Psychedelics only reduce brain activity

High Cortisol Chad

High Cortisol Chad

Diamond
No, your brain doesn't light up like a Christmas tree on LSD, all tho that's what physicalist propaganda would tell you. There are no increases in brain activity anywhere in the brain, only decreases under psychedelics.

Now, this is an uncomfortable fact to deal with if you are a physicalist like cucks from /r/science, since, according to materialism, consciousness is brain activity (a totally inactive brain is, after all, a dead and unconscious brain under materialism). Many such folks who can't even read research properly, will tell you that x study showed increased connectivity under LSD/mushrooms/DMT see! brain activity increased
tenor.gif

No mf, the connectivity you see increased is the connectivity of the remaining brain activity, after it already decreased, it's not related to metabolism

So just to be clear YOUR BRAIN ESSENTIALLY GOES TO SLEEP WHEN YOU HAVE THE MOST POWERFUL AND RICH EXPERIENCE OF YOUR LIFE. YOUR BRAIN IS THE CLOSEST TO THE DEAD BRAIN WHEN YOU TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF PSYHEDELICS
pnas.1518377113fig05.jpeg

Psilocybin+essay+2.png

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Sexually Disabled, YabadiDabado, incel194012940 and 5 others
does it not just concentrate activity in very specific regions?

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit and Crusile
wow, a kastrup cultist on looksmax.org of all places

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: try2beme and High Cortisol Chad
Dreams are more real than reality. Most parts of the brain also serve inhibitory functions it’s not as simple as “ lighting up like a Christmas tree” or not

• +1
Reactions: try2beme
psychedelics are for soy brains

df3dd95a246401fc18a914862e50247bc622e1675e072c1ec698d9be65d4bf92_1.jpg

• JFL
  • +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: wollet2, Primalsplit, Deleted member 28691 and 5 others
Most parts of the brain also serve inhibitory functions
You would see decreases somewhere but increases in other areas of the brain if that were the case, but there are no increases anywhere. This is a black swan type argument against materialism . That is, if consciousness is produced by the brain, then brain metabolism somewhere must be going on. Hence, if increased conscious experience should be correlated with increased metabolism somewhere in the brain. But a psychedelic experience only shows decreased metabolism everywhere in the brain, yet increased "experience".

• +1
Reactions: wollet2
Based and bookmark worthy.

• +1
Reactions: High Cortisol Chad
its reducing/eliminating noise by turning off parts of the brain not responsible for consciousness, leaving you with pure consciousness

• +1
Reactions: wollet2 and Sexually Disabled
You would see decreases somewhere but increases in other areas of the brain if that were the case, but there are no increases anywhere. This is a black swan type argument against materialism . That is, if consciousness is produced by the brain, then brain metabolism somewhere must be going on. Hence, if increased conscious experience should be correlated with increased metabolism somewhere in the brain. But a psychedelic experience only shows decreased metabolism everywhere in the brain, yet increased "experience".
what if its produced in the certain parts of the brain that are left on...

• +1
How? what's the tldr? (dn read)
What tldr do you want it is exactly what I said

its reducing/eliminating noise by turning off parts of the brain not responsible for consciousness, leaving you with pure consciousness
ok then the richness of the experience wouldn't increase, for that you need to have some increases somewhere under physicalism

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
What tldr do you want it is exactly what I said

ok then the richness of the experience wouldn't increase, for that you need to have some increases somewhere under physicalism

brain activity: Brain activity can be defined by the interconnections of neurons and their release of neurotransmitters in response to nerve impulses.

random proxies of brain activity used in brain scans dont measure true "brain activity".

• +1
Are medications like rispiridone Clonazepam and Fluoxetin Psychedelic? And if they are how can I get rid of them i've been taking them for almost 5 years and i'm tired I feel like shit I can't think clearly and feel autistic

why does it matter what it does or how does it work?

It's out of this world experience anyway

brain activity: Brain activity can be defined by the interconnections of neurons and their release of neurotransmitters in response to nerve impulses.

random proxies of brain activity used in brain scans dont measure true "brain activity".
What is meant in this context by brain activity is brain metabolism, a dead brain is a brain with 0 metabolism

Are medications like rispiridone Clonazepam and Fluoxetin Psychedelic?
No

• +1
Reactions: Esteban1997
This makes sense. Brain activity is strongly correlated to the body, in many ways. Most drugs seem to loosen the connection, thus glitching out and causing “out of body experiences”.

• +1
Reactions: Primalsplit
nigga telling me my brain activity actually reduces when I see shit like this on LSD:

meanwhile I feel like years go by in hours and my brain is in hyper over-drive.

It goes well with my theory that reduced brain activity, lower IQ, increases life quality and life satisfaction.

