Protein is a lie

Epola

Epola

Iron
You don't need to eat your bodyweight in protein. You have been lied to.

There are 80-90 grams of protein in a pound of human muscle. To gain 1lb of actual (dry) muscle tissue in a month, the daily average of excess protein you'd be required to eat is 3 grams.

The only scenario in which high amounts of protein would be required is not in a growth context, but to cope with an extremely high muscle breakdown rate. For almost everyone, the amount of protein in a regular diet will be more than enough; chances are your actual maintenance requirements are closer to .25g per lb of bodyweight or less.

Don't believe me? Replace all the protein in your diet with carbs or fats and watch your progress remain the same. Calories are the only important dietary metric most people will ever need for muscle growth.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: zeshama, aleksander, sayi and 7 others
Is this for both cutting and bulking?

Ur retarded brah

• +1
Reactions: faceReflect, iabsolvejordan and zyzzbrah1234
Is this for both cutting and bulking?
Someone with very high training volume in a lean and hypocaloric state could have much higher maintenance protein requirements than a fat person on a bulk with low training volume. There is contextual variance. If you want to eat more protein on a hard cut just to be safe, go ahead. But I've cut on an average of 60-70g a day down to 210lbs and kept gaining strength all the way. There are much bigger parts of the equation

• +1
Reactions: Fish
Just a scam to sell more protein powders

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Deleted member 51465, aleksander, robtical and 6 others
Retarded advice.

Consume 1g of protien per pound of bodyweight.

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan, looksseg and zyzzbrah1234
Don't believe me? Replace all the protein in your diet with carbs or fats and watch your progress remain the same. Calories are the only important dietary metric most people will ever need for muscle growth.
Kicking the ladder out from underneath you. Good strategy :feelshah:

protein is cope, ITS ALL HORMONES BOYO...

• +1
Reactions: mogstars and autistic_tendencies
1lb of pure muscle tissue contains about 825 calories, which would mean 206 grams of protein, not 3 grams like you said

• +1
Reactions: faceReflect
i read 1.6 per kg is enough if youre training muscle and its probably true

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 51465 and iabsolvejordan
1lb of pure muscle tissue contains about 825 calories, which would mean 206 grams of protein, not 3 grams like you said
Isn’t most muscle contains water

Verified studies or like almost all other exercise advice its mainly broscience

yeah bro the water content surely affects the total calorie count:feelsuhh:

?????
Have you ever looked at the nutrition label on chicken or ground beef or anything else? Is there any meat on earth you can get 206g of protein per pound from? The human body isn't any different. Different muscle tissues have different compositions, but in general tend to be around 25% actual dry tissue. Even this dry tissue is not entirely composed of proteins, as all skeletal muscle will tend to contain some amount of intramuscular fat.

You're right, water as you're familiar with it wouldn't contain any macronutrients. However, water held in your body bears little resemblance to the water that comes out of your faucet. Water bonds with something called glycogen which is a form of glucose (basically a stripped down carbohydrate), to saturate our muscles with readily available energy.

Also, of course I never claimed a pound of human muscle is composed of 3 grams of protein. Please read more carefully

• +1
Reactions: iabsolvejordan
i eat 1 gram per bodyweight and i look like shit

You don't need to eat your bodyweight in protein. You have been lied to.

There are 80-90 grams of protein in a pound of human muscle. To gain 1lb of actual (dry) muscle tissue in a month, the daily average of excess protein you'd be required to eat is 3 grams.

The only scenario in which high amounts of protein would be required is not in a growth context, but to cope with an extremely high muscle breakdown rate. For almost everyone, the amount of protein in a regular diet will be more than enough; chances are your actual maintenance requirements are closer to .25g per lb of bodyweight or less.

Ascended brah, but I’d say more than 3 grams still. Ray-Peat style.

Verified studies or like almost all other exercise advice its mainly broscience
You'll get "verified studies" to support very little ever said on this site. Don't live a life where your acceptance of every idea is contingent on the confirmation of other people's experiments. Especially when it is something this easy, a hypothesis which can literally be proved in about a week.

protein tastes good, don't need any other reason to eat it and don't track how much I eat.