Most nutritious foods to eat if you are short on money

This short guide is meant for dudes who are struggling with money, either because of living in a poor area, inflation, still living with parents or for whatever other reason.

empty-wallet-crisis-concept-13271067.jpg

1. Eggs
Eggs are by far the best cheap food to eat. They are meant to carry new life of an offspring, hence they contain a wide array of nutrients in abundance.
  • They are abundant in the highest quality protein - egg's protein content's absorption is the best among natural foods. Only your mother's milk beats it
  • They are abundant in saturated fat - essential for optimal hormone levels and at 9.3 kcals / gram, fats provide the most energy out of the macronutrients
  • They are abundant in cholesterol - essential for high testosterone level

Biosynthesis-of-17b-Testosterone-Cholesterol.png

• They contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals as well, most notably biotin (vitamin B7) but others as well,
For the sake of the example, let's take 20 eggs a day (size M, average weight 58 grams). Where I live (Central Europe) this costs no more than 2.5 US$, yet see all the nutrients 1 160 grams of eggs provide:​
Wqdwqdqqwdzkuzk
43.EGGS_1445x.jpg
1 800 calories, 146 grams of protein, 123 grams of fat and you are already done for the day for half of micronutrients.​
If you are short on money, eggs should make up the base of your diet. Buy in bulk, 30 packs or go to farmer's markets where they are usually cheaper than in grocery stores.​

2. Milk
Preferably whole (3.5% fat content) milk, but if that's too expensive, go for less fatty ones. Milk was originally meant for baby cows to grow into adult cows weighing 500 kilos, it has all nutrients to satiate you. 1 liter of milk here costs no more than 0.7 US$ yet provides:

Fefeefew
Glass-and-bottle-of-milk-fe0997a.jpg
  • 31 grams of high quality protein (mix of whey and caseine)
  • 32 grams of fat for energy
  • 48 grams of simple carbohydrates in the form of lactose (milk sugar) - this amount is enough to keep you anabolic for the day yet low enough to keep you lean
  • Truckload of calcium
UHT treated milk is usually cheaper than fresh, buy in bulk to save money.​

3. Ground meat
Preferably red meat (beef, pork, lamb, goat etc.) but if that's out of your budget then white meat will do too (turkey, chicken). Red meat is better because it's fattier, providing you with more energy. What type of meat the cheapest varies a lot by region, beef is a lot more affordable in North America than in Europe, where pork among with turkey is the cheapest usually.

Raw-ground-beef.jpg

Ground meat is the least economical choice on this list:​
Wqdqdwqwq

Aside from high quality protein and fat, it doesn't really offer anything. You should still eat it from time to time, but this brings us to the 4th point, eat organs instead for most of the time.​
4. Organ meats
Aside from eggs, organs meats should be a staple of your diet. You should forget the modern Western notion that animals are only consumed for their muscle meat. Don't let the rest of the 80% animal go to waste, your ancestors used to eat "nose to tail" - no part was dumped away

Liver
Liver is the best food objectively, out of all foods. Not only it has a great amount of nutrients, it's also one of the cheapest. No more than 100 grams of liver contains all of these:​
Dsvsgg
ShotType1_540x540.jpg
  • All the protein content of regular muscle meat
  • Lots of cholesterol
  • Zinc, iron and copper
  • Stupid amount of vitamin A and even some vitamin C
Not bad for only 0.18 US$. However, there's unfortunately a caveat to liver - you cannot eat it too frequently as it has too much vitamin A, which is a fat soluble vitamin that can build up in fatty tissue over time if consumed in excess. Throw in a small amounts of liver few times a week for lots of cheap nutrients.​
Heart
Chicken, pork, beef etc. heart is a fantastic food, since it's technically a type of muscle meat, but also an organ, which means A) it has many micronutrients on top of protein B) normies will not eat because it's not quite palatable --> dirt cheap​
100 grams of chicken hearts will cost me no more than 0.2 US$ yet provide me with this:​
Qfwefwe
455-2.jpg
Unlike liver, heart doesn't contain fat soluble vitamins so it can be eaten without limitations. Heart is essentially the blackpilled version of normie muscle meat (like chicken breasts). If you cannot afford ground meat, just substitute it with heart.​
Kidney
Kidneys are perhaps the cheapest type of meat at 0.12 US$ / 100 grams:​
Wqdqwdqfeqg
ShotType1_540x540.jpg
But unfortunately rightfully so, as no matter how well you prepare them, they will always have at least some amount of... well yes... left over. I recommend them as a resort if you are really short on money and cannot get better​
Other organs
I only made seperate paragraphs for liver, heart and kidney, because from my knowledge these are the ones that can be bought in most places, widely avaible. But as I have mentioned the "nose to tail" principle, many other organs you can get your hands on are also fantastic and usually dirt cheap because once again, normies don't eat organs.​
  • spleen
    117_original.jpeg

