My interesting excerpts of ANTI-AGING literature!

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken

This study proved that controlling time-of-feeding can override the anti-longevity effect of caloric intake and is sufficient for lifespan extension [88].

Caloric restriction, limiting calorie intake without causing malnutrition, has been shown to extend lifespan in multiple model systems (de Magalhaes et al. 2012; Masoro 2005; Spindler 2010). When comparing mortality curve trajectories under CR or reduced T b, however, some studies have observed a difference between the two. Evidence of this comes from Drosophila whereby CR initially delays age-related mortality in the short-term, which results in an increase in the overall lifespan, although in the long-term the rate of the mortality trajectory is the same as that of non-CR flies (Fig. 2) (Mair et al. 2003). However, a lowered T b has a different effect whereby it extends lifespan as well as reducing the slope of the mortality trajectory (Fig. 2) (Miquel et al. 1976), suggesting that in Drosophila lowered T b and CR utilize alternative pathways to reduce mortality. Whether this is the case in homeotherms is unknown.

B6 (lymphoma prone) mice kept at a higher room temperature (30 °C) did not reduce T b when under CR and this caused a reduction in daily hypothermia and reduced the life-extending effects of CR and in particular its anti-lymphoma action (Koizumi et al. 1996). Likewise, CR is known to reduce cell proliferation and at higher room temperatures this effect weakens. It has therefore been suggested that CR’s induction of hypothermia could cause this anti-lymphoma action which promotes longevity. However, in MRL (autoimmune prone) mice the high room temperature (30 °C) had no effect in reducing the CR-mediated delay of autoimmune diseases (Koizumi et al. 1996).

Similarly, in fruit flies, changing back and forth the ambient temperature from hot to cold, animals have a similar longevity of flies kept in cold conditions (Liu and Walford 1972; Rikke and Johnson 2004), which suggest that it is not the exposure time to cold but rather physiological adaptations to it that are important.

Our analyses reveal a common network of genes under convergent evolution, encompassing established aging regulators such as insulin signaling, yet also identify flavonoid (aryl-hydrocarbon) metabolism as a pathway modulating longevity. The selective pressures on these pathways indicate the ancestral state of rockfishes was long lived and that the changes in short-lived lineages are adaptive. These pathways were also used to explore genome-wide association studies of human longevity, identifying the aryl-hydrocarbon metabolism pathway to be significantly associated with human survival to the 99th percentile. This evolutionary intersection defines and cross-validates a previously unappreciated genetic architecture that associates with the evolution of longevity across vertebrates.

Nevertheless, over-expression of telomerase increases the chances of cancer. If telomeres stay in repair, there is a greater chance of longevity, but there is also more cell division and a greater chance of mutation, which could result in cancer. Therefore, a long-lived cell is just a time bomb. Enhancing telomerase activity is, therefore, not a solution; it only allows the cells to live longer.

“Of note, PE26, PE39, PE42, PE59, PE68, PE78 and PE83 can prolong yeast CLS even under CR conditions, when all cellular processes that limit longevity under non-CR conditions are likely to be suppressed.”
PE26, PE39, PE42, PE59, PE68, PE78 and PE83 are from berries of Serenoa repens, aerial parts of Hypericum perforatum, leaves of Ilex paraguariensis, the whole plant of Solidago virgaurea, from the whole plant of Humulus lupulus, from root barks of Berberis vulgaris, from the whole plant of of Ilex paraguariensis, respectively.

“AMPK, a crucial cellular energy sensor, is activated by increases in the cellular AMP:ATP ratio. It has been shown that activation of AMPK via genetic or pharmacological intervention extends the lifespan of C. elegans and mice [36-39]. Since impaired mitochondrial respiration decreases ATP and therefore increases the AMP:ATP ratio, it is possible that AMPK plays a role in the long lifespan of mitochondrial respiration mutants.”

