tension isn't the greatest when growing so avoid deadlifts and squats and heavy asf movmenet

• +1
Reactions: Lawton88, buflek and Mr.Proper
hmm idk, each micro-gram of muscle that your body built with those resources/hormones, could've been used in a micro-gram of bone, idk

• +1
Reactions: looksmidder
Actually, you can do it, i don't think that it'll stunts your growth if you make sure to eat a lot, also make use of supplements like whey and multivitamins

Just dont 1 rep max and your good

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel
Not if you're in calorie, protein and calcium surplus.

• +1
Reactions: butterworld
It doesn't no proof of it. Odds are if your lifting and eating enough protein to recover you would grow more. I never realized how important protein was till I started lifting just the difference of eating more protein you recover much quicker.

Only situation to worry is if you are squat maxxing a ton of weight. Don't be trying to be a power lifter at 16. But with squats as long as its not overdone and you do a lot of reps with good form no one rep maxxes then there is zero risk.

Every 14+ person should try to lift 3-4 times per week and do some running too. Just remember to use proper form and don't go for one rep maxxes try and do 12 reps per set if you can't do that then drop the weight lower.

Tldr: do more rep intensive exercises and go easy on squats till 24 don't be doing insane weight like 500 better to do a ton of reps then hurt yourself

just dont lift super heavy and ur fine

especially compound lifts

Yeah, it kinda off stunts your growth because your body will use part of the resources that would be used to make you taller, like testosterone, hgh/igf-1 and macronutrients like protein to repair your muscles,, if i were you i'd just eatmaxxing(eat all the macro-nutrients necessary per day) and cardio exercises like jumping jacks and walks.
are you retarded

hmm idk, each micro-gram of muscle that your body built with those resources/hormones, could've been used in a micro-gram of bone, idk
Nth to back it up. Plus you do know weights affect ur bones right. Your logic falls flat and would also make jumping pointless because you pressure the calf muscles, when it's both the muscles and bone being stimulated.
Ofc this is taking into account of intensity which you don't seem to grasp.

It doesn't no proof of it. Odds are if your lifting and eating enough protein to recover you would grow more. I never realized how important protein was till I started lifting just the difference of eating more protein you recover much quicker.

Only situation to worry is if you are squat maxxing a ton of weight. Don't be trying to be a power lifter at 16. But with squats as long as its not overdone and you do a lot of reps with good form no one rep maxxes then there is zero risk.

Every 14+ person should try to lift 3-4 times per week and do some running too. Just remember to use proper form and don't go for one rep maxxes try and do 12 reps per set if you can't do that then drop the weight lower.

Tldr: do more rep intensive exercises and go easy on squats till 24 don't be doing insane weight like 500 better to do a ton of reps then hurt yourself
Would sth like close to highest weight i can handle and 3 sets to failure help or should I stick with low manageable weight to fit the 12 reps

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
spinal compression and tension isn't the greatest when growing so avoid deadlifts and squats and heavy asf movmenet

This. Heavy squats and deadlifts should be avoided at young ages. Do leg presses instead.

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel
Also OP good plan would be
Morning evening stretches
Meditation
Cold showers
Gym 4 times a week
2 days cardio (of your choice but recommend swimming, sprints, some sport and combat sport)
Caloric surplus no junk food or minimal
Hgh/mk
AI
Prettyboy has a BOTB on this and I'm following that but replacing spinal pressure movements with other ones

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29078
Also OP good plan would be
Morning evening stretches
Meditation
Cold showers
Gym 4 times a week
2 days cardio (of your choice but recommend swimming, sprints, some sport and combat sport)
Caloric surplus no junk food or minimal
Hgh/mk
AI
Prettyboy has a BOTB on this and I'm following that but replacing spinal pressure movements with other ones
Prolly gonna follow this. If i dont hit 180cm by the end of the year im gonna go on the mk/AI route

Prolly gonna follow this. If i dont hit 180cm by the end of the year im gonna go on the mk/AI route
Make sure ur hitting upper tolerable of micronutrients(vitamins and minerals) and Amino acids

I'll see about pm'ing foods to eat but cost will vary country to country though u can use Prettyboy's thread on cheap foods as well.

I'd highly recommend eating bones and egg shells as well but only if you can palate it

Make sure ur hitting upper tolerable of micronutrients(vitamins and minerals) and Amino acids

I'll see about pm'ing foods to eat but cost will vary country to country though u can use Prettyboy's thread on cheap foods as well.

I'd highly recommend eating bones and egg shells as well but only if you can palate it
yeah i eat eggshells occasionally but i dunno about eating bones
Could pls u pm me the foods (i live in Australia btw)
cheers for the help

Would sth like close to highest weight i can handle and 3 sets to failure help or should I stick with low manageable weight to fit the 12 reps
Doesn't have to be exact but I would say try to do 12 reps for your first 2 sets then do the 3rd or 4th to failure.

