Rapamycin is a potential treatment for slowing aging, but not without side-effects

D

Deleted member 1901

Kraken
“Side effects of rapamycin treatment are not limited to immunosuppression. Rapamycin treatment promotes insulin resistance, severe glucose intolerance, and increased gluconeogenesis by impairing lipid deposition in rat adipose tissue (Houde et al., 2010). Cataracts were increased and testicular degeneration was observed in 83% of rapamycin-treated male mice (Wilkinson et al., 2012). All stages of spermatogenesis were lost and the location where sperm should be was filled with multinucleate giant cells, dead cells from different stages, and debris. The full effects was apparent even in those mice receiving the lowest rapamycin dose (Wilkinson et al., 2012).“

I’ve seen some talk about topical rapamycin to address skin aging, which is an interesting idea.

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Aypo129, ReinerGeist1 and BrahminBoss
just get kidney stones in dick and balls theory

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
“Side effects of rapamycin treatment are not limited to immunosuppression. Rapamycin treatment promotes insulin resistance, severe glucose intolerance, and increased gluconeogenesis by impairing lipid deposition in rat adipose tissue (Houde et al., 2010). Cataracts were increased and testicular degeneration was observed in 83% of rapamycin-treated male mice (Wilkinson et al., 2012). All stages of spermatogenesis were lost and the location where sperm should be was filled with multinucleate giant cells, dead cells from different stages, and debris. The full effects was apparent even in those mice receiving the lowest rapamycin dose (Wilkinson et al., 2012).“

I’ve seen some talk about topical rapamycin to address skin aging, which is an interesting idea.
you look 20 at 17 why you soo obsessed with ageing? if billionares who spend millions of dollars using anti ageing studied still look old what the fuck are you gonna be able to do? there is a reason nearly all people age very similar enjoy life now bc i swear to god when you are 25 you will look near 25 and when you are 50 you will too just accept it bro

you look 20 at 17 why you soo obsessed with ageing? if billionares who spend millions of dollars using anti ageing studied still look old what the fuck are you gonna be able to do? there is a reason nearly all people age very similar enjoy life now bc i swear to god when you are 25 you will look near 25 and when you are 50 you will too just accept it bro
its for his jb oneitis ig

I’d rather cope with anti aging than give up like a faggot, and I do believe I will benefit from this “cope”, even if I look more or less my age. As of now, since my focus has been on slowing aging, and I have began this journey recently, it would not have much of an effect on how old I look.

• +1
Reactions: ReinerGeist1
I’d rather cope with anti aging than give up like a faggot, and I do believe I will benefit from this “cope”, even if I look more or less my age. As of now, since my focus has been on slowing aging, and I have began this journey recently, it would not have much of an effect on how old I look.
nah your right i was hating you do look 17...also i agree i would do anything to cheat death too i also hate ppl who cope by saying '80 years' is long enough and if we lived longer life would have more meaning thats all complete cope i would do anything to stay young and look young for as long as possible but im telling you the only things you can do is avoid sun and eat clean anything more will be trial and error and you would have to take risks

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
nah your right i was hating you do look 17...also i agree i would do anything to cheat death too i also hate ppl who cope by saying '80 years' is long enough and if we lived longer life would have more meaning thats all complete cope i would do anything to stay young and look young for as long as possible but im telling you the only things you can do is avoid sun and eat clean anything more will be trial and error and you would have to take risks
i meant to say i hate the people who act like if we lived more longer live would have less meaning