Petroleum Engineering vs Computer Science ?

Which would you chose?

• Total voters
PubertyMaxxer

PubertyMaxxer

Face, Height, Frame, Dick
Petroleum or Chemical Engineering And Computer Science are the best inel degrees tbh

Both are great moneymaxxing degrees for the surgeries

Both allow to work in complete isolation without (female) interaction

At Petroleum/Chemical Engineering you work on an oil rig with free food and apartment and get 130k-200k $$ / year

At CS you work at an office ideally at a quantitative fund in NYC and get 100k-200k$ / year

They are also the 2 highest paying STEM degrees

Which would you chose?

• +1
Reactions: xefo
Petroleum Engineer personally

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, Pietrosiek and PubertyMaxxer
Computer science, i have a teacher that was a petroleum engineer and going to offshore oil rigs and shit sounds too complicated

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard, BigBoy and PubertyMaxxer
Computer science, i have a teacher that was a petroleum engineer and going to offshore oil rigs and shit sounds too complicated
You could also work in a chemical or pharmaceutical plant, which is also pretty isolated

• +1
Reactions: JustBeCurry
I just switched from Petro to CS a week ago. Petro has no job market at all boyo, you will be a perma rotter if you do Petro. Btw do you go to a Texas school?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Patient A, Danish_Retard and 1 other person
Highly depends on where you live and what you're after. Also, you'll never make 200k without a lot of experience in cs. The market is extremely saturated.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1680, Deleted member 6191, Morpheus and 2 others
Computer science. Petroleum engineer will be a thing of the past unless you specified energy (all energy sources) engineer.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6403 and PubertyMaxxer
Petroleum or Chemical Engineering And Computer Science are the best inel degrees tbh

At Petroleum/Chemical Engineering you work on an oil rig with free food and apartment and get 130k-200k $$ / year

At CS you work at an office ideally at a quantitative fund in NYC and get 100k-200k$ / year

Which would you chose?

Which one have you been accepted for?

• +1
Reactions: PubertyMaxxer
Petrol engineer if you have connections
CS if you are willing to sit all day

• +1
Computer science. Petroleum engineer will be a thing of the past unless you specified energy (all energy sources) engineer.
Not in the next 30 years tbh, also you could also work at a chemical or phrama plant or any plant tbh

Not in the next 30 years tbh, also you could also work at a chemical or phrama plant or any plant tbh

Too flammable working as a Petroleum engineer.

• Love it
They’re both incredibly oversaturated. CS will guarantee you a job though, PET E will not. Also Petroleum will be harder to get into if you don’t have the connections in the TX/Louisiana area. A lot of the kids at the Texas schools and around there that study that have fathers and friends who work in the oil industry. Go for it but it will not be the walk in the park you think

• +1
I have heard from people in the industry that a chemical engineering degree is more valuable than a petro degree even if you want to work in the oil field

• +1
Guys vote for petroleum so that this cuck will fail in life and choose the wrong degree :feelshaha: 🖕

• JFL
Reactions: AbandonShip, Deleted member 357, Deleted member 6273 and 2 others
Chemical engineers do well for themselves. At least you leave the house, unlike some majors

• +1
I have heard from people in the industry that a chemical engineering degree is more valuable than a petro degree even if you want to work in the oil field
That makes sense tbh with chemical you can work at much more and still oil

Petroleum engineering is very niche and the market may not remain stable depending on such factors as renewable energy, OPEC, etc. CS is much more broadly applicable and has constant growth, but don't expect to be a Silicon Valley engineer making $130k/yr unless you're in the top 10% of your graduating class with multiple projects and internships under your belt.

• +1
I wanna blow my brain out and I program all day so...
Seriously go for something you enjoy that won't make you think too much

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191
Highly depends on where you live and what you're after. Also, you'll never make 200k without a lot of experience in cs. The market is extremely saturated.
Nooooo everyone knows that CS is a secret way to make 200k+

Petroleum engineering is very niche and the market may not remain stable depending on such factors as renewable energy, OPEC, etc. CS is much more broadly applicable and has constant growth, but don't expect to be a Silicon Valley engineer making $130k/yr unless you're in the top 10% of your graduating class with multiple projects and internships under your belt.

I will do mech eng

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and sytyl
I will do mech eng
That's great. Just remember, having a degree and some experience isn't necessarily enough to be competitive in any STEM field these days - almost all markets are oversaturated. You have to continuously improve your skills to the maximum extent possible. You're competing with MIT and Stanford graduates with 3.9 GPAs and 2 internships at elite companies who themselves went above and beyond, learning more math, physics, and programming than they needed for graduation.

• +1
That's great. Just remember, having a degree and some experience isn't necessarily enough to be competitive in any STEM field these days - almost all markets are oversaturated. You have to continuously improve your skills to the maximum extent possible. You're competing with MIT and Stanford graduates with 3.9 GPAs and 2 internships at elite companies who themselves went above and beyond, learning more math, physics, and programming than they needed for graduation.
I am Canadian, but yes your point stands. I’ll participate in groups and clubs specific to the program and build up a network? I realize it’s competitive but I don’t think it’s as saturated as the others

I am Canadian, but yes your point stands. I’ll participate in groups and clubs specific to the program and build up a network? I realize it’s competitive but I don’t think it’s as saturated as the others
mech eng sucks here bro, unless you are in a good coop program

• +1
Computer science will be much needed in the future, I would go for that as it will probably be easier to find a job.
Also alternative fuels are emerging as alternatives to gasoline and other petroleum derivates, I think that will lower the necessity of petroleum engineers.

mech eng sucks here bro, unless you are in a good coop program
Fr? I’m not expecting to make a lot of money, especially at the start (50k) us is better from what I saw. I just can’t get myself to do comp sci and otherwise maybe computer engineering but the market is smaller from what I saw. Mech eng can go into petroleum IIRC. with the industry. 50k is much more than what my family is making now,and that’s starting, so I’m good at budgeting and money management, unless that’s not what u meant jfl

• +1
Reactions: sytyl
I just switched from Petro to CS a week ago. Petro has no job market at all boyo, you will be a perma rotter if you do Petro. Btw do you go to a Texas school?
Petroleum market is cyclical. With climate change movement I don't know though.

I personally chose EE but between these I would pick CS.

I honestly don't think groups and clubs matter, except for research groups where you collaborate with a professor's research group to do scientific work. As for building up a network, try to make friends with your smartest classmates and take a business course or two. Just my recommendation

• +1

Which would you chose?
You wont be earning 100k right after school with cs. Maybe 50k if you are lucky, but most probably just an internship without salary. It is still the best option tho.

• JFL
Reactions: sytyl
I would choose cs due to its comfy nature, u seat on yo computer and chill, im too low iq anyway so i won’t do this

IMO, just join some sociology or african studies course in a community college. With the workload salary trade off, its literally same shit in overall quality of life. Why burden the mind? Enjoy life king size. In fact, you can fuck some libtard women too. Don't ruin your life with STEM shit.

Pietroleum mogs

Incel Petroleum Engineer vs Chad Instagram Influencer

Computer science but that's just bc i hate chem

Nooooo everyone knows that CS is a secret way to make 200k+
Yes goy, I studied Software Engineering and now I make 5 million dollars per second!

• JFL
Yes goy, I studied Software Engineering and now I make 5 million dollars per second!
Everyone talks abotu Cs and SE like its some million dollar opportunityh and not saturated

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5304
Everyone talks abotu Cs and SE like its some million dollar opportunityh and not saturated
Every career is saturated at this point.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6191 and PubertyMaxxer