What I do is usually try to go till failure by the 3rd set then the 4th one I lower the weight and just do as many till I literally cannot do it

• +1
Reactions: Lucid
are you retarded
Wdym by that? How i am retarded? Was my explanation not clear enough or you couldn't understand such obvious things? I'll explain again then, lets say for example that your body produces 100mg(using mg just for the example) of HGH per day, every microgram will be used by the body without waste, let's say that your body will use 90mg of these HGH to make you grow taller and the rest for the body maintenance. But when your muscles are damaged/tired, your body will prioritizes your muscles repair over height/bone growth, so it'll take a bigger slice of those 100mg of HGH to repair your muscles, this means less HGH for your height growth, i know that this happening once in a while won't make a difference in his final height, but for a teenager that will be hitting gym almost every single day, every single day training his muscles till muscular failure, this means that every single night, a great slice of his HGH production would be used for his muscle repair/growth, thus affecting his height growth in the long run. It won't make much difference if he consumes 80mg or 200mg of protein or even 4000 thousands calories per day, there is still a limit dictated by genetics for how much HGH our body produces per day. Unless he injects HGH, it's virtually impossible to get jacked/big during adolescence/puberty without affecting his final adult height.

Nth to back it up. Plus you do know weights affect ur bones right. Your logic falls flat and would also make jumping pointless because you pressure the calf muscles, when it's both the muscles and bone being stimulated.
Ofc this is taking into account of intensity which you don't seem to grasp.
As for the jumping jacks/walking, it's just to make sure that his body stays fit even if he's consuming 3000~4000 calories per day and it'll also help strengthening his bones, after all, an active teenager is better than a sedentary one. It'll also increase his testosterone levels by avoiding fat accumulation and the estrogen produced by the fat cells

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: looksmidder
Wdym by that? How i am retarded? Was my explanation not clear enough or you couldn't understand such obvious things? I'll explain again then, lets say for example that your body produces 100mg(using mg just for the example) of HGH per day, every microgram will be used by the body without waste, let's say that your body will use 90mg of these HGH to make you grow taller and the rest for the body maintenance. But when your muscles are damaged/tired, your body will prioritizes your muscles repair over height/bone growth, so it'll take a bigger slice of those 100mg of HGH to repair your muscles, this means less HGH for your height growth, i know that this happening once in a while won't make a difference in his final height, but for a teenager that will be hitting gym almost every single day, every single day training his muscles till muscular failure, this means that every single night, a great slice of his HGH production would be used for his muscle repair/growth, thus affecting his height growth in the long run. It won't make much difference if he consumes 80mg or 200mg of protein or even 4000 thousands calories per day, there is still a limit dictated by genetics for how much HGH our body produces per day. Unless he injects HGH, it's virtually impossible to get jacked/big during adolescence/puberty without affecting his final adult height.

As for the jumping jacks/walking, it's just to make sure that his body stays fit even if he's consuming 3000~4000 calories per day and it'll also help strengthening his bones, after all, an active teenager is better than a sedentary one. It'll also increase his testosterone levels by avoiding fat accumulation and the estrogen produced by the fat cells
This is retarded on so many levels. The hormones your body produces don't 'split' itself like you think. They circulate. Hormones don't bind to your cells like that. Muscle helps your bones grow. Your blood flows better. Lifting weights is better than just doing jumping jacks and running. Mfer is crazy

Last edited:
This is retarded on so many levels. The hormones your body produces don't 'split' itself like you think. They circulate. Hormones don't bind to your cells like that. Mfer is crazy
I know hormones literally circulate through our bloodstream and connect to receptors whether in muscles or bones at random, also you're underestimating jumping jacks and running, that's like saying push-ups and sit-ups don't help at all, and I still think it is not recommended for a growing teenager to be lifting weights, cardio exercises and a good diet would be enough for heightmaxx, unless if he's planning to do a good bulking while lifting, it wouldn't affect his height at all, the problem would be if he tried to do a severe cutting after the bulking.

Last edited:
I still think it is not recommended for a growing teenager to be lifting weights

don't listen to the nigger above me op, i just can't picture in my mind a teenager that has been lifting heavy weights and training everyday to failure his whole puberty, managing to grow to 6'3+, all the tall guys that i know/saw were lanklets or just lean. Stick to proteinmaxxing like 120mg+ per day and also take multivitamins, also whats your age btw? If you're 16+ you can get a part-time(it'll be worth asf even if it's a shit job, because height is life) job to save to buy HGH when you're 18, HGH is the real deal, it'll give you at least one or two inches even at 18 years old

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Splinter901
don't listen to the nigger above me op, i just can't picture in my mind a teenager that has been lifting heavy weights and training everyday to failure his whole puberty, managing to grow to 6'3+, all the tall guys that i know/saw were lanklets or just lean. Stick to proteinmaxxing like 120mg+ per day and also take multivitamins, also whats your age btw? If you're 16+ you can get a part-time(it'll be worth asf even if it's a shit job, because height is life) job to save to buy HGH when you're 18, HGH is the real deal, it'll give you at least one or two inches even at 18 years old
im 15 i already can buy hgh now cus i have part time