• tripe
    sdxfhcgvjhkbjlnk.png

• tongue
    pickled-beef-tongue.jpg

• Head cheese
    Hering_disznosajt-500x375w.jpg

• brain
    ShotType1_540x540.jpg
  • testicles
    kep.php

• lungs
    depositphotos_64376423-stock-photo-pig-lung-on-white.jpg
  • bones - to make collagen rich bone broth
    AdobeStock_234082065.jpeg

etc., whatever is avaible at your local place

Example - a cheap yet nutritious day

Qffwegw

220 grams of protein, 2 500 calories, these should be more than enough for the majority of the populance for less than 3$​
Wgrgrger
Now prices differ in places, but in general these foods are cheap in most parts.​
Some notes about nutrients:​
  • this cheap diet will lead to an unbalanced omega 3 : 6 ratio. Fatty fish (mackerel, herring) and cod liver are the best sources of omega 3, those are more expensive usually but you should still put them into your diet whenever you can
  • vitamin K: I used Chronometer to make this and that website works shitty when it comes to vitamin K; animals foods are abundant in vitamin K2 but the website doesn't lists it usually, so don't be scared
  • magnesium: you can get the rest of the needed amount from either tap water, mineral water or dirt cheap magnesium tablets
  • manganese: I wrote about it in my nutrition guide, copied from there
    2882983 gerge

Tl;dr the RDA for manganese is very likely set too high for reality
  • vitamin C: the less carbohydrates you consume, the less your vitamin C need. This cheap carnivore diet only has a little amount of carbs, which will not compete with ascorbic acid, read more about it in Vitamins/Water soluble vitamins/Vitamin C:
    https://looksmax.org/threads/a-comprehensive-guide-to-essential-nutrients.499467/

As you can see it's a short list, yet these foods cover all your nutritional needs

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
  • Ugh..
Reactions: kiyopon, ASM5, mxrcyy0 and 118 others
This short guide is meant for dudes who are struggling with money, either because of living in a poor area, inflation, still living with parents or for whatever other reason.

1. Eggs
Eggs are by far the best cheap food to eat. They are meant to carry new life of an offspring, hence they contain a wide array of nutrients in abundance.
  • They are abundant in the highest quality protein - egg's protein content's absorption is the best among natural foods. Only your mother's milk beats it
  • They are abundant in saturated fat - essential for optimal hormone levels and at 9.3 kcals / gram, fats provide the most energy out of the macronutrients

• They contain a wide range of vitamins and minerals as well, most notably biotin (vitamin B7) but others as well,
For the sake of the example, let's take 20 eggs a day (size M, average weight 58 grams). Where I live (Central Europe) this costs no more than 2.5 US$, yet see all the nutrients 1 160 grams of eggs provide:​
1 800 calories, 146 grams of protein, 123 grams of fat and you are already done for the day for half of micronutrients.​
If you are short on money, eggs should make up the base of your diet. Buy in bulk, 30 packs or go to farmer's markets where they are usually cheaper than in grocery stores.​

2. Milk
Preferably whole (3.5% fat content) milk, but if that's too expensive, go for less fatty ones. Milk was originally meant for baby cows to grow into adult cows weighing 500 kilos, it has all nutrients to satiate you. 1 liter of milk here costs no more than 0.7 US$ yet provides:

• 48 grams of simple carbohydrates in the form of lactose (milk sugar) - this amount is enough to keep you anabolic for the day yet low enough to keep you lean
  • Truckload of calcium

3. Ground meat
Preferably red meat (beef, pork, lamb, goat etc.) but if that's out of your budget then white meat will do too (turkey, chicken). Red meat is better because it's fattier, providing you with more energy. What type of meat the cheapest varies a lot by region, beef is a lot more affordable in North America than in Europe, where pork among with turkey is the cheapest usually.