(Related to above quote) “As a cellular energy sensor, AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is activated in response to a variety of conditions that deplete cellular energy levels, such as nutrient starvation (especially glucose), hypoxia and exposure to toxins that inhibit the mitochondrial respiratory chain complex.1, 2

• +1
  • Love it
  • Hmm...
Reactions: nobodyspecial369, hattrick, garoupilled_ and 7 others
@autismmaxxer

• +1
Reactions: autismmaxxer
BRO GET OUT U UGLY GOOK SUBHUMAN I THOUGHT U LEFT

• JFL
Reactions: Nebula, NerdcelThundercok, Deleted member 17244 and 1 other person
Yeah and that’s why he has to leave

Even u mog him to death

He’s some weird gook lookin mf
how can i mog him im ltn
but i agree
he makes videos about looksmaxxing an dbonesmashing yet still look like shit

BRO GET OUT U UGLY GOOK SUBHUMAN I THOUGHT U LEFT
IMG 7119

Please leave my thread retard faggot since you can’t reply with anything relevant.

• +1
  • Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: zeshama, Interested, Jarate and 6 others
  • JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Interested, Iasacrko and Deleted member 1901
tldr?

just leanmax?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Over for can’t read cels
dude if you already read into the literature just summarize it for us

no need for us to read the same bullshit

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM
tldr?

• +1
Reactions: KLESUM
dude if you already read into the literature just summarize it for us

no need for us to read the same bullshit
tldr?

just leanmax?
I did summarize it for you. I gathered all the interesting bits of the HUNDREDS of LONG scientific studies I’ve read. Why the fuck would I re-write what I just posted in a slightly shorter form? Literally just read it if you’re interested or don’t if you’re not.

• +1
Reactions: reptiles
I did summarize it for you. I gathered all the interesting bits of the HUNDREDS of LONG scientific studies I’ve read. Why the fuck would I re-write what I just posted in a slightly shorter form? Literally just read it if you’re interested or don’t if you’re not.
ok jungle gook

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, NerdcelThundercok, depressionmaxxing and 2 others
interesting thread

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior and Deleted member 1901
i dont understand anything what is it even about

• So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: KLESUM and Deleted member 1901
i dont understand anything what is it even about
Too lazy to summarize everything. It’s about many things. You could copy and paste the excerpts into goodie to find the studies and then maybe it would be easier to understand since you could read the rest of the literature

So TLDR:
Intermittent fasting, good circadian cycle, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and holding your breath (hypoxia)
That plus some weird chemicals

What about telomere lengthening? I keep hearing about it in anti-aging discussion, no idea what it is, what it does, or how to do it.

Also another thing: I believe that anti-aging refers to the natural process of cell death/failure of the body, and working on that would just make you live a few years more (like 90), correct?

That's pretty useless imo, we should be looking at how to look visually young. Like collagen and hormones and etc.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: 5'7 zoomer, Chintuck22, blackckatt and 2 others
What about telomere lengthening?
Can increase cell lifespan but increases risk of cancer because the telomeres shortening is what turns a cell that has divided a lot (which shortens telomeres) into a non-dividing senescent cell which prevents it from being cancerous

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
So
Intermittent fasting, good circadian cycle, exposure to hot and cold temperatures, and holding your breath (hypoxia)
That plus some weird chemicals
Also extended fasting (not sure if intermittent fasting is enough for fasting and refeeding benefits but is can be for circadian clock)

Body temperature also chronic body temperature and flavonoid absorption and some plant extracgs

• +1
Reactions: ccwarrior
@ccwwarrior

Btw this is really interesting about body temperature but it’s hard to realize from the exerpt

Tb means body temperature btw

And click on the blue parts to see the graphs; it’s interesting

Caloric restriction, limiting calorie intake without causing malnutrition, has been shown to extend lifespan in multiple model systems (de Magalhaes et al. 2012; Masoro 2005; Spindler 2010). When comparing mortality curve trajectories under CR or reduced T b, however, some studies have observed a difference between the two. Evidence of this comes from Drosophila whereby CR initially delays age-related mortality in the short-term, which results in an increase in the overall lifespan, although in the long-term the rate of the mortality trajectory is the same as that of non-CR flies (Fig. 2) (Mair et al.2003). However, a lowered T b has a different effect whereby it extends lifespan as well as reducing the slope of the mortality trajectory (Fig. 2) (Miquel et al.1976), suggesting that in Drosophila lowered T b and CR utilize alternative pathways to reduce mortality. Whether this is the case in homeotherms is unknown.

where do you even stumble upon these studies?

