I've had so many good ideas the past few days, my mind has been racing.

D

Deleted member 32486

Kraken
I've been thinking many thoughts, I built an electromechanical sculpture, I've been messing with motors. I have a really cool idea that has never been done before involving strings and motors. Weed-whacker config. I have monday-friday off this week, I am going to be busy with this stuff, I will be making lots of stuff. I've entered a mania. I've been messing with my guitar with a motor and a nylon string on the motor weed-whacker hurdy-gurdy style, I'm restless. Work has been going by quickly though. My mood has been incredibly elevated ever since I made that sculpture, I'm on an upward spiral.

• +1
Reactions: GabachoCopium, _MVP_, Deleted member 21863 and 2 others
@_MVP_ Things have become easy. I had a lot of these manic episodes (not in a bipolar sense, they're a good thing, no doubt) in high school, and I'd build all sorts of lutes and synthesizers rapidly.

• +1
Reactions: _MVP_
iu

• Love it
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: _MVP_, LampPostPrime, Deleted member 21863 and 1 other person

Fruits of last night. I just have another 9 hours of work tomorrow then 5 days of freedom.

• +1
Reactions: Lookologist003
Weird how the human mind does that and at other times wants to blow itself in pieces

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 32486
I work with incel low volts. 5v and 9v typically.
I will be installing a new 12V Inverter/Charger Lithium battery system in my camper van in the next couple of weeks. Tomorrow I am mounting 400 Watts of Solar Panels on the roof, and placing the two 12V fans.

• Love it

This is kind of a very retarded drawing but this iswhat I was thinking about at work. I want to make a clicker percussive rattling thing with two VU meters with piezos on them, one that makes more rattling noises will be the "snare" and the tighter sounding one will play a hihat like role. Every quarter note the hihat one would switch to playing a different division, stutter effect.
The idea I had for the thing with motors was 8 strings in a circular formation around the motor with the rogue whacker. The motor spins and excites all the strings. Each string has a piezo pickup connected to a speaker driver through a photoresistor. The photoresistors are coupled with LEDs being driven by random oscillators. The resulting sound is almost glitchy, but still organic, because the piezos will have some audio bleed from the strings not being fully acoustically isolated, and the photoresistors are slightly slow to react to light, so there would be no clicks and pops from the sounds cutting in and out. It would be an ambient thing.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21863
Fruits

- shows piece of garbage and scrap metal
You don't know what the hell you're seeing. It's two analog VU meters taken from 90's portable cassette machines. I can apply voltage to the meter and the little pointer inside will fly and hit against the wall, the things with the wires sticking out on top are piezo pickups, they pick up the vibration which I can then send to a speaker to amplify. Here is a video of it in action:

Builda a sculpture of @Lebgfinal with glowing eyes and gray skin as a halloween decoration

• Love it

guitar with weedwhacker hurdy-gurdy esque sustainer. Couldn't find anything like this looking up stuff. I'm probably not the first to do it, but I don't think any commercial products like this exist.

Builda a sculpture of @Lebgfinal with glowing eyes and gray skin as a halloween decoration
I already did this, wise guy.

I already did this, wise guy.
a lifesized doll of him like that would go crazy

• Love it
You don't know what the hell you're seeing. It's two analog VU meters taken from 90's portable cassette machines. I can apply voltage to the meter and the little pointer inside will fly and hit against the wall, the things with the wires sticking out on top are piezo pickups, they pick up the vibration which I can then send to a speaker to amplify. Here is a video of it in action:

Are you trying to put me on edge? Sounds like auditory rape.

• Hmm...
The idea I had for the thing with motors was 8 strings in a circular formation around the motor with the rogue whacker. The motor spins and excites all the strings. Each string has a piezo pickup connected to a speaker driver through a photoresistor. The photoresistors are coupled with LEDs being driven by random oscillators. The resulting sound is almost glitchy, but still organic, because the piezos will have some audio bleed from the strings not being fully acoustically isolated, and the photoresistors are slightly slow to react to light, so there would be no clicks and pops from the sounds cutting in and out. It would be an ambient thing.
Huh, I texted my friend about this and he drew a layout to confirm he understood. This is precisely what I meant, for any VISUAL LEARNERS.

@Eriot Lodger you seem to be taking a very close-minded approach to my thread and I don't quite like it.

@Eriot Lodger you seem to be taking a very close-minded approach to my thread and I don't quite like it.
Well why are you replying to yourself?
Huh, I texted my friend about this and he drew a layout to confirm he understood. This is precisely what I meant, for any VISUAL LEARNERS.
View attachment 2491952
Just seems incredibly daft. Dunno why I should take interest in this level of schizoposting when we already have truckloads of them here already.

Well why are you replying to yourself?
I self-suck my cock.
Just seems incredibly daft. Dunno why I should take interest in this level of schizoposting when we already have truckloads of them here already.
It isn't "schizoposting", I'm not schizophrenic in the slightest, I don't know why people accuse me of this, I have no family history of schizophrenia, and no symptoms of it. I am autistic, that's it.

Did you check the autismometer?

• +1
Did you check the autismometer?
View attachment 2491965
I am autistic, the mechanism for this is exactly what the VU meters I am using have. I don't quite know the physics side but it's an electromagnet, and when you power it, the thingy moves, it makes a little boing rattle sound and I amplify it via piezo and lm386 to more audible volume levels out of a speaker.

I am autistic, the mechanism for this is exactly what the VU meters I am using have. I don't quite know the physics side but it's an electromagnet, and when you power it, the thingy moves, it makes a little boing rattle sound and I amplify it via piezo and lm386 to more audible volume levels out of a speaker.
Why?

• +1
Why you do it? Like, what's the point/end goal.
I like making things that make sound. I make lutes, synthesizers, now I'm doing electromechanical hybrid sculptures/instruments. I like strange sounds, I like having complete control over something but also creating something to my specification that is uncontrollable and unpredictable in a way I want it to be. I like sounds most people don't like, but I also like typically beautiful sounds, generally.

here is a sculpture I made a few days ago.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
I like making things that make sound. I make lutes, synthesizers, now I'm doing electromechanical hybrid sculptures/instruments. I like strange sounds, I like having complete control over something but also creating something to my specification that is uncontrollable and unpredictable in a way I want it to be. I like sounds most people don't like, but I also like typically beautiful sounds, generally.

here is a sculpture I made a few days ago.

Can you make one of an Irishman/woman being groped in their underpants, making them squeal "hiyaaa!" like a true Irish gnome?

• +1
Can you make one of an Irishman/woman being groped in their underpants, making them squeal "hiyaaa!" like a true Irish gnome?
I was thinking of making some sort of absurd mechanical sculpture of judge and jury's maxilla being brought forward to correct his overbite via printouts, like my lebgfinal halloween decoration, but I thought it'd be too much work. Squealing sounds are difficult. A few days ago I was pressing a woofer with a square wave oscillator coming out against the head of a djembe I got in my childhood and it was working as a formant filter... It almost sounded like a voice, but not quite. I'd probably have to use a digital sample for that. Sorry, can't.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22124
@_MVP_

• +1
Reactions: _MVP_
Yo respect man.

• Love it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back