Raw-ground-beef.jpg

Aside from high quality protein and fat, it doesn't really offer anything. You should still eat it from time to time, but this brings us to the 4th point, eat organs instead for most of the time.​
4. Organ meats
Aside from eggs, organs meats should be a staple of your diet. You should forget the modern Western notion that animals are only consumed for their muscle meat. Don't let the rest of the 80% animal go to waste, your ancestors used to eat "nose to tail" - no part was dumped away

Liver
Liver is the best food objectively, out of all foods. Not only it has a great amount of nutrients, it's also one of the cheapest. No more than 100 grams of liver contains all of these:​
  • Lots of cholesterol
  • Zinc, iron and copper
Not bad for only 0.18 US$. However, there's unfortunately a caveat to liver - you cannot eat it too frequently as it has too much vitamin A, which is a fat soluble vitamin that can build up in fatty tissue over time if consumed in excess. Throw in a small amounts of liver few times a week for lots of cheap nutrients.​
Heart
Chicken, pork, beef etc. heart is a fantastic food, since it's technically a type of muscle meat, but also an organ, which means A) it has many micronutrients on top of protein B) normies will not eat because it's not quite palatable --> dirt cheap​
100 grams of chicken hearts will cost me no more than 0.2 US$ yet provide me with this:​
Unlike liver, heart doesn't contain fat soluble vitamins so it can be eaten without limitations. Heart is essentially the blackpilled version of normie muscle meat (like chicken breasts). If you cannot afford ground meat, just substitute it with heart.​
Kidney
But unfortunately rightfully so, as no matter how well you prepare them, they will always have at least some amount of... well yes... left over. I recommend them as a resort if you are really short on money and cannot get better​
Other organs
I only made seperate paragraphs for liver, heart and kidney, because from my knowledge these are the ones that can be bought in most places, widely avaible. But as I have mentioned the "nose to tail" principle, many other organs you can get your hands on are also fantastic and usually dirt cheap because once again, normies don't eat organs.​
  • spleen
    117_original.jpeg

• tripe
    sdxfhcgvjhkbjlnk.png

• tongue
    pickled-beef-tongue.jpg

• Head cheese

• brain
    ShotType1_540x540.jpg
  • testicles
    kep.php

• lungs

220 grams of protein, 2 500 calories, these should be more than enough for the majority of the populance for less than 3$​
Now prices differ in places, but in general these foods are cheap in most parts.​
  • this cheap diet will lead to an unbalanced omega 3 : 6 ratio. Fatty fish (mackerel, herring) and cod liver are the best sources of omega 3, those are more expensive usually but you should still put them into your diet whenever you can
  • vitamin K: I used Chronometer to make this and that website works shitty when it comes to vitamin K; animals foods are abundant in vitamin K2 but the website doesn't lists it usually, so don't be scared
  • magnesium: you can get the rest of the needed amount from either tap water, mineral water or dirt cheap magnesium tablets
    View attachment 1800817
  • vitamin C: the less carbohydrates you consume, the less your vitamin C need. This cheap carnivore diet only has a little amount of carbs, which will not compete with ascorbic acid, read more about it in Vitamins/Water soluble vitamins/Vitamin C:
    https://looksmax.org/threads/a-comprehensive-guide-to-essential-nutrients.499467/

As you can see it's a short list, yet these foods cover all your nutritional needs

JUST DRINK WATER BRO

@Prettyboy
I found a place near me that sells beef heart at half the price as ground beef, would it be fine if I completely replaced ground beef with heart and ate 200 grams of heart a day?

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy and Deleted member 5815
just eat dirt like her

Fucking tales from Eastern Europe. I used to joke about my grandfather just eating whatever disgusting meal my grandmother would make "if you put a plate full of dirt in front of this guy, he's gonna eat it" and here we go.
One time he told my aunt how he'd survive eating grass back in the day and she went and found the specific grass and boiled it until she made soft "edible" balls out of it. Talk about saving money!

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Acne Victim, Prettyboy and ChristianChad
@Prettyboy
I found a place near me that sells beef heart at half the price as ground beef, would it be fine if I completely replaced ground beef with heart and ate 200 grams of heart a day?
beef heart has more methionine then ground beef. its good every now and then especially if you eat alongside gelatinous soup because it has aminos which counter some other aminos like methionine.

otherwise its pretty good, make sure to tell the butcher to clean it up nicely so its mostly meat and not ligaments/external fat etc.
very cheap. sligthly less zinc and SFA

• +1
Reactions: autistic_tendencies
just eat dirt like her

Fucking tales from Eastern Europe. I used to joke about my grandfather just eating whatever disgusting meal my grandmother would make "if you put a plate full of dirt in front of this guy, he's gonna eat it" and here we go.
One time he told my aunt how he'd survive eating grass back in the day and she went and found the specific grass and boiled it until she made soft "edible" balls out of it. Talk about saving money!
she probably has Pica.

respectable list, incel

Last edited:
@Prettyboy
Heart is a good replacement for ground meat as it’s too muscle meat, you can’t overdose on vitamins by eating a lot of it, unlike with other organs

I don’t often eat beef heart, but chicken heart is a staple for me

Low carb diets suppress T btw.
I've been following a low carb diet for 4 years now and I'm still waiting for that supposed T supression. Will it arrive within a decade?

