Pectus Excavatum 60 days after surgery update: a guide for anyone interested in getting it fixed

garoupilled_

garoupilled_

DMs open for custom looksmaxing protocols/coaching
As a few of you know, I've gotten the Nuss bar procedure for pectus excavatum exactly 2 months ago

This thread will serve to give a few updates and insights from my experience since then and I hope it helps out people who are interested or looking into getting Pectus fixed as well

● What is pectus excavatum?

Pectus is a structural deformity of the anterior thoracic wall in which the sternum and rib cage grow abnormally, leading to an indentation of the chest (in the sternum area) which appears as if the chest has been "excavated" (hence the name).

The severity of pectus varies greatly. Mild cases may cause little to no symptoms, while severe cases can potentially interfere with the function of the heart and lungs due to the chest's pressure on the organs. Although in most cases it will be mainly cosmetic.

The exact cause of pectus excavatum is unknown, but it appears to be mostly genetic since it often runs in families.

mcdc7_pectus_excavatum_jpg.jpg
4bc874908b7fb1dc02895247b0f97792314d0416.png
Pectus.jpg
pectus-excavatum-600x323-456x246.jpg

● Treatment

As of now, there are 4 main ways to treat pectus excavatum:

Nuss Bar Procedure: Involves making small incisions on either side of the chest and passing a curved metal bar (the Nuss bar) through the chest cavity, beneath the sternum. The bar is then flipped to a position where it pushes the sternum outward, correcting the indentation. The bar typically stays in place for about 2-3 years, giving the chest time to remodel, before it is removed in a separate procedure (this is the one I got).

13019_2021_1624_Fig4_HTML.jpg
fsurg-08-814837-g002.jpg

Ravitch Procedure: Involves making an incision across the chest, removing the abnormally curved costal cartilages, and placing a temporary support bar. The sternum may also be fractured to allow it to be positioned correctly. The chest is then allowed to heal and remodel in the correct position over time.
images
KITP-17-42909-g002.jpg

Vacuum Bell Treatment: This is a non-surgical treatment that uses a vacuum device to create a suction effect over the chest wall. The vacuum bell is applied regularly over a long period of time (often several hours a day for several years) with the aim of gradually lifting the sternum and reshaping the chest wall. Recommended mostly in mild cases only.

plgProducts-nndadqh40e.jpg
images
03_1200x1200.jpg

Silicone Implants: Involves placing a silicone implant under the skin of the chest to correct the appearance of the indentation. Does not correct any underlying structural issues with the chest wall, but it can improve the cosmetic appearance of the chest.

Pectus-Excavatum-Homme-Type-1-de-face-zoom.jpg
1-s2.0-S029412601930086X-gr5.jpg

● My experience

First 3 days: insane pain, every breath I took hurt, 0 movement capability, couldn't get out of the hospital bed and stand straight, slept and stood laid down for the entire time, had to piss in a bedside jar and ate as little as possible because I didn't want to go to the bathroom to take a dump, legit wanted to die, taking morphine every 8 hours to soothe the pain.

Days 3-7: First time getting out of bed and being able to walk (super slowly), started going to the bathroom on my own and took a shower while sitting down on a plastic chair, arm movement is very limited and I couldn't get it above shoulder level.

Days 7-14: Discharged from the hospital on day 7, went home, sat at the desk most of the time, needed help to get into bed and lay down to sleep, still hurt to breathe a bit, could only sleep on my back.

Days 14-30: No longer hurts to breathe, arm movement was completely recovered around day 30, could grab stuff on the shelf, could carry lightweight objects around, started getting back to life pre-surgery.

Days 30-45: Around day 40 I could finally sleep on my side (read my sleepmaxxing megaguide btw), could carry heavier objects around, had no issue whatsoever in getting out and in bed, and started light jogging.

Days 45-60: Life seems to be similar to pre-surgery, could run and punch with no issues, back to weight lifting at the gym.

• +1
  • Love it
  • Woah
Reactions: Jungcuck, mvp2v1, rooman and 14 others
Why did she get that cum pool fixed?

