Only doing inclined bench to avoid man boobs?

D

Deleted member 19798

Wearing gucci, drive bys and gang shit
I noticed that my chest is more developed than ideal and I don’t like it. I just want my upper chest to be developed so that it still appears strong but not giving man boobs appearance. Will only doing inclined bench fix this?

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, thecel and Deleted member 18522
also curious on this one

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 19798
yes.

alternatively, overhead press only trains your upper chest without affecting the lower chest at all, but it does this secondarily and you need a lot of volume if you want to use it for that purpose.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel, thecel and Deleted member 19798
was thinking this exact thing in gym earlier today, going forward i’m no longer doing flat bench only incline

also i can feel my upper chest being activated when doing overhead barbell press for shoulders so maybe add this in

• +1
Reactions: thecel and Deleted member 19798
Do incline with reverse grip and you will feel the inner upper chest. Which is the most important part aesthetically speaking.

• Woah
  • +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: thecel, Deleted member 21403 and Deleted member 19798
It's difficult to isolate a part of the chest but what you can do is pre-exhaust in a certain plane of motion and then that part of the chest will be the limiting factor for the subsequent chest training. For example if you hold a plate in your arm and do a forward raise across your chest that will activate the anterior delts and upper chest a lot more than the lower chest. Superset that with a normal bench press and your upper chest will be hit extra hard without overworking the lower chest.

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Unnamed

Man boobs mog

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: thecel and germanlooks
I noticed that my chest is more developed than ideal and I don’t like it. I just want my upper chest to be developed so that it still appears strong but not giving man boobs appearance. Will only doing inclined bench fix this?
Do
Barbell overhead press
Incline db overhead press
And then incline db bench press

A lot more shoulder and upper chest bias if you feel like your lower chest is disproportionately developed this will improve the rest

yes.

alternatively, overhead press only trains your upper chest without affecting the lower chest at all, but it does this secondarily and you need a lot of volume if you want to use it for that purpose.
I’ve found this too I used to do OHP for 6-10 reps but I’ve seen a lot more results using it now in the 12-18 rep range not sure why that is

I’ve found this too I used to do OHP for 6-10 reps but I’ve seen a lot more results using it now in the 12-18 rep range not sure why that is
fatigue, by doing a lot of volume of a singular movement the primary muscles eventually become exhausted and the secondary muscles start compensating for it, which hits them harder.

the more fatigued your shoulders are the harder your upper chest has to compensate when you initially begin the pressing motion.

• +1
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel