One thing Rogan figured out a decade ago that a lot of Podcasters still don't get...

OldRooster

OldRooster

Get off my lawn!
Is that most people don't want you to start your show with some 2 minute introduction/summary. Some podcasters can't get the school book report format out of their head.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Gonthar and ranierean
It's the online showrunner inferiority complex; they desperately want the prestige of the legacy media, which ironically makes them even bigger striver jokes.
They're genuinely confused; they don't know about what makes their content special or why radio and TV has set these rules in place. All these cinematic intros and outros, commercial breaks, cutaways, bloopers etc. serve the singular aesthetic purpose of mimicry.
I just use the SponsorBlock extension to skip them all automatically.

• +1
Reactions: OldRooster
It's the online showrunner inferiority complex; they desperately want the prestige of the legacy media, which ironically makes them even bigger striver jokes.
They're genuinely confused; they don't know about what makes their content special or why radio and TV has set these rules in place. All these cinematic intros and outros, commercial breaks, cutaways, bloopers etc. serve the singular aesthetic purpose of mimicry.
I just use the SponsorBlock extension to skip them all automatically.
Seriously well thought.
Even many of the self described red pilled anti establishment guys like Aaron Clarey do the 30 second cinematic intro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back