Lateral raises aren’t needed

Foreverbrad

Foreverbrad

Eat Clen Tren Hard
I always did my lateral raises at the end of my workout so I never noticed this before.

This time I just did them right after overhead press and I only managed 4-5 reps of a weight I can normally rep for 15-20.

Overhead press is enough for side delts. Lateral raise is a meme.

• Ugh..
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: zeshama, Lmao, Sigmamale and 4 others
no one that talks about 'spamming lateral raises' has good delts.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Sigmamale, Constantin Denis, Yerico7 and 2 others
they are the beat side delt exercise especially with cable and good form

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1
You’re wrong

lateral raises are just better

no one does overhead press for side delts

• +1
Reactions: Sigmamale and Yerico7
no one that talks about 'spamming lateral raises' has good delts.
Is that you on your profile picture?

That shoulder to waist is insane

i never do overhead press and only do 8 sets of lateral raises a week and my side delts grow well shit image doesn't upload gonna upload later from my computer

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Overhead press will make you significantly shorter. U can lose up to 1 inch of height after a heavy overhead press session. And dont come up with muh temporary. Even if it was u still need to sleep to recover that lost height

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • WTF
Reactions: marek937, thereallegend, Lmao and 2 others
90% of people can't do propre lateral raises: they cheat with their traps and upper back.

I don't do lateral raises with dumbbells, I use the seated machine.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
I get Big side deltoides only thanks to this exercise

Last edited:
I always did my lateral raises at the end of my workout so I never noticed this before.

This time I just did them right after overhead press and I only managed 4-5 reps of a weight I can normally rep for 15-20.

lateral raises are the best ur just not doing them right
the lateral delt is not an easy muscle to target or even hypertrophy for that matter especially for natties

• +1
Reactions: Lmao, Danish_Retard and Yerico7
I get Big side deltoides only thanks to this exercise

Never do overhead presses
Only do 8 sets of lateral raises a week for side delts

• +1
Reactions: smoothsexy, Danish_Retard, Yerico7 and 2 others

I've heard from a high IQ YouTuber that overhead press is the ultimate shoulder workout and it trains the sides too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2268
Overhead press compresses spine and makes you shorter

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: JohnDoe and andy9432
ohp and weighted chin ups supremecy

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1

Nippard shows this isn’t true

they are the best for side delts, bench, pull ups and lateral raises are all you need for upper body

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7
Overhead press will make you significantly shorter. U can lose up to 1 inch of height after a heavy overhead press session. And dont come up with muh temporary. Even if it was u still need to sleep to recover that lost height
There is no way OHP will permanently shrink you. The millions of men who have been OHPing for years would have noticed themselves shrinking an inch, especially the manlets who pay attention to their height. It might compress your height with heavy weights but by the time you sleep and wake up, your spine should have decompressed and you're back to your normal height. What's the issue in losing height (presumably) on your OHP days? also most people can't even OHP heavy enough for this to have any significant affect. Wouldn't squats have the same effect? you're putting pressure on your spine/body kinda similarly.
Do you agree?

• +1
Reactions: Lmao and GigaAscender
Temporarily until you sleep and wake up back to normal right?
avoid overhead press, deadlifts, weighted squats like the plague

• Ugh..
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Yerico7, JohnDoe and Deleted member 2268
avoid overhead press, deadlifts, weighted squats like the plague
How can it be permanent? if it was, the fitness guys would have said something. Don't you think 5'7 5'6 gym guys who do heavy squats/OHP would notice they've lost an inch? millions of guys doing this and none of them ever say they lost an inch, atleast not permanently for them to notice and complain?
I don't DL or Squat but enjoy OHP... :feelswhy:

How can it be permanent? if it was, the fitness guys would have said something. Don't you think 5'7 5'6 gym guys who do heavy squats/OHP would notice they've lost an inch? millions of guys doing this and none of them ever say they lost an inch, atleast not permanently for them to notice and complain?
I don't DL or Squat but enjoy OHP... :feelswhy:
men who do deadlift, squats and ohp lose height

those who do yoga, basketball and swimming gain height

where do YOU wanna be?

do side and lateral raises
lat pull down
I have home gym so i don't have access to machines. I will do more research on this subject to determine whether the change is permanent or not. So far i am not convinced.

men who do deadlift, squats and ohp lose height

those who do yoga, basketball and swimming gain height

where do YOU wanna be?
It's temporary. Tyler1 5'6 confirmed since he was young, deadlift/squats heavy, he's still 5'6. So is everyone else in similar position. I don't believe it.

• JFL
Reactions: thereallegend
The shoulder muscles don't really work in isolation. Pretty much any press or raise will activate the lateral delts and it doesn't take much to stimulate growth as they are a very small muscle. People really overthink it. What gives them a round look is 1) obviously roiding, and 2) being low enough bodyfat that the triceps and delts are separated. If you have soft flabby arms your delts will never look good.

Lateral raises are the only thing I do besides hanging and biking.

real niggas do klokov press

Single arm cable raises mog lateral

It's temporary. Tyler1 5'6 confirmed since he was young, deadlift/squats heavy, he's still 5'6. So is everyone else in similar position. I don't believe it.
Don’t listen to @thereallegend either he’s trying to prevent you from making gains for some reason or just a complete idiot. None of those exercises will make you shorter and even if they did it would be the same as the way your spine compresses throughout the day from standing. As soon as you sleep, it will decompress

• +1
Reactions: AscendingHero
Cable lateral raises work far better for me then dumbbell lateral raises personally

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel