Recently I have discovered most political circles have absolutely no idea what they are doing.

NuclearBrainReturns

NuclearBrainReturns

Matthew 4:1-11
I've returned from a meeting 2 days ago that I can only sum up as being 'uneventful'. I won't discuss the location or the group I attended but I will discuss the subject matter within reason.

I attended a meeting that lasted for 3 hours. The lead talker, although a smart person is so naïve about human nature as well as almost everyone who was there. There was a discussion relating to Universal Basic Income that I thought would have been more eventful than it was. I am shocked and appalled at the level of delusion amongst some of these people.

They have the most insane delusional view of human beings. Their way of implementing UBI goes as follows:

- Give everyone a set rate UBI no matter their income or age
- Tax corporations to fund the scheme

That's it. That is the fundamental basics of what they discussed though there was a lot of fluff inbetween. I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I spoke up and gave them something to consider.

1. UBI should not be universal. Only people between the ages of 16 and 30 should be granted a UBI type scheme. Older populations should have something else relating to a service package since they have worked for many years and had families. Young people should be the only people able to receive UBI as it prevents older, settled people from buying properties from under the youth. We all know how predatory old people are in these markets. They don't give one flying fuck about young people. If everyone receives the same UBI then nothing has FUNDAMENTALLY changed within peoples lives. They just have a little bit extra cash.

2. UBI as a concept is absolutely ridiculous because of our current economic climate. Giving people a set rate income no matter their life circumstance will tank the value of the pound or any currency due to each and every world currency that is relevant being debt based. Your currency is a depreciating asset because it is not tied to the value of precious metals or a finite supply of something else that is valuable. Only in an economy in an upwards trajectory could you even dream of implementing a scheme like UBI. You cannot do it in an economic recession without crippling your currency.

3. Because we are in an economic recession, businesses and highstreets are closing down. They have a delusional belief that a UBI scheme will allow people to start small businesses everywhere and become prosperous AND that they would be more likely to spend their cash on the highstreet, supporting businesses. They seem to forget that in an economic recession, small businesses are prey to already established multinationals. They seem to have forgotten during the pandemic, people bought more products from Amazon and other delivery service corporations than from high street shops. This hasn't changed post-pandemic. More shops are closing in the UK now than they did during the pandemic because they aren't being bailed out by the government.

The last point was the nail in the coffin for their argument. I have no idea how they overlooked such a huge fucking issue. People will not be helping local businesses with a UBI scheme and it won't prop up local economies. All of that money will be funneled into Amazon, Deliveroo, Just Eat, Apple and the like because people are fat, lazy and selfish cunts.

The only way a UBI scheme could possibly function is if it is only given to young people who have shown they wish to buy property and are looking to start a family. A negative birth rate is the most fundamental problem a nation should fix and that can only be done by attempting to persuade young people to buy properties and have babies. This cannot be done in an economic recession. UBI will not fix this problem if it is universal. That is the Achilles heel with the whole project. The youthful population are the most important part of every nation and they seem to not care about this whatsoever.

It should not be given to everyone. To think that everyone in the world has a 'million dollar' business idea and that they will have this opportunity via UBI is absolutely ridiculous and as naive as it gets.

Very demoralised by this but I will be attending these meetings regularly. Maybe I can really do something important since these people clearly have no idea whatsoever. Yet I do.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead