POLL: Have you experienced side effects from Finasteride?

Have you experienced side effects from finasteride

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 1862

Proving a point that these side effects are overblown & rare.

I get a boner just texting my oneitis

• +1
  • JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 2205, Deleted member 2587, Zygos4Life and 4 others
Very few ppl take it on this forum. Most are guna say yes so us baldcels can continue suffering.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Ekeoma_The_BBC
Only beard growing slower

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862
Very few ppl take it on this forum. Most are guna say yes so us baldcels can continue suffering.
literally experienced 0 sides & its been 2 months. I'm starting to worry that generic fin is somehow less effective than propecia.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: I'mme and Deleted member 3043
literally experienced 0 sides & its been 2 months. I'm starting to worry that generic fin is somehow less effective than propecia.
are you balding my bro ?

Give it 6 months for results atleast. Most places I see say there is no difference between the two. Lifefuel btw if u got no sides. Age?

There is no difference.

are you balding my bro ?
yeah slightly, hairline/ temples haven't changed but hair density has decreased all over scalp. I've caught it now though so hoping it'll improve.

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 3043
yeah slightly, hairline/ temples haven't changed but hair density has decreased all over scalp. I've caught it now though so hoping it'll improve.
i hope bro. How old are you ?

There is no difference.
yeah logically it makes sense that theyre identical, but hairlosstalk forum users have reported one being more effective than the other etc.

yeah logically it makes sense that theyre identical, but hairlosstalk forum users have reported one being more effective than the other etc.
hairlosstalk is a cucked forum full of @Mr_Norwood s

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464 and Deleted member 1862
  • +1
Reactions: HighIQcel, Deleted member 1464 and Deleted member 3043
I've been taking it for around 6 months no side effects

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, GenericChad1444 and Deleted member 1862
i need to hop on tbh

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, GenericChad1444, Deleted member 1862 and 1 other person
bad hair density/quality and skin quality, the disease of the caucasian man
thankfully i have more bone mass than the entire forum combined in return to compensate

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: Zygos4Life, logan and Deleted member 3043
when'd you start noticing slowing down of shedding/ regrowth?
around 3 months in, I also used nizoral as well, before that I was shedding hair like crazy and had a massive redness and inflamation all over, now I barely lose any hair even if I rub my scalp intensly, it hasn't regrown much of the hairline (I'm norwood 2 so it makes sense) but it made the edges of the hairline thicker

• +1
thankfully i have more bone mass than the entire forum combined in return to compensate
it is what it is.
I've seen eyes, his bones are insane, if you mog him you'r an Ogre T

you're 6'7, you have more bone mass in your tibia than the whole forum combined

THIS kind of shit scares me tbh:
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/6-months-finasteride-update-7-words.123569/
around 3 months in, I also used nizoral as well, before that I was shedding hair like crazy and had a massive redness and inflamation all over, now I barely lose any hair even if I rub my scalp intensly, it hasn't regrown much of the hairline (I'm norwood 2 so it makes sense) but it made the edges of the hairline thicker
Nice, sounds like you had scalp irritation of some kind before. Glad it worked for you.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464, Ekeoma_The_BBC and Deleted member 2486
OP are you diffuse thinning or MPB? I'm praying once I get on fin it thickens my hair at the front up

OP are you diffuse thinning or MPB? I'm praying once I get on fin it thickens my hair at the front up
It's diffuse but that doesn't mean its not mpb, there's other patterns besides norwood scale.

Yeah I'm just in it for the increased density too but so far nothing's changed. Been browsing hairlosstalk (might've been a mistake) & there's people saying fin doesn't work/ makes it worse/ it's over regardless if you start noticing shit in your 20s

It's diffuse but that doesn't mean its not mpb, there's other patterns besides norwood scale.

Yeah I'm just in it for the increased density too but so far nothing's changed. Been browsing hairlosstalk (might've been a mistake) & there's people saying fin doesn't work/ makes it worse/ it's over regardless if you start noticing shit in your 20s

Same, I really need that increased density, feeling the air through my scalp is pure suifuel and it's becoming impossible to style my hair since it's getting all whispy and seperated. And don't browse hairloss talk, it's full of blue-pilled idiots who scaremonger fin on purpose so others don't take it

• +1
hairlosstalk is a cucked forum full of @Mr_Norwood s
Duh.. you thought youd find Justin Bieber there or what?

if you start noticing shit in your 20s
imagine this hairline when your 10 yrs old

20191005 174116

• JFL
  • So Sad
Same, I really need that increased density, feeling the air through my scalp is pure suifuel and it's becoming impossible to style my hair since it's getting all whispy and seperated. And don't browse hairloss talk, it's full of blue-pilled idiots who scaremonger fin on purpose so others don't take it
I'd say fin is a good shout. Hop on & go from there.