Insane halo, imagine cumming on her tits and filling up that cum pool, hot af

3413725 1684181945660

• JFL
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 29167, slayer69 and 11 others
Looks straight from SAW

Attachments

• 3413781_1684183426197.jpeg
    3413781_1684183426197.jpeg
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
  • +1
Reactions: rooman, Suimaxxer and garoupilled_
Does this ever affect lifting permanently or is it a fairly safe thing?

• +1
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 29167 and garoupilled_
tags

@zv1212 @Ellipsis @Suimaxxer @looksmidder @pneumocystosis @Iasacrko @ascension! @ascension @5.5psl @raminzer @aBetterMii @Bvnny. @khvirgin @pashtun @Anchor_Ship @ArcticStorm @homovirgin @Shako Mako
@Arborist @Maesthetics=King @TRUE_CEL @Xangsane @Blackgymmax @looksmaxxer234 @AscendingHero

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Sondern, raminzer, Suimaxxer and 2 others
no way someone else with my chest deformity :lul:
also another way to "fix it" is getting jacked both of the tate brothers have it and only other people with pectus excavatum will notice it
Andrew and tristan

• JFL
Reactions: rooman and Deleted member 29167
Does this ever affect lifting permanently or is it a fairly safe thing?
it actually helps with lifting long term because your pectoralis muscles wont be drawn back as fuck

obviously for now my strength is weakened but ill get it back in no time for sure

• +1
Reactions: Hess
no way someone else with my chest deformity :lul:
also another way to "fix it" is getting jacked both of the tate brothers have it and only other people with pectus excavatum will notice it
View attachment 2205518
getting jacked only helps in very mild cases tbh

Pectus.jpg
this guy has a reasonably developed pectoralis but the dent is still there - its a skeletal issue

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 29078
Looks straight from SAW
yeah in the early 2000s when the technique was less developed a bunch of people died during surgery due to lung and heart puncture by the bar but glad I didn't have any complications

• +1
Reactions: Lmao
it actually helps with lifting long term because your pectoralis muscles wont be drawn back as fuck

obviously for now my strength is weakened but ill get it back in no time for sure
I see, ive been considering doing a surgery to get rid of flared ribs

• +1
Reactions: garoupilled_
Good to know it went good for u

• Love it
As a few of you know, I've gotten the Nuss bar procedure for pectus excavatum exactly 2 months ago

This thread will serve to give a few updates and insights from my experience since then and I hope it helps out people who are interested or looking into getting Pectus fixed as well

Pectus is a structural deformity of the anterior thoracic wall in which the sternum and rib cage grow abnormally, leading to an indentation of the chest (in the sternum area) which appears as if the chest has been "excavated" (hence the name).

The severity of pectus varies greatly. Mild cases may cause little to no symptoms, while severe cases can potentially interfere with the function of the heart and lungs due to the chest's pressure on the organs. Although in most cases it will be mainly cosmetic.

The exact cause of pectus excavatum is unknown, but it appears to be mostly genetic since it often runs in families.

Pectus.jpg

● Treatment

Nuss Bar Procedure: Involves making small incisions on either side of the chest and passing a curved metal bar (the Nuss bar) through the chest cavity, beneath the sternum. The bar is then flipped to a position where it pushes the sternum outward, correcting the indentation. The bar typically stays in place for about 2-3 years, giving the chest time to remodel, before it is removed in a separate procedure (this is the one I got).

View attachment 2205426View attachment 2205497
fsurg-08-814837-g002.jpg

Ravitch Procedure: Involves making an incision across the chest, removing the abnormally curved costal cartilages, and placing a temporary support bar. The sternum may also be fractured to allow it to be positioned correctly. The chest is then allowed to heal and remodel in the correct position over time.
images
KITP-17-42909-g002.jpg

Vacuum Bell Treatment: This is a non-surgical treatment that uses a vacuum device to create a suction effect over the chest wall. The vacuum bell is applied regularly over a long period of time (often several hours a day for several years) with the aim of gradually lifting the sternum and reshaping the chest wall. Recommended mostly in mild cases only.

images
03_1200x1200.jpg

Silicone Implants: Involves placing a silicone implant under the skin of the chest to correct the appearance of the indentation. Does not correct any underlying structural issues with the chest wall, but it can improve the cosmetic appearance of the chest.