• +1
where do you even stumble upon these studies?
I don’t stumble upon them. I found most of them through google search when I search for specific things.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 31155
I don’t stumble upon them. I found most of them through google search when I search for specific things.
Neat. Are you a med school student by the way?

• +1
  • +1
  • +1
is there a place you can learn about the basics of this and then in depth?
Probably, but I skipped the basics. I can’t focus on anything unless it either interests or entertains me. I’m still in high school so the closest to the basics I got formally is biology class. If you just jump right into reading scientific literature, you should understand most of it eventually (might take months) At least that’s my experience, but to be fair I had previous experience reading scientific literature because of my obsessive heightmaxxing research which I gave up on.

Not the basics, which would be like biology and shit, but If you want to find (over) simplified content on aging you can look to YouTube, but mostly it’s just statements (that often conflict with other statements) with little understanding gained. I can recommend some YT channels I’ve found so far that are good imo but I don’t agree with any of them 100% of course also I’d recommend looking to other channels/sources to get multiple views and prevent brainwashing.

Search on YT Physionic, Dr Brad Stanfield, Siim Land, Jason Fung, High Intensity Health

• +1
Probably, but I skipped the basics. I can’t focus on anything unless it either interests or entertains me. I’m still in high school so the closest to the basics I got formally is biology class. If you just jump right into reading scientific literature, you should understand most of it eventually (might take months) At least that’s my experience, but to be fair I had previous experience reading scientific literature because of my obsessive heightmaxxing research which I gave up on.

Not the basics, which would be like biology and shit, but If you want to find (over) simplified content on aging you can look to YouTube, but mostly it’s just statements (that often conflict with other statements) with little understanding gained. I can recommend some YT channels I’ve found so far that are good imo but I don’t agree with any of them 100% of course also I’d recommend looking to other channels/sources to get multiple views and prevent brainwashing.

Search on YT Physionic, Dr Brad Stanfield, Siim Land, Jason Fung, High Intensity Health
nice really appreciated the helpful response, ur a g for that

• +1
i was told here that bone mass loss around orbitals and maxilla as you age is another reason of aging which is why ur face looks flat and the skin sags
Yes the facial bones change which is part of what makes people look older. Chewing could combat that I would reckon.

View attachment 2396374
View attachment 2396375
View attachment 2396376
View attachment 2396377
This study proved that controlling time-of-feeding can override the anti-longevity effect of caloric intake and is sufficient for lifespan extension [88].

Caloric restriction, limiting calorie intake without causing malnutrition, has been shown to extend lifespan in multiple model systems (de Magalhaes et al. 2012; Masoro 2005; Spindler 2010). When comparing mortality curve trajectories under CR or reduced T b, however, some studies have observed a difference between the two. Evidence of this comes from Drosophila whereby CR initially delays age-related mortality in the short-term, which results in an increase in the overall lifespan, although in the long-term the rate of the mortality trajectory is the same as that of non-CR flies (Fig. 2) (Mair et al. 2003). However, a lowered T b has a different effect whereby it extends lifespan as well as reducing the slope of the mortality trajectory (Fig. 2) (Miquel et al. 1976), suggesting that in Drosophila lowered T b and CR utilize alternative pathways to reduce mortality. Whether this is the case in homeotherms is unknown.

