I’ve spent over 60 hours fiddling with Assembly and NASM

DarkTetrad

DarkTetrad

I am above law enforcement
And I’ve finally successfully executed Hello World using Assembly. I’ve broken the barrier into the assembly world. I’m one step closer to mastering machines.

it took you 60 hours for a fucking Hello World? lol
also do you know C

• +1
Reactions: jojoyou
And I’ve finally successfully executed Hello World using Assembly. I’ve broken the barrier into the assembly world. I’m one step closer to mastering machines.

Imagine the original Roller Coaster Tycoon was written in Assembly, a giga complex game for its time.. by ONE person...

I always saw that guy as a god. Assembly is such a convoluted language.

Why are you bothering with Assembly now?

• +1
Reactions: jojoyou
Imagine the original Roller Coaster Tycoon was written in Assembly, a giga complex game for its time.. by ONE person...

assembly is essential for reverse engineering.

• Hmm...
Reactions: Deleted member 22623

we still use it for chips

• +1
assembly is giga based to crack games

it took you 60 hours for a fucking Hello World? lol
also do you know C
I kept running into errors and obstacles, I eventually had to just download Linux. Windows wouldn’t execute my assembled code.

My best language is Java. I also know a little Python and C. I can read C, I’m aware of the stack, heap, RAM, memory locations, registers, digital circuitry (ALUs, logic gates, Adders, Multiplexers, transistors, etc.) how to read hex, binary, octal, decimal, program flow etc.

I’m also aware of the existence of Drivers, microcontrollers, and how it all interacts with the OS and hardware.

I’m trying to legit learn everything. Programming in C, Java, Python is a lot more straight forward, you download the compiler and IDE and you’re set. But assembly isn’t as straight forward, at least not on windows. On Linux it’s much easier.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Crusile and jojoyou
assembly is essential for reverse engineering.
This. Every other language is abstracted away from the machine. To be a “pro hecker” you have to know assembly, and to be able to read the Hex/binary behind it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 26633

It’s necessary to truly understand machines.

reverse engineering is impossible

chad virtualizes all of his functions in less than 10 seconds using vmprotect/themida while incel spends weeks rotting on ida pro trying to deconstruct a fuckton of obscure opcodes

Itsover

• +1
Reactions: Dietsnasta
reverse engineering is impossible

chad virtualizes all of his functions in less than 10 seconds using vmprotect/themida while incel spends weeks rotting on ida pro trying to deconstruct a fuckton of obscure opcodes

View attachment 2122432
Virtualizing a function can make it more difficult to reverse engineer, but it does not make it impossible. Reverse engineering refers to the process of analyzing software or hardware to understand how it works or to extract sensitive information. Virtualization can add an extra layer of complexity and obscurity to the function, which can deter or slow down reverse engineering efforts.

Virtualization can make it more difficult to reverse engineer a function in a few ways. First, virtualization can obscure the underlying architecture and operating system on which the function runs, making it more difficult to identify vulnerabilities or exploit weaknesses in the code. Second, virtualization can introduce additional layers of encryption or obfuscation, making it more difficult to extract sensitive information from the function. Finally, virtualization can make it more difficult to extract the code or data from the function, as it may be spread across multiple virtual machines or encrypted data stores.

However, it is important to note that virtualization is not a foolproof method for preventing reverse engineering. Skilled reverse engineers can often overcome virtualization by using sophisticated tools and techniques to analyze the function at a lower level, or by exploiting vulnerabilities in the virtualization software itself. As with any security measure, virtualization should be used as part of a broader security strategy that includes multiple layers of protection and proactive monitoring for potential threats.

Yeah seid is a fucking legend for making that game in that era single handedly.

• +1
I kept running into errors and obstacles, I eventually had to just download Linux. Windows wouldn’t execute my assembled code.

My best language is Java. I also know a little Python and C. I can read C, I’m aware of the stack, heap, RAM, memory locations, registers, digital circuitry (ALUs, logic gates, Adders, Multiplexers, transistors, etc.) how to read hex, binary, octal, decimal, program flow etc.

I’m also aware of the existence of Drivers, microcontrollers, and how it all interacts with the OS and hardware.

I’m trying to legit learn everything. Programming in C, Java, Python is a lot more straight forward, you download the compiler and IDE and you’re set. But assembly isn’t as straight forward, at least not on windows. On Linux it’s much easier.
Did you ever dwell into machine learning,AI,cloud computing etc?

Am impressed by your intellect.
First real genius ive seen on this forum

• +1
Reactions: DarkTetrad