OHP is hard as fuck

szolliontaraelis

szolliontaraelis

Solum In Mortem Finiat Officium
How much you guys can do max for a single rep?

How much you guys can do max for a single rep?
Did 60 at 80kg untrained, managed to do 58 at 106kg after Gymcelling for 4 years straight. Now I don't lift anymore THANK GOD

(all strict and standing tho, single rep)

• +1
Reactions: szolliontaraelis
70kg, never really try one rep max on ohp though seems like a good way to injure yourself

• +1
70kg, never really try one rep max on ohp though seems like a good way to injure yourself
Yeah, that's the max I can do at 98kg rn. Being in a calorie deficit really fucks with your presses.

• +1
Reactions: schizo echochamber
I did 10 reps with 44 kg last workout my 1 rep max could be around 60kg at 72 kg bw

• +1
Yeah, that's the max I can do at 98kg rn. Being in a calorie deficit really fucks with your presses.
Damn I’m doing it at 75kg rn, try doing it with dumbbells though you’ll get way stronger on ohp quickly even on deficit

• Hmm...
Damn I’m doing it at 75kg rn, try doing it with dumbbells though you’ll get way stronger on ohp quickly even on deficit
I can't really feel my shoulders with dumbells tbh. With the barbell, I can feel my delts stretch to Andromeda.

I can't really feel my shoulders with dumbells tbh. With the barbell, I can feel my delts stretch to Andromeda.
I do barbell ohp first then supplement with dumbbell ohp

Rep 65 for 8

OHP is bad for ur spine. It will make you shorter, both short term, and over time, permanently

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: zeshama, Deleted member 27635 and marek937
OHP is bad for ur spine. It will make you shorter, both short term, and over time, permanently
I legit shrink an inch after doing it
its suifuel for manlets like me

• +1
Reactions: andy9432
ohp is the most important lift in the gym

I legit shrink an inch after doing it
its suifuel for manlets like me
ive quit doing them aswell, solely due to the height loss, i only do spine friendly exercises now. Tried going back to ohp. but within weeks, ive noticed i was shorter, even if i had a good nights sleep

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 27635
Did 60 at 80kg untrained, managed to do 58 at 106kg after Gymcelling for 4 years straight. Now I don't lift anymore THANK GOD

(all strict and standing tho, single rep)
Am I reading this wrong, you did 58 reps of 60kg ??? In one set ??

Those are extremely elite numbers jfl.

ive quit doing them aswell, solely due to the height loss, i only do spine friendly exercises now. Tried going back to ohp. but within weeks, ive noticed i was shorter, even if i had a good nights sleep
Is it better seated ?

Is it better seated ?
no, it would still compress ur back, i found a way to do ohp without compressing ur spine. i do it lying down, horizontally, with a resistance band behind the neck

• +1
Am I reading this wrong, you did 58 reps of 60kg ??? In one set ??

Those are extremely elite numbers jfl.
I did 1x58 and one 1x60 a few years later lol

58x60 is Andrew Richard-tier shit lmao

525lb strict x 1, natural as they get...
Guy could get that WR any time he wants ☺️

dang i always do ohp can u recommend some good back exercises that doesn’t destroy spine? im new at gymcelling

dang i always do ohp can u recommend some good back exercises that doesn’t destroy spine? im new at gymcelling
just do banded ohp horizontally behind ur neck, and do seated rows, pullups or pulldowns if u cant do pullups

• Love it
do it behind the neck

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 39140
I really doubt it is permanent, and I think it would make your spine compress less during the day as you train over time. Even so, at the most I get compressed I'm still a little over 6'4.

LIGHT WEIGHT BABYYYYYYYYYYYYY

@Orc Did it affect your height? If it did, in what way?

About 50kg, it’s disproportionately weak considering I can bench 100kg.

Really need to do something about this.

• So Sad