B6 (lymphoma prone) mice kept at a higher room temperature (30 °C) did not reduce T b when under CR and this caused a reduction in daily hypothermia and reduced the life-extending effects of CR and in particular its anti-lymphoma action (Koizumi et al. 1996). Likewise, CR is known to reduce cell proliferation and at higher room temperatures this effect weakens. It has therefore been suggested that CR’s induction of hypothermia could cause this anti-lymphoma action which promotes longevity. However, in MRL (autoimmune prone) mice the high room temperature (30 °C) had no effect in reducing the CR-mediated delay of autoimmune diseases (Koizumi et al. 1996).

Similarly, in fruit flies, changing back and forth the ambient temperature from hot to cold, animals have a similar longevity of flies kept in cold conditions (Liu and Walford 1972; Rikke and Johnson 2004), which suggest that it is not the exposure time to cold but rather physiological adaptations to it that are important.

Our analyses reveal a common network of genes under convergent evolution, encompassing established aging regulators such as insulin signaling, yet also identify flavonoid (aryl-hydrocarbon) metabolism as a pathway modulating longevity. The selective pressures on these pathways indicate the ancestral state of rockfishes was long lived and that the changes in short-lived lineages are adaptive. These pathways were also used to explore genome-wide association studies of human longevity, identifying the aryl-hydrocarbon metabolism pathway to be significantly associated with human survival to the 99th percentile. This evolutionary intersection defines and cross-validates a previously unappreciated genetic architecture that associates with the evolution of longevity across vertebrates.

Nevertheless, over-expression of telomerase increases the chances of cancer. If telomeres stay in repair, there is a greater chance of longevity, but there is also more cell division and a greater chance of mutation, which could result in cancer. Therefore, a long-lived cell is just a time bomb. Enhancing telomerase activity is, therefore, not a solution; it only allows the cells to live longer.

“Of note, PE26, PE39, PE42, PE59, PE68, PE78 and PE83 can prolong yeast CLS even under CR conditions, when all cellular processes that limit longevity under non-CR conditions are likely to be suppressed.”
PE26, PE39, PE42, PE59, PE68, PE78 and PE83 are from berries of Serenoa repens, aerial parts of Hypericum perforatum, leaves of Ilex paraguariensis, the whole plant of Solidago virgaurea, from the whole plant of Humulus lupulus, from root barks of Berberis vulgaris, from the whole plant of of Ilex paraguariensis, respectively.

“AMPK, a crucial cellular energy sensor, is activated by increases in the cellular AMP:ATP ratio. It has been shown that activation of AMPK via genetic or pharmacological intervention extends the lifespan of C. elegans and mice [36-39]. Since impaired mitochondrial respiration decreases ATP and therefore increases the AMP:ATP ratio, it is possible that AMPK plays a role in the long lifespan of mitochondrial respiration mutants.”

(Related to above quote) “As a cellular energy sensor, AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) is activated in response to a variety of conditions that deplete cellular energy levels, such as nutrient starvation (especially glucose), hypoxia and exposure to toxins that inhibit the mitochondrial respiratory chain complex.1, 2

Could you directly link the studies pls and thank you

• +1
Yes the facial bones change which is part of what makes people look older. Chewing could combat that I would reckon.

It's both fat around orbits the anterior projection of the infra orbitals but it's also soft tissue as well which a face lift targets this combined with custom implants is the best anti aging

• +1
Could you directly link the studies pls and thank you
Just copy and paste the text to search engine and you’ll find them

Fasting only stops aging because you’re taking in less methionine, caloric intake is massively important for longevity, avoid seed oils methionine get your micronutrients up and eat lots of fruit, ray peat for the win

• Hmm...
Fasting only stops aging because you’re taking in less methionine, caloric intake is massively important for longevity, avoid seed oils methionine get your micronutrients up and eat lots of fruit, ray peat for the win
I disagree. There’s evidence that Fasting is beneficial for slowing aging because of autophagy and regeneration after fasting.

Read the first excerpt

Also don’t eat much fruit; most is high in fructose

Based post 👍

• Love it