My gaming laptop is making loud noises and games lag.

DarknLost

DarknLost

S̴̢̧̱̪͈͈̻͓̪̭̣̫͎͖̤̤̩̟̳̹͈̩̬̟̩̪̱̰̠͉͖̲̞̳̳̄͛̆̅͊̀͊̚̕͜͝͝͝
I just bought an Acer Nitro 5 two years ago,and it was working fine. It was fast and gaming was awesome. But over time,the laptop's fan started making loud weird noises. I also noticed that the games are not running that well anymore. Everything lags,even though I did a full factory reset,and reinstalled Windows. I could run GTA 5 on high graphics for the first 2 years I had it,but now even Minecraft lags. What could be the problem? I am sure it's not dust,because I always use my laptop only on my desk.
I'd appreciate if any gamercels could help. Vidya is the best cope for me

Dust will get in there even though you put it on a desk

Lag is related to ping and only affects online games, not rig specs.

It lags the same in single player
That is frame rate
DarknLost

Why the fuck would you spend $800 on a gaming laptop instead of getting a fully decked out pc which would perform way better and won't break after 2 years JFL

Anyway check drivers and shit and ofc clean out dust because dust can cause higher temps which will then make your pc throttle itself which will then make it lag. So that could be it

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 39 and SikKunt
Why the fuck would you spend $800 on a gaming laptop instead of getting a fully decked out pc which would perform way better and won't break after 2 years JFL

Anyway check drivers and shit and ofc clean out dust because dust can cause higher temps which will then make your pc throttle itself which will then make it lag. So that could be it
I am not the one that spent the money on it,I got it for Christmas

• Woah
Reactions: Arkantos and ChoSeungHui
Check the drivers are updated, wacth how Hot the pc gets, if It gets above 75+ degrees then that is a problem, It could Also be that your Thermal paste is gone, if You didnt clean your fan from inside then watch a tutorial on how to do It

you have a gaming laptop that's why

• +1
Reactions: Arkantos and ChoSeungHui
Let’s hope you get that problem sorted, man, because that would be some convenient shit, man.

Why the fuck did you buy a laptop for gaming

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SikKunt, Ritalincel and ChoSeungHui
use malwarebytes and ccleaner. Trust me

Also check what your memory usage is when playing games.

• +1
Reactions: Truecel14 and ChoSeungHui
Why the fuck did you buy a laptop for gaming

I did too but realized putting it on "full performance" drained the battery fast so it was basically always plugged in charging. I ended up selling it and making a desktop lol

compressed air helps

• +1
Reactions: ChoSeungHui and Bluepill
You should try to get your PC clean and your fans replaced, it might very well be overheating that is causing your performance issues.

• +1
Reactions: ChoSeungHui and Ritalincel
You should try to get your PC clean and your fans replaced, it might very well be overheating that is causing your performance issues.
He's got a laptop. Don't think you can replace fans on there

• +1
Reactions: Uncle Sam
compressed air helps
literally this. don't listen to shitty advice by others. ritalincel knows his computers. try running osrs if you haven't already.

literally this. don't listen to shitty advice by others. ritalincel knows his computers.
Ritalincel knows his Ritalin pills

• WTF
Reactions: Ritalincel
Just beat the shit out of it bro, it just works

• +1
Reactions: ChoSeungHui and SikKunt
clean you laptop fan, boy, i always have the same problem every once a few month