My sister just named her baby after a Columbine shooter

S

stunna

Kraken
My sister, a young albeit full grown adult, has just had a baby and named him after Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers.

What else do I need to say?

She’s 22. She wasn’t even alive when the incident happened in 1999.

I’m just so creeped out. This is beyond weird. I can’t call him by his name. Nothing wrong with the name Eric. My first thought when she initially told me was this kid I went to school with who had this awesome mullet. I wish I had never asked her why she picked the name. It’s not a family name or anything and she always said she was going to use a family name.

I knew she had a “fascination” with that case but now it’s like is she truly ok? I know that nobody is associating the name with the specific namesake in this case. Thankfully it’s a normal, common name. Truly concerned for my sister though, to actually think this and do it. Like, of all the people??? She actually said “Well, it’s not like I named him after Jeffrey Dahmer or something ridiculous like that.” Yes, you did something ridiculous like that.

It’s not the name itself that’s bad. It’s that she says stuff like “You know what Eric (as in Eric Harris) means to me.” That’s the weird part.

My parents told me to stop making a big deal about it. It’s just a name 🙄

• JFL
Reactions: Manletmachine, redmaxx, 5'7 zoomer and 6 others
It’s not the name itself that’s bad. It’s that she says stuff like “You know what Eric (as in Eric Harris) means to me.” That’s the weird part.
Is she based @Vicious

I wonder how many kids are named Richard because of ramirez

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: romm2el, TechnoBoss, chaddyboi66 and 3 others
  • JFL
Reactions: Skywalker and redmaxx
My sister, a young albeit full grown adult, has just had a baby and named him after Eric Harris, one of the Columbine killers.

I’m just so creeped out. This is beyond weird. I can’t call him by his name. Nothing wrong with the name Eric. My first thought when she initially told me was this kid I went to school with who had this awesome mullet. I wish I had never asked her why she picked the name. It’s not a family name or anything and she always said she was going to use a family name.

I knew she had a “fascination” with that case but now it’s like is she truly ok? I know that nobody is associating the name with the specific namesake in this case. Thankfully it’s a normal, common name. Truly concerned for my sister though, to actually think this and do it. Like, of all the people??? She actually said “Well, it’s not like I named him after Jeffrey Dahmer or something ridiculous like that.” Yes, you did something ridiculous like that.

how old are you

my reaction

• JFL
Reactions: TechnoBoss, ineonx, Deleted member 21899 and 1 other person
One time in high school I had a notebook with drawings of Eric, Dylan, cho, and Jeff Weise

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ineonx and Deleted member 21899

Train the kid to be the next ER

We all know what the baby is gonna grow to become tbh