View attachment 2205441

● My experience

First 3 days: insane pain, every breath I took hurt, 0 movement capability, couldn't get out of the hospital bed and stand straight, slept and stood laid down for the entire time, had to piss in a bedside jar and ate as little as possible because I didn't want to go to the bathroom to take a dump, legit wanted to die, taking morphine every 8 hours to soothe the pain.

Days 3-7: First time getting out of bed and being able to walk (super slowly), started going to the bathroom on my own and took a shower while sitting down on a plastic chair, arm movement is very limited and I couldn't get it above shoulder level.

Days 7-14: Discharged from the hospital on day 7, went home, sat at the desk most of the time, needed help to get into bed and lay down to sleep, still hurt to breathe a bit, could only sleep on my back.

Days 14-30: No longer hurts to breathe, arm movement was completely recovered around day 30, could grab stuff on the shelf, could carry lightweight objects around, started getting back to life pre-surgery.

Days 30-45: Around day 40 I could finally sleep on my side (read my sleepmaxxing megaguide btw), could carry heavier objects around, had no issue whatsoever in getting out and in bed, and started light jogging.

Days 45-60: Life seems to be similar to pre-surgery, could run and punch with no issues, back to weight lifting at the gym.
Great to actually see someone posting results and aftermath for once and doing hardmaxxes instead of coping with their subhumanity

• +1
Reactions: rooman, Deleted member 29167, raminzer and 1 other person
This is absolutely based. good job with taking the surgery step and I wish you a continued well recovery.

• Love it
I looked at my shirtless baby photos, I can confirm that this condition develops with poor posture. I have reduced it drastically in 2 years.

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: mirrormogger, mvp2v1 and garoupilled_
Fucking brutal

• +1
Reactions: rooman and garoupilled_
congrats, now what surgery is next ?

• +1
Damn bro, where do you get the money for these surgeries ?
pectum was covered by insurance, rhinosepto will be partially covered as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21661

Pectus.jpg

● Treatment

fsurg-08-814837-g002.jpg

images
KITP-17-42909-g002.jpg

images
03_1200x1200.jpg

View attachment 2205441

● My experience

Peak thread as usual lad

• Love it

Pectus.jpg

● Treatment

fsurg-08-814837-g002.jpg

images
KITP-17-42909-g002.jpg

images
03_1200x1200.jpg

View attachment 2205441

● My experience

Im going to get it aswell. hows your breathing quality? was it covered with insurance?

• +1
Im going to get it aswell. hows your breathing quality? was it covered with insurance?
Yes it was covered

Breathing takes 3 months to fully recover, but now I can breathe much better, def worth it on the long run

• +1
Reactions: Sondern
Yes it was covered

Breathing takes 3 months to fully recover, but now I can breathe much better, def worth it on the long run
how bad was it breathing before hand? I dont think mine is gonna get covered even though it hurts to breath somtimes

how bad was it breathing before hand? I dont think mine is gonna get covered even though it hurts to breath somtimes
Not bad but during inspiration if I went full on it would hurt a bit, btw just messaged you on discord

But I mean if your case is severe I'd recommend it, just keep in mind the first weeks are like hell on earth tho

I got back to lifting a week ago and you need to cut down on the weights as well

• +1
Not bad but during inspiration if I went full on it would hurt a bit, btw just messaged you on discord

But I mean if your case is severe I'd recommend it, just keep in mind the first weeks are like hell on earth tho

I got back to lifting a week ago and you need to cut down on the weights as well
howd u get it covered if it was mild? did u just say it hurt? im willing to go threw the pain because i think it will hurt me in the long term and probably is shortering my life span

howd u get it covered if it was mild? did u just say it hurt? im willing to go threw the pain because i think it will hurt me in the long term and probably is shortering my life span
Yeah just got lucky I guess, it's def detrimental for your health long term so you can get away with that

• +1
Yeah just got lucky I guess, it's def detrimental for your health long term so you can get away with that
was the hospital and drugs also covered?

OP how severe was your case? I have it too but its mild.

• +1
I have that thing