My Experience With Accutane

Guernica

Guernica

Autistic
I started a 6 month accutane course when I was 16 (Currently I'm 17) and now that it's been over for a month and a half I will go over some of the effects it had on me while I was on it. (Note my dosage started at 20 mg and slowly grew to 50)
Positive
1. Acne is gone. Aside from a few marks which are already fading away my skin is perfect now. Obviously this is the main goal of accutane but still it's nice that my main failo facially anyway is gone.
Neutral
1. How it affected my growth. I've heard that accutane can cause stunted growth if taken during puberty. I do not know my exact height when I started accutane but currently I am 6'0. Anecdotally I have not felt like I've grown much taller since taking accutane but I will monitor my growth for the next year or so and see.
Negative
1. Dry lips. Even now off accutane my lips are pretty dry. Seems to be getting better though with the use of vaseline on my lips every night before I sleep.
2. Bloated face. This one was pretty brutal. For 6 months my face was bloated as fuck even my parents were commenting on it. The bloating went away pretty quick after stopping accutane though.
3. Hair loss. The biggest negative. Since taking accutane my hair has gotten thinner and thinner. No idea if this is permanent or temporary but holy shit even if temporary this sucks. Off accutane the thinning has seemed to stop and its getting better I think but I really can't tell will update in a few months. If it doesn't get better in a few months I will hop on min and if needed fin.

Verdict.
Do I recommend accutane? Depends. If in puberty I'd wait honestly the potential growth stunt is brutal especially if short. I also wouldn't recommend it as your first option try differin and tretinoin first. But if you're done with puberty and your acne is shit tier and wont go away its worth trying. Just make sure you are prepared to use fin and min in case your hair gets really fucked.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 62070
i experienced
1) hairloss, 80% reversed now after 5 years though.
2) permanant dry lips and skin dryness to this day
3) pain in joints never solved
4) fogy brain, brain never worked fine and solved after 2 months of taking the jew poison
5) permanant elevated liver enzymes

my acne returned btw after the cycle.

• +1
Reactions: Guernica
I started a 6 month accutane course when I was 16 (Currently I'm 17) and now that it's been over for a month and a half I will go over some of the effects it had on me while I was on it. (Note my dosage started at 20 mg and slowly grew to 50)
Positive
1. Acne is gone. Aside from a few marks which are already fading away my skin is perfect now. Obviously this is the main goal of accutane but still it's nice that my main failo facially anyway is gone.
Neutral
1. How it affected my growth. I've heard that accutane can cause stunted growth if taken during puberty. I do not know my exact height when I started accutane but currently I am 6'0. Anecdotally I have not felt like I've grown much taller since taking accutane but I will monitor my growth for the next year or so and see.
Negative
1. Dry lips. Even now off accutane my lips are pretty dry. Seems to be getting better though with the use of vaseline on my lips every night before I sleep.
2. Bloated face. This one was pretty brutal. For 6 months my face was bloated as fuck even my parents were commenting on it. The bloating went away pretty quick after stopping accutane though.
3. Hair loss. The biggest negative. Since taking accutane my hair has gotten thinner and thinner. No idea if this is permanent or temporary but holy shit even if temporary this sucks. Off accutane the thinning has seemed to stop and its getting better I think but I really can't tell will update in a few months. If it doesn't get better in a few months I will hop on min and if needed fin.

Verdict.
Do I recommend accutane? Depends. If in puberty I'd wait honestly the potential growth stunt is brutal especially if short. I also wouldn't recommend it as your first option try differin and tretinoin first. But if you're done with puberty and your acne is shit tier and wont go away its worth trying. Just make sure you are prepared to use fin and min in case your hair gets really fucked.
it doesnt stunt height, hairloss only happens if u have mpb pretty sure, umm for the bloating its js random some ppl get more chiseled and sum get bloated from what ive read it seems to go away 4-8 months after u started, also yeh take fin at 17 great idea

• +1
it doesnt stunt height, hairloss only happens if u have mpb pretty sure, umm for the bloating its js random some ppl get more chiseled and sum get bloated from what ive read it seems to go away 4-8 months after u started, also yeh take fin at 17 great idea
Over for my hair genes ngl

Over for my hair genes ngl
I did not and will not read this but seems like itd help with hairloss probably

• Love it
I did not and will not read this but seems like itd help with hairloss probably

Bookmarked that shit thanks nigga

• +1
Reactions: Rigged
From what i saw and studies it does

From what i saw and studies it does

Only in high doses the 80+ range if i remember correctly