Sry for necro but where do U get organ meats that cheap in Europe? I eat them but they always still relatively expensive especially liver from the calf as it's a speciality but also the other stuff is atleast like 4€/kg everywhere I went (Not even that so many people buy it they just put high prices ig cause the people who do buy it buy it regardless as long as it's cheaper than muscle meat) and only few places have brain for example

• +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
Sry for necro but where do U get organ meats that cheap in Europe? I eat them but they always still relatively expensive especially liver from the calf as it's a speciality but also the other stuff is atleast like 4€/kg everywhere I went (Not even that so many people buy it they just put high prices ig cause the people who do buy it buy it regardless as long as it's cheaper than muscle meat) and only few places have brain for example
Yeah inflation definitely made this thread not age well, but organs are still relatively cheap to everything else, that hasn’t changed.

Instead of calf, you should go for pork / chicken / turkey liver. If your grocery store doesn’t have, you should find a butcher, you can make orders of organs the next time they butcher an animal. Their meat is also fresher than the ones you’d find in supermarkets, so I recommend getting yourself a butcher, I have had one for a long time and he can get me all kinds of cuts if I place a preorder.

• +1
Reactions: nevermind2

1. Eggs

2. Milk

• Truckload of calcium

3. Ground meat

Raw-ground-beef.jpg

4. Organ meats

Liver
  • Lots of cholesterol
  • Zinc, iron and copper
Heart
Kidney
Other organs
  • spleen
    117_original.jpeg

• tripe
    sdxfhcgvjhkbjlnk.png

• tongue
    pickled-beef-tongue.jpg

• Head cheese

• brain
    ShotType1_540x540.jpg
  • testicles
    kep.php

• lungs

View attachment 1800817

Bone broth is ultra based

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Prettyboy
DNR whole thread but when I was student
Kidney Beans
Kale

• +1
Reactions: Hirekdr
Which website do you use to see the nutritional facts?

Then what to use?
Nothing, all databases are missing huge amounts of data. The concept of perfectly tracking nutrients is retarded. Eat foods that humans would naturally have access to during pre-industrial peroids and that is what will give you nutrition. Grass-fed meats, organs and milk. A smaller amount of carbs (starchy and low in antinutrients) and high fat. There is a huge pollution concern though and I can't get into that, avoiding it is more important than nutrition in of itself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
Nothing, all databases are missing huge amounts of data. The concept of perfectly tracking nutrients is retarded. Eat foods that humans would naturally have access to during pre-industrial peroids and that is what will give you nutrition. Grass-fed meats, organs and milk. A smaller amount of carbs (starchy and low in antinutrients) and high fat. There is a huge pollution concern though and I can't get into that, avoiding it is more important than nutrition in of itself
Raw meat?

Raw meat?
Raw meat is better but unless it's fresh don't eat it like that. Meat (and milk) is more nutritious in it's raw form but you want grass-fed instead regardless. Cooking destroys nutrients and makes the meat digest faster (not a good thing) but when you aren't eating meat in it's natural fresh conditions it can be infected

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21044
Raw meat is better but unless it's fresh don't eat it like that. Meat (and milk) is more nutritious in it's raw form but you want grass-fed instead regardless. Cooking destroys nutrients and makes the meat digest faster (not a good thing) but when you aren't eating meat in it's natural fresh conditions it can be infected
I eat a lot of eggs and some meat but sadly its grain fed

Only good thread in botb.

Yo, you seem to be drinking a lot of milk, i heard some people say its estrogenic, what fo you think about this?

3C0F85EB 12DF 494B 9272 9A83418FDA1E

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss

1. Eggs

2. Milk

• Truckload of calcium

3. Ground meat

Raw-ground-beef.jpg

4. Organ meats

Liver
  • Lots of cholesterol
  • Zinc, iron and copper
Heart
Kidney
Other organs
  • spleen
    117_original.jpeg

• tripe
    sdxfhcgvjhkbjlnk.png

• tongue
    pickled-beef-tongue.jpg

• Head cheese

• brain
    ShotType1_540x540.jpg
  • testicles
    kep.php

• lungs

View attachment 1800817

Good shit I need some more ground beef

Been eating like 12 eggs a day though they're so easy to get down with a but of ketchup 💀

Keto is ass

Eggs,
Good shit I need some more ground beef

Been eating like 12 eggs a day though they're so easy to get down with a but of ketchup 💀

Keto is ass
Eggs are based. I wrap them around in meats and devour them

• Love it
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx
Eggs,
Eggs are based. I wrap them around in meats and devour them
Yummy

I fast everyday until I get home from school then devour 6 eggs and my remaining calories are all meat and maybe a bit of a dark chocolate protein bar thing I make

The carb cravings are almost gone tbh I'm still getting like 25-40grams because this shit is effecting my joints lmao

My knees are popping with every step I gotta take more bone integrity shit

• JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: BrahminBoss and marek937
Im vegan so DNR.

