Private clinic or public hospital for bimax?

blacksheep

blacksheep

Iron
I live in a Western European country with generally an exquisite health care system. I'm finally financially ready for a bimax surgery, but am wondering if I should go to a private clinic or public hospital? Finding information on costs or reviews is extremely difficult for both options. What I do know is that going to a public hospital would get partially refunded by my health insurance, but I see no one mentioning anything about doctors in public hospitals on here. Is it high risk? Does anyone have any helpful information on what I should be looking out for when searching a surgeon?

doesnt matter. what matters is the guy performing it

• +1
Reactions: Tai Lung, blacksheep and user123456
doesnt matter. what matters is the guy performing it
thank you. i'll just check out a few plastic surgeons around me in public clinics. Is there anything i should look out for during a first consultation?

If you can afford it go to a lauded aesthetic-eyed European surgeon, there's no reason not to.

Raffaini, Ramieri, Pagnoni, Safi

• +1
Reactions: eagle_tren123 and anticel
If you can afford it go to a lauded aesthetic-eyed European surgeon, there's no reason not to.

Raffaini, Ramieri, Pagnoni, Safi
well, i simply can't afford that. i'm lucky to be living in a country where our public health care is really good and affordable so made this post in hopes of finding others that had a good experience with public surgeons. let's just say i'm limited to 10k euros max (I've been through the whole orthodontist hassle already so not including that in the costs. my teeth and jaw are fixed as much as an orthodotist can)

Last edited:
well, i simply can't afford that. i'm lucky to be living in a country where our public health care is really good and affordable so made this post in hopes of finding others that had a good experience with public surgeons. let's just say i'm limited to 10k euros max

Ramieri is like 16k euros. I'd seriously recommend saving up.

A lot of public health surgeons have no clue what they're doing. A lot of them advance linearly (without necessary Counter-Clockwise Rotation for Jaw Downgrowth), over-advance, under-advance or do negligent maxillary/mandible setbacks.

There are many competent public hospital surgeons, but they seem to be needles in a haystack. If you want to use your time and energy to save money and play the lottery of trying to find a good cheap surgeon, you can do that, but why whenever you can just use it to save some extra money for the process to be easier and more certain? You're getting your face cut open and re-arranged for life.

Anyways, nobody here is gonna give you the answer. You're better asking on r/jawsurgery or JawSurgeryForums, and even then there's not much you can trust from one or two vouches about a surgeon. The top surgeons have countless public cases and testimonials, there's a reason I'm recommending them.

• +1
Reactions: anticel, blacksheep and ccwarrior
There's an impostor among us :lul:
Hint: 🇮🇳
IMG 9659

• Love it
Reactions: bossman
You’d be better off going to a private clinic in Mumbai than a public clinic anywhere on earth. Public sector are the most retarded scum of the earth

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Weed and blacksheep
Ramieri is like 16k euros. I'd seriously recommend saving up.

A lot of public health surgeons have no clue what they're doing. A lot of them advance linearly (without necessary Counter-Clockwise Rotation for Jaw Downgrowth), over-advance, under-advance or do negligent maxillary/mandible setbacks.

There are many competent public hospital surgeons, but they seem to be needles in a haystack. If you want to use your time and energy to save money and play the lottery of trying to find a good cheap surgeon, you can do that, but why whenever you can just use it to save some extra money for the process to be easier and more certain? You're getting your face cut open and re-arranged for life.

Anyways, nobody here is gonna give you the answer. You're better asking on r/jawsurgery or JawSurgeryForums, and even then there's not much you can trust from one or two vouches about a surgeon. The top surgeons have countless public cases and testimonials, there's a reason I'm recommending them.
Thank you so much for your reply. Ramieri is on the cheaper side so I might try to save more.

In the meantime I'll be in the search of surgeons in my area that are more within my budget, but I'll be looking out for what u mentioned about the rotation and over/under-advancing. In general I think I need more education on what surgeries I need and what to look out for but I am having a hard time finding the information (even on here). I'm not rushing anything because I'm literally pooping my pants about having a botched surgery

You’d be better off going to a private clinic in Mumbai than a public clinic anywhere on earth. Public sector are the most retarded scum of the earth
How would you rate going to a surgeon that has nothing to do with your ethnicity? One of my biggest fears is ending up bothed cuz the surgeon doesn't understand ethnic features. I'm mulatto, so good luck finding a mulatto doctor lmao but do you see where i'm coming from?

How would you rate going to a surgeon that has nothing to do with your ethnicity? One of my biggest fears is ending up bothed cuz the surgeon doesn't understand ethnic features. I'm mulatto, so good luck finding a mulatto doctor lmao but do you see where i'm coming from?
The blackpill is that only a few surgeons can reliably comprehend the aesthetic intricacies of your case.

Prof. Raffaini, "the Godfather of aesthetic jaw surgery", has actively talked about the concern of race/phenotype on the aesthetic outcome of these surgeries. He's the best at understanding how the entire face comes together, and very few come close. His results speak for themself.

• +1
Reactions: zura and blacksheep
The blackpill is that only a few surgeons can reliably comprehend the aesthetic intricacies of your case.

Prof. Raffaini, "the Godfather of aesthetic jaw surgery", has actively talked about the concern of race/phenotype on the aesthetic outcome of these surgeries. He's the best at understanding how the entire face comes together, and very few come close. His results speak for themself.
E7713AFF 9FFD 4379 B980 AB6EA794ADAB

this is the guy? these results are insane

• +1
Reactions: anticel and blacksheep

My wallet is crying for him. Must confess that I've done quite a deep dive into ethnic features, only downside is that studies usually don't take ethnically mixed people into consideration. I wanted to do the QOVES facial analysis report but wouldn't know if I'd have to choose Caucasian or Black as my ethnicity then.

thank you. i'll just check out a few plastic surgeons around me in public clinics. Is there anything i should look out for during a first consultation?
depends on what your face looks like and whats movements u need tbh

depends on what your face looks like and whats movements u need tbh
that’s why i wanna have a few consultations in public hospitals. to find out what my options are

i scheduled it with a public one (have functional/bite issues). he seems to know what he’s doing. rolling for good luck

• +1
Reactions: blacksheep
i scheduled it with a public one (have functional/bite issues). he seems to know what he’s doing. rolling for good luck
I also have functional issues. Where is yours located? Do you perhaps have his name?

Which other surgeons would you say are on his same level?

Sadly he won’t do online assessment so I might have to drag myself to Italy if he is truly the best for aesthetics.