My Hinduism practice megathread

G

GuyFromSingapore

It's all fun games until someone gets punched
Scriptures should either be interpreted literally or metaphorically.

Vedas are foundational. Because Vedas are revelations. Anything found in other scriptures like Mahabharata/Bhagavad Gita or Puranas should be thrown away if they contradict Vedas.

Words of the Guru are inferior to the words of God Himself. Gurus are only God inspired and spiritually realized but they are inferior in authority to the scriptures.

Prayer is the most important thing in religion. It is nothing without it.

Feeling the presence of God through direct prayer is superior to idol worship. Idol worship is superior to religious apathy.

All the Gods are equally the forms of God. Vishnu, Shiva and Kali are not superior over one and another.

One should study Christianity and Islam and agree where you agree with them and refute them where you disagree with them.

Your own soul is your guidance in matters of spirituality. Blindly following Gurus is ignorance.

Exception is God intervening at junctions of importance

"Out of compassion for them, I situated in the heart, destroy ignorance born of darkness, with the shining light of knowledge" ~ chapter 10, verse 11

• Ugh..
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11126, aesthetic beauty and chosen-one
Scriptures should either be interpreted literally or metaphorically.

Vedas are foundational. Because Vedas are revelations. Anything found in other scriptures like Mahabharata/Bhagavad Gita or Puranas should be thrown away if they contradict Vedas.

Words of the Guru are inferior to the words of God Himself. Gurus are only God inspired and spiritually realized but they are inferior in authority to the scriptures.

Prayer is the most important thing in religion. It is nothing without it.

Feeling the presence of God through direct prayer is superior to idol worship. Idol worship is superior to religious apathy.

All the Gods are equally the forms of God. Vishnu, Shiva and Kali are not superior over one and another.

One should study Christianity and Islam and agree where you agree with them and refute them where you disagree with them.

Your own soul is your guidance in matters of spirituality. Blindly following Gurus is ignorance.

Exception is God intervening at junctions of importance

"Out of compassion for them, I situated in the heart, destroy ignorance born of darkness, with the shining light of knowledge" ~ chapter 10, verse 11

• Ugh..
Reactions: chosen-one

I used to be Roman Catholic. There's some gold in the New Testament...

"No one comes to the Father except through Me".

Krishna says He IS the Father.

"I am the Father, the Mother, the Grandsire, the Progenitor..."

God is not your father nor mother in the literal sense except He Created the universe and your Soul depends on Him.

There is no "son of God" in Hinduism. We are ALL God's sons.

• Ugh..
Reactions: Deleted member 11126
I used to be Roman Catholic. There's some gold in the New Testament...

"No one comes to the Father except through Me".

Krishna says He IS the Father.

"I am the Father, the Mother, the Grandsire, the Progenitor..."

God is not your father nor mother in the literal sense except He Created the universe and your Soul depends on Him.

There is no "son of God" in Hinduism. We are ALL God's sons.
enjoy hell ig