Low-Dose Alcohol Anti-Aging?

Youㅤ

Youㅤ

seriousmaxxing , only talk serious

A 4.4% extension in mean lifespan is modest alright, but at least there’s a clear improvement in the survival curve, and maximum lifespan was increased.
IMG 8725

Ironically alcohol is a more promising anti-aging supplement than almost any putative anti-aging supplement you could think of. Most “anti-aging” supplements are cope and likely do nothing or even harm you, IMO. I’ll probably start low-dosing alcohol after I do some more research.

I will mention that the mice were overweight, and these results may not apply to calorie restricted mice or healthy weight humans. I’ll also point out that the ethanol group actually consumed more food than the control group, but also seemed to increase energy expenditure.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Eiei, nevermind2 and BrahminBoss
it probably due to compensation for low progesterone and alcohol clear spirit is a good iron chelator,

• +1
Reactions: Youㅤ
People saying alcohol is 100% bad are either coping muslims or straight edge-fags. I have a beer a day and that's completely fine. Hops and malt is very healthy as well. I also have good stable T levels while doing it

• +1
Reactions: Prince88 and Youㅤ
People saying alcohol is 100% bad are either coping muslims or straight edge-fags. I have a beer a day and that's completely fine. Hops and malt is very healthy as well. I also have good stable T levels while doing it
I wish my mom would let me drink a serving a day, she thinks it’s bad even in a small amount

I wish my mom would let me drink a serving a day, she thinks it’s bad even in a small amount
Maybe you could convince her to let you brew your own, that's what I do. It teaches you patience and craftmanship, while also ensuring that you only get healthy, high quality ingredients in your ale. No mass produced piss in a bottle like heineken or shit like that

• +1
Being stress free and being happy does a lot for anti aging, but it is also true that alcohol consumption ages the shit out of you.
People who drink a lot of alcohol, ON AVERAGE, tend to either be miserable or suffer massive health issues => shorter lifespan
People who drink no alcohol at all, ON AVERAGE, tend to find it harder to relax and be social => shorter lifespan

The data you gave us may point to the fact that if you consume just enough alcohol to relax and be social you can avoid the worst parts of being a drinker without missing out on the stress-reducing part of drinking with other people. In other words it's not alcohol per se that makes your life longer, but rather the social aspect of drinking alcohol.

If our society could find a healthier alternative to be social rather than actually poisoning ourselves for fun, we could reap even bigger lifespan gains.

• WTF
In other words it's not alcohol per se that makes your life longer, but rather the social aspect of drinking alcohol.
Not what this rodent study suggests. I don’t see any reason to believe that the alcohol improved the mice’s social lives.

Not what this rodent study suggests. I don’t see any reason to believe that the alcohol improved the mice’s social lives.
Im putting this in context with studies on human longevity not mice

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
am I a mice?

Nothing better than a dozen brewski's and NFL on a Sunday