suicide3011

suicide3011

Bronze
Worked hard for my SATs grinded hard and now I’m on my way to Harvard

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: justinzayn, RopeMaxxed, Sexually Disabled and 8 others
I will earn $200k selling things on eBay this year working 1 hour a day while living with my parents and saving every penny.

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: justinzayn, midlatinocel, aspiringexcel and 7 others
Tales from the slums of dharavi

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: justinzayn, MentalistKebab, aspiringexcel and 1 other person
Tales from the slums of dharavi
6504763D 6CC3 4A78 A67C 6290C4F4DFA8

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: NodiN, ExtraBones, justinzayn and 26 others
  • +1
Reactions: horsefacin and Deleted member 18879
Congrats, never forget that you only got in due to genetics (IQ and grit).

• JFL
Reactions: 5.5psl
Congratulations

congratulations
i'll see u at kirkland

• JFL
Reactions: midlatinocel and Deleted member 23564
I will earn $200k selling things on eBay this year working 1 hour a day while living with my parents and saving every penny.
Can you make a thread on how?

Can you make a thread on how?

Yeah I guess. The thing is I'm not gonna say what I sell, and that's a large part of it, but I'm open to answering anything else. Although you can pretty much sell anything, but you might not be as successful in certain niches. I made like $1000 selling a purse just cause I heard some girl say something about a Fendi purse, so I was like "Hmm, I wonder if I could flip one of those." Knew nothing about purses before that.

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel and IndianMewingChad69
Yeah I guess. The thing is I'm not gonna say what I sell, and that's a large part of it, but I'm open to answering anything else. Although you can pretty much sell anything, but you might not be as successful in certain niches. I made like $1000 selling a purse just cause I heard some girl say something about a Fendi purse, so I was like "Hmm, I wonder if I could flip one of those." Knew nothing about purses before that.

View attachment 2142525
Do you buy the products off of ebay then resell them on ebay after you clean them or how do you do it?
I’m in college and trying to do something similiar

Do you buy the products off of ebay then resell them on ebay after you clean them or how do you do it?
I’m in college and trying to do something similiar
I have done that, but that's not the main thing that I do. I mainly buy stuff from online auction sites, of which there are many. But you could definitely do that because I'm constantly seeing stuff that sells for significantly less than it should and I feel like messaging the seller "Way to go, fuck face. Didn't you see the one that sold for $7000, and you just sold yours for $500?" It pisses me off because it devalues the items. But, yeah, if you were going to do that you'd want to look for relatively obscure, high value shit, that is also not in high demand that people put up for auction. Auctions on ebay almost always result in things selling for less than they would have gotten "Buy It Now."

I used to buy guitars from guitar center, musicgoround, craigslist, local shops, and either fix em up or clean them up or part them out. I've bought some camera lenses. Women's fashion would be a good thing to get into.

A lot of other people go around to estate sales and thrift stores.

• +1
Reactions: midlatinocel

View attachment 2142525
mirin howd u learn this? gonna try

Congrats rkid

mirin howd u learn this? gonna try
You just learn as you go. Actually listing and selling stuff on ebay is trivial. Just understand how to search ebay sold listings and sort by highest price to figure out how much stuff is worth. It takes a while to feel it all out, like whether or not you can ignore certain sold results, how long to leave something up for sale before lowering the price, etc.

I've purchased books and gone and researched old auction catalogs at the library. Other places you can research sold prices: liveauctioneers.com, barnebys.com, google images, auction house websites. It depends what you want to get into. I'd recommend going to estate sales at first. Just look at whatever strikes your interest and see if you can sell it.

It's a process, you know. Just treat it as a hobby at first, and don't be a lazy shit. All the reasons people give for why you can't do something are why people don't do shit, but they're ultimately no big deal. "Oh, if I buy this from Europe I'll have to pay shipping and worry about customs!" So what? All that matters is making money. If you can make money then none of the details matter. "Oh, if you flip cars then you can only sell so many before you have to get your dealers license!" So what? Get your dealers license. Why are you letting that small hurdle keep you from making shit loads of money (assuming you could)? People are always blowing shit out of proportion to keep themselves comfortable and lazy. And the thing is that shit gets easier and easier the more you do it. I've been to Europe twice this year already. I've got it down to a science at this point.

Anyway, I recommend going to estate sales or thrift stores to get started, but ultimately buying online is way better for me, although there was a dude on reddit who said he was making 6 figures just buying bags of costume jewelry from estate sales and yard sales, and he had only been flipping for like a year. r/flipping is okay to look at just to get an idea of what people are selling, but take everything else with a grain of salt. Lots of people complaining about minor problems. If you're good at it then no minor shit matters at all, like returns and the cost of tape. One thing I would advise is focusing on smaller stuff because shipping can eat into your profits.

Never auction anything off on ebay. Always use fixed price. I almost never lower my prices. I've had shit sit for 5 years at the same price and then sell. If I don't need the cash then there's no point in lowering the price.

Also, keep records from the very beginning. Keep track of exactly how much you paid for stuff including shipping and when you sold it and how much you sold it for and all the fees. I don't do this and my taxes are absolutely fucked and I just keep putting it off.

• +1
Reactions: ph4ntom