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
wtf

is there a full beard under that censor too
nah ive got sparse facial hair and started getting it late too

but my lower third got taller and now its more balanced. still alien tier

• +1
nah ive got sparse facial hair and started getting it late too
just put minoxidil on ur face bro 🤓
I had worse at younger age due to thyroid problems. It was like nw3 lmao. Now I'm balding again but this time it's The Reaper.
the reaper claims us all

unless you're native american, then the reaper doesn't do shit.

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
tall skull + good lower third gg
my dad's male side is very bad balding genetics

my moms male side is ok balding genetics, my moms father norwooded till nw2 and stopped there for rest of his life. im norwood 0.5 atm as ive been all my life and noticed some recession so im contemplating fin

but again its such a hard decision cuz id be fine if it stopped at nw2 and would rather cope with hairsryles etc instead of dealing with PFS and sides

but if its my dads thing, i need to hop on asap. its a coinflip

my moms male side is ok balding genetics, my moms father norwooded till nw2 and stopped there for rest of his life. im norwood 0.5 atm as ive been all my life and noticed some recession so im contemplating fin

but again its such a hard decision cuz id be fine if it stopped at nw2 and would rather cope with hairsryles etc instead of dealing with PFS and sides

I'm in a similar boat. My mom's side has good hair genetics, my dad's side is OK (gradual balding after 30) but not great.

It's really hard to gauge it on this alone.

Again, I think fin sides are pretty overblown in all honesty. It's a vocal minority.

In your case (assuming you're 20+) I'd get a pill cutter & start taking .25mg fin. You can track your progress & keep note of any sides, then if the situation calls for you to up your dose you can do so.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
OP where did u get ur fin from? did a dermatologist prescribe u or did u buy it online?

I found this guy's video pretty helpful tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Deleted member 2486
OP where did u get ur fin from? did a dermatologist prescribe u or did u buy it online?

I found this guy's video pretty helpful tbh.

got it from an online pharmacy, but it's a government approved source. I'm going to try getting a prescription from a derm cus it'll be cheaper

• +1
Reactions: GenericChad1444
its a coinflip

go get your scalp looked at by a trichologist, if you have no miniaturization on the crown, you're most likely safe for 1-2 decades.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1862 and Deleted member 2486
Proving a point that these side effects are overblown & rare.
The side effects are overblown yeah. But you're almost definitely gonna experience side effects on finasteride. It's gonna be a lot more difficult to get your dick hard. I even find mild degrees of that side effect on Stinging Nettle Root. Inhibiting 5AR is gonna do that to you unfortunately.

The side effects are overblown yeah. But you're almost definitely gonna experience side effects on finasteride. It's gonna be a lot more difficult to get your dick hard. I even find mild degrees of that side effect on Stinging Nettle Root. Inhibiting 5AR is gonna do that to you unfortunately.
interesting, this is just making me doubt my finasteride more tbh. Maybe i'll switch to propecia.

should I have experienced some sides by now (~ 2 months)?

interesting, this is just making me doubt my finasteride more tbh. Maybe i'll switch to propecia.

should I have experienced some sides by now (~ 2 months)?
Propecia is just a brand name for fin.

If you're taking it already for 2 months and not noticing sides then that's great!

Propecia is just a brand name for fin.

If you're taking it already for 2 months and not noticing sides then that's great!
I know man, I just get paranoid over shit like this. All it took was one dumbass reddit post saying generic was sketchy & now I'm on edge.

I know man, I just get paranoid over shit like this. All it took was one dumbass reddit post saying generic was sketchy & now I'm on edge.
I think reddit is making you paranoid :)

• +1
I think reddit is making you paranoid :)
fucks sake hahahaha i don't browse reddit, i just went on a google rabbit hole

I used Finasteride for a year and now another year on dutasteride. No sides what so ever.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1464