Less brain activity = Better experiences
This is 100% accurate

• +1
Reactions: MoggerGaston
what if its produced in the certain parts of the brain that are left on...
this

also why do some people near death report no conscious experience returning back. just an instant passage of time from the moment of 'the accident'' to waking up
why do people go unconscious under g.a where brain activity is severely reduced. it doesnt hve any meaning outside of just brain stuff
the necessry brain parts to produce experience are still active in psychedelics

@High Cortisol Chad

Last edited:
why do some people near death report no conscious experience returning back. just an instant passage of time from the moment of 'the accident'' to waking up
The same reason why some people have no recollection of doing stuff when very drunk. It's not like they had no experience, they just don't remember the experience.

under g.a where brain activity is severely reduced
Brain activity under general anesthesia is actually higher than normal brain activity, it's the opposite to what happens on psychedelics. They call it "paradoxical excitation". Well, it's paradoxical because it doesn't fit into their paradigm.

• Hmm...
The same reason why some people have no recollection of doing stuff when very drunk. It's not like they had no experience, they just don't remember the experience.

youre just making the assumption that ALL these people (that dont report conscious experience) have a conscious experience under GA that they forget. 0 proof of that

furthermore brain activity under alcohol is nothing like to when being under ga (lol cuz in one youre conscious in the other not) . the experience itself is vastly different if you have read people's experiences of GA. there is absolutely 0 sense of time being passed, when there is some very blurry rememberance of things you did when you were drunk and feeling of time passed. until about the time of falling to sleep (not passing out)
Brain activity under general anesthesia is actually higher than normal brain activity, it's the opposite to what happens on psychedelics. They call it "paradoxical excitation". Well, it's paradoxical because it doesn't fit into their paradigm.

my mistake for using the term 'brain activity' thats vague and misleading. depending on the drug given and the patients brain reaction to it, the consciousness alters, which can include complete absence of subjective conscious experience (unconsciousness) or some altered conscious 'trippy' state, people even waking up if the drug/dosage isnt right

anesthetics just disrupst the communication of neurons between parts of the brain that are responsibe for conscious experience
psychedelics dont disrupt this communication

Last edited:
they literaly have found in what ares of the brain reduced neuron communication 'turns off' conscious experience and how to reverse that

its all chemicals/nerve communication
im sure if they did a test on ppl in psychedelics they would have found more than abysmally low neuron communication in those brain areas

youre just making the assumption that ALL these people (that dont report conscious experience) have a conscious experience under GA that they forget. 0 proof of that
Yes, it's an assumption. There's 0 proof to the contrary either. There's an assumption that in deep sleep there's no experience but there were experiments done where they were waking people up from deep sleep (they knew the sleep stage from EEG readings) and immediately asking them what was their experience a moment ago, and they do report haveing experiences (not like dreams)

furthermore brain activity under alcohol is nothing like to when being under ga (lol cuz in one youre conscious in the other not) . the experience itself is vastly different if you have read people's experiences of GA. there is absolutely 0 sense of time being passed, when there is some very blurry rememberance of things you did when you were drunk and feeling of time passed. until about the time of falling to sleep (not passing out)
Alcohol has similarities with GA mechanism of action
"The action of propofol involves a positive modulation of the inhibitory function of the neurotransmitter gama-aminobutyric acid (GABA) through GABA-A receptors"
I had general anesthesia and yes I don't remember anything from it
anesthetics just disrupst the communication of neurons between parts of the brain that are responsibe for conscious experience
How do you know if this communication of neurons in that area is not responsible for the ability for anything to be imprinted in memory?

my mistake for using the term 'brain activity' thats vague and misleading. depending on the drug given and the patients brain reaction to it, the consciousness alters, which can include complete absence of subjective conscious experience (unconsciousness) or some altered conscious 'trippy' state, people even waking up if the drug/dosage isnt right
What I mean by brain activity is what a dead brain has 0 of. When you take a high dose of a psychedelic, your brain is closer to a dead brain than in normal sober life or GA

they literaly have found in what ares of the brain reduced neuron communication 'turns off' conscious experience and how to reverse that
Again how do they/ you know it's not a brain area that allows experience to be imprinted in memory

Yes, it's an assumption. There's 0 proof to the contrary either.
almost all people report an instant passage of time, they were not conscious
if they wake up or see stuff they were most likely not fully unconscious because of wrong type of drug or dosage

I had general anesthesia and yes I don't remember anything from it
what to remember? u were unconscious

How do you know if this communication of neurons in that area is not responsible for the ability for anything to be imprinted in memory?
scientits know its diferent areas responsible for memory

and why must the ability to imprint in memory rely on nerve communication while consciousness isnt?
why isnt memory 'transcending' the brain like conscioussness

if someone removes your eyes a key component of your concsiousness, your sight will be gone
your concsiousness - experience can be severely altered by removing body organs
if they shut down/destroy the brain area responsible for cognition-awareness you have no concsiousness-experience remaining

its rly simple

Last edited:
It goes well with my theory that reduced brain activity, lower IQ, increases life quality and life satisfaction.

Less brain activity = Better experiences
it doesnt take much intelligence to find and understand certain sad truths
its all luck, the things you were lucky or unlucky to come across and know

more retarded peope dont feel happy they just dont feel anything combined with a self brain washing belief of gratitude at best case scenario