Well i skimmed through it.

If your short on money you better try to make some more money. Only real legit short on money food is probably canned sardines and multigrained breads. Id say the latter is probably more filling.

Eggs is not enough volume when hungry, and milk is just ass and not a food. Specialty organs like those meats are at a premium where i live so its not too much different from going regular shopping.

This seems like a good list for carnivores though. Is opting to hunt your game cheaper overall?
I see veganism made u low iq, eggs are very filling and milk is very nutritious.

Im vegan so DNR.

Well i skimmed through it.

If your short on money you better try to make some more money. Only real legit short on money food is probably canned sardines and multigrained breads. Id say the latter is probably more filling.

Eggs is not enough volume when hungry, and milk is just ass and not a food. Specialty organs like those meats are at a premium where i live so its not too much different from going regular shopping.

This seems like a good list for carnivores though. Is opting to hunt your game cheaper overall?
Ur vegan so I'm not gonna read

• JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss
Yummy

I fast everyday until I get home from school then devour 6 eggs and my remaining calories are all meat and maybe a bit of a dark chocolate protein bar thing I make

The carb cravings are almost gone tbh I'm still getting like 25-40grams because this shit is effecting my joints lmao

My knees are popping with every step I gotta take more bone integrity shit
Basically I do the same. I fast with black coffee until afternoon and when I get home I eat some carrots and green beans, then eggs with meat plus some liver and some fruits for dessert.

• Love it
Basically I do the same. I fast with black coffee until afternoon and when I get home I eat some carrots and green beans, then eggs with meat plus some liver and some fruits for dessert.
Mirin

Do you find carby fruits to bloat you?

My carb intake is so brutal and I don't even mind that much but I can feel it in my joints tbh

Less carbs means less water retnetion means less padding inside of the knees and shit and more empty space

Maybe I just need more water

• Woah
Reactions: marek937
Raw milk doesn't imo
I rarely get raw milk idk tbh

It gives me the shits too and I'm already taking way too many leanmaxxing products and shit to tolerate any more fecal discomfort

• +1
Reactions: Loveland
I rarely get raw milk idk tbh

It gives me the shits too and I'm already taking way too many leanmaxxing products and shit to tolerate any more fecal discomfort
Normal milk was awful for me, raw milk mogs for me literally saves my digestion n shits.

• +1
Mirin

Do you find carby fruits to bloat you?

My carb intake is so brutal and I don't even mind that much but I can feel it in my joints tbh

Less carbs means less water retnetion means less padding inside of the knees and shit and more empty space

Maybe I just need more water
Well I mostly eat apples and bananas and drink like 4-5L of fluids every day. I have like 150-200grams of carb a day and I dont feel that bloated(If I eat less than that my workouts suffer). Back when I used to salt everything I had moon face for sure.

Normal milk was awful for me, raw milk mogs for me literally saves my digestion n shits.
Damn

I prob just need more fiber

• +1
Reactions: Loveland
Well I mostly eat apples and bananas and drink like 4-5L of fluids every day. I have like 150-200grams of carb a day and I dont feel that bloated(If I eat less than that my workouts suffer). Back when I used to salt everything I had moon face for sure
I'm at like 40grams a day max rn

I'm at like 40grams a day max rn
honestly my fiber is low as fk and my shits r good lately since i added raw milk, had rlly bad shits before that as i said. Esp if I eat a few apples + bananas and maybe some bread its even better tho. So i do think lil fiber helps but unecessary

• +1
honestly my fiber is low as fk and my shits r good lately since i added raw milk, had rlly bad shits before that as i said. Esp if I eat a few apples + bananas and maybe some bread its even better tho. So i do think lil fiber helps but unecessary
I need some fruits I'm all meat and eggs rn it's brutal

I'll start adding them in

I need some fruits I'm all meat and eggs rn it's brutal

I'll start adding them in
My diet basically tbh MILK + MEAT + EGGS + FRUIT and sometimes little bread

• JFL
Bookmark worthy. Thanks man

Milk fucks with acne and bloats tbh
Acne is almost always caused by hormonal imbalances. If milks triggers it, the drink itself is likely not the root of the problem

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Gaygymmaxx, IndraBC and pneumocystosis
Milk should be raw