(PEOPLE WHO GOT SURGERY GTFIH) How do I stop being OCD with surgery?

D

Deleted member 19766

Kraken
Title, I unironically have OCD. It's not too bad but it makes me overthink a fuck ton whenever I buy something, so organizing plastic surgery for myself has proven to be a real fuckin' bitch. I'm overthinking my ass off.

To those out there that actually bit the bullet and did the deed, my low inhib friends, do you have any tips for overcoming these feelings? A degree of it is almost natural I'd presume especially given how we are blackpilled, after all, but too much of it and one will never ascend, it seems.

• +1
Reactions: slavicpsycho and chrisN
surgery is one thing u gotta be OCD about but after surgery u gotta be less OCD

What kind of surgery are you getting

If its trimax, keep in mind, in my view, what makes a good result good or bad is 60% how the soft tissue moves and falls into place after the surgery, and this cannot really be adequately predicted even with 3d planning. imo someone who is destined to gain improvement thru bimax is gonna improve more or less the same if they get a 8cm bsso, a 10cm one, or a 12cm one. Whatever brings you to to an orthognathic (straight) profile or slight anteface is the best for 99% of people, and its not like if someone gets this and has a mediocre result they would have ascended massively if they did anteface instead or something like that. I don't think there is a necessary correlation between the quality of a before-after and the extent of the movement. This is just all to say, to some degree don't fret over details too much since so much of the quality of the result is unpredictable and out of your control, quibbling over a mm here and there or a degree of rotation will look like pennies compared to soft tissue cahnges.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 19766
What kind of surgery are you getting

If its trimax, keep in mind, in my view, what makes a good result good or bad is 60% how the soft tissue moves and falls into place after the surgery, and this cannot really be adequately predicted even with 3d planning. imo someone who is destined to gain improvement thru bimax is gonna improve more or less the same if they get a 8cm bsso, a 10cm one, or a 12cm one. Whatever brings you to to an orthognathic (straight) profile or slight anteface is the best for 99% of people, and its not like if someone gets this and has a mediocre result they would have ascended massively if they did anteface instead or something like that. I don't think there is a necessary correlation between the quality of a before-after and the extent of the movement. This is just all to say, to some degree don't fret over details too much since so much of the quality of the result is unpredictable and out of your control, quibbling over a mm here and there or a degree of rotation will look like pennies compared to soft tissue cahnges.
Bimax, my chin already has very good projection so I don't think there'd be any need for it, right? Can genio make chin wider/taller? If so then maybe I'll get trimax but for now just bimax.
Thank you for the points, very high IQ and will def ease my conscious a lot.
The only few others things I wonder about are (Excluding the obvious, aka which surgeon should I go to) if going for a high-cut Lefort 1 would be worth it vs a regular-cut, if I should do MSE or something akin to that before (I would like to maybe do it after but if it's absolutely necessary to do it before and impossible to do after then I might as well do it before), the possibility of implants (Paranasal, jaw angle, jaw, anterior nasal spine all interest me the most, forehead, zygo, and temple/helmet all seem too much) with it (Although I suppose I could always do them later, one thing though is that sometimes they can be covered by insurance surprisingly JFL so in some cases it might be smartest to do it with bimax and get them all covered), and finally, there were some other things I contemplated doing with it that I forgot the names of, but they are mostly done in Coceancig's super bimax, not that Id go to him given his ridiculous prices for foreigners but the possibility of mandible widening (Among other things) along with a regular bimax intrigues me.
One last thing, my jaw is a bit asymmetrical and I'm assuming the surgeon will almost certainly address it if within the realm of control, correct?