Protein Overfeeding

CupOfCoffee

CupOfCoffee

IdentityCrisisCel
I've heard of many online fitness coaches (Martin berkhan, greg douchette, blaha) who recommend protein overfeeding for overeaters or anyone trying to get lean in general. So basically rather than following the standard target of 1 gram protein per lb of bodyweight (which is already hard to reach with normal food), this would mean bumping it to 1.5-2 grams in order to benefit from thermic effect, extreme satiety, and muscle sparing effects at the same time. I was wondering, has anyone here tried this?

So basically only eat chicken breast, tuna, and whey.

There's pretty much no other way to get that much protein in a deficit

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers, Deleted member 2621 and CupOfCoffee
So basically only eat chicken breast, tuna, and whey.

There's pretty much no other way to get that much protein in a deficit
I have a high tdee due to physically demanding job so it's possible to fit in small amounts of other stuff. For average guy probably not

anabolic steroids help

carbohydrates are muscle sparing

if you consume too much protein the body will start trying to turn protein into sugars via gluconeogenesis. This process requires chronically elevated cortisol levels to facilitate it.

Scam to get you to buy more protein powder

Your gastrointestinal system will be fucked with that much protein

Just lol

• +1
Reactions: middayshowers
carbohydrates are muscle sparing

if you consume too much protein the body will start trying to turn protein into sugars via gluconeogenesis. This process requires chronically elevated cortisol levels to facilitate it.
Wrong. Gluconeogenesis is demand driven in the body. Protein will not be converted if is not required. And this was proven a long time ago, nothing new.

Bloat