question about bitcoin

O

orthognathicenjoyer

Iron
I am not a tech savvy guy so i'm hoping someone here can help me answer this about bitcoins future.

As block rewards decrease and transaction fees go up to compensate miners. What will happen to people holding small amounts of bitcoin on private wallets. Will there btc become essentially stuck when transaction fees exceed the holdings in that wallet? How will bitcoin get around this problem?

• Woah
Reactions: Crusile
yeah if you have 0.001 bitcoin it's over, if you're into that you should have at least 0.01 so you don't lose more than 10% when you make a big transfer. XRP and Monero are way better if you want to do frequent transactons in my experience, since (((those))) mining farms controlling Bitcoin consensus are not going to progress past the SegWit soft fork

• +1
Reactions: orthognathicenjoyer
yeah if you have 0.001 bitcoin it's over, if you're into that you should have at least 0.01 so you don't lose more than 10% when you make a big transfer. XRP and Monero are way better if you want to do frequent transactons in my experience, since (((those))) mining farms controlling Bitcoin consensus are not going to progress past the SegWit soft fork
fuck it's over

As block rewards decrease and transaction fees go up to compensate miners.
transaction fees are not going up perse.
a78c5c85-8114-491c-8f3c-a6a593f2dce3.png

What will happen to people holding small amounts of bitcoin on private wallets. Will there btc become essentially stuck when transaction fees exceed the holdings in that wallet? How will bitcoin get around this problem?
1. if the transaction fee, is lagers than the bitcoin holding. Than it's basically stuck yeah. But than one really have to hold a small amount.

they already manage this problem.
There are L2 and L3 platforms, where one can sell/exchange your bitcoin. These platform-places hord/hold like 1000 transactions, group these 1000 transactions thogether into 1 transaction. And these platforms than sends 1 transaction to the Bitcoin blockchain, them only needing to pay 1 transaction fee. The people doing the transaction on their platform, will only pay like 1/900 of the transaction costs as they normally would. To take a cut between that, is how these platforms, make their money/profit/income.

I'm not sure. But these might be called lightning networks. in techinical terms
here it gets explained.