Monogamy may have been selected by cultural evolution because of its benefits for society

chadmanlet04

chadmanlet04

Kraken
Henrich et al. (2012) suggested cultural evolution may have selected monogamy because of its beneficial effects.

• Monogamy suppresses intrasexual competition and reduces the number of unmarried men, thereby reduces crime rates, including rape, murder, assault, robbery and fraud.
  • By shifting male efforts from seeking wives to paternal investment, normative monogamy increases savings, child investment and economic productivity.
  • By increasing the relatedness within households, monogamy reduces intra-household conflict, leading to lower rates of child neglect, abuse, accidental death and homicide.
Koos et al. (2019) found concrete evidence in African polygynous groups where unmarried men felt being treated more unequally and were readier to use violence in comparison to men belonging to monogamous groups. Strong pair-bonding between males and females is thought to be accompanied by a dramatic reduction in the male-to-male conflict over mating and an increased investment in offspring (Gavrilets, 2012). In a cross-cultural study of correlates of crimes in 44 nonliterate societies (a people or culture without a written language), monogamous societies had substantially lower rates of theft (r = -.58) and personal crime (r = -.44) than polygynous ones. Another study found, men who transition to a monogamous, or less competitive, mode of sexual behavior reduce their risk of violence. Impressing and pleasing women, not just acquiring livestock, provide a strong incentive to participate in raids and changes in sexual behavior were shown to be more consistent and stronger in predicting violence than marriage and employment (Competition–Violence Hypothesis, Seffrin 2017). Moreover, societies at war, polygynous societies, and nonstratified societies (where power is relatively decentralized) have costlier, more dysphoric [unpleasant] male rituals and rites of passage, which may be a measure of aggressive male intrasexual competition (Sosis et al., 2007). Interestingly, monogamists men have proven to have a higher IQ than non-monogamous men in a study by Kanazawa (2009).

We need to roll back sexual revolution and feminism. Utter cancer for this world.

• +1
Reactions: romanstock
Monogamy primarily benefits men. Most men are beta and/or otherwise unattractive and would end up sexless and an incel if not for state and/or culturally enforced monogamy. Monogamy allows these men to compensate for their shortcomings by being beta buxxers and in turn they’re rewarded with bi-annual starfish sex and spawn of their own.

Polygyny is the natural state of humanity. Few top tier men with harems of females.

• +1
Reactions: romanstock, chadmanlet04 and Tabula Rasa
Monogamy primarily benefits men. Most men are beta and/or otherwise unattractive and would end up sexless and an incel if not for state and/or culturally enforced monogamy. Monogamy allows these men to compensate for their shortcomings by being beta buxxers and in turn they’re rewarded with bi-annual starfish sex and spawn of their own.

Polygyny is the natural state of humanity. Few top tier men with harems of females.
Just because its natural does not mean its healthy or optimal.

If we stuck with Polygyny, we would have not fare far in terms of development.

Civilization was built because men needed to impress women to mate by building bridges, designing farms and optimizing living conditions for safety and stability. If pussy was handed out for no effort, then we would still be in the stone age.

• +1
Reactions: romanstock
Liberated sexuality: When women have their own income or receive welfare, they cease to depend on men. But since most women are hypergamous and want to be won over by a male more wealthy and dominant than themselves, women tend to stay single and be disinterested in sex. With the lack of sexual incentives, men are less motivated to compete in pro-social achievements. And even women feel unfulfilled having never attracted a dominant man as there are few such men left. In short, the rewards flow directly to women, instead of via men where an exchange of men's resources vs women's orgasms could take place.

Sublimated sexuality: When women depend on men's resources in turn, all men have strong incentives to compete for getting laid. Women reward men's investment by handing out sex, and women themselves feel good about themselves having done a good job attracting a valuable mate and being good wife etc. With suppressed promiscuity and premarital sex, the price of sex is high, so highly desirable and promiscuous men also cannot get sex for free without doing something prosocial like taking care of the family, and are hence encouraged to do so.

JFL @ hypergamy copers.

you sound like an Uncle Tom defending slavery. You think you'd benefit from such a system? That you'd be one of the top tier men? Also aren't you supposed to be a Christian?

• JFL
Reactions: chadmanlet04
you sound like an Uncle Tom defending slavery. You think you'd benefit from such a system? That you'd be one of the top tier men? Also aren't you supposed to be a Christian?
I would not benefit from a polygyny system as I dont have much going for me aside from 6’2.5” master race. I also do not benefit from a monogamous system because I refuse to accept it. There is not a chance in this world that I will ever accept being a beta buxxer even if it means that I die alone with no kids.

As far as Christianity goes, my thoughts are in line with Christianity. It’s a religion that at its core believes that humans are a fallen people and are deeply sinful. We are prone to animalistic behavior (polygyny) if we do not otherwise live in a society that mandates and enforces monogamy. We are evil animals

Users who are viewing this thread

Back