Research: Mexican men prefer Mexican women over US women

Anyanglover

Anyanglover

Banned

Research: Mexican men prefer Mexican women over US women

Post by Falcon » November 10th, 2011, 4:54 pm

Here's evidence from a sound academic source that can be put in HappierAbroad's research section.

The following excerpts are from Four generations of norteños: new research from the cradle of Mexican migration by Wayne A. Cornelius, et. al (2009). The study focuses on a town called Tlacuitapa in the state of Jalisco, Mexico. Most of the migrants head to Union City, California and Oklahoma City.

It's a well-known fact among Mexican immigrants in the US that Mexican immigrant men all want to go back to Mexico to find good wives. Every winter, there would be hordes of these returning "norteños" ("northerners") who would flock to town fiestas to court the local girls. When interviewed about why they prefer Mexican-raised women over American-raised women of Mexican descent, their answers were clear cut: they don't like the Americanized women. They're seen as too liberal, aggressive, and don't make good wives and mothers. The statement "I'm going back to Mexico to find a vieja [wife]" is one that's often heard by many Mexicans.

pg. 171
In order to measure the town's openness to outsiders, informants were asked whether they found it acceptable for a community member to marry someone not from either the town or Mexico. Nearly everyone - migrants and nonmigrants alike - believed this to be acceptable. ... With regard to marrying someone from outside Mexico, ... 94 percent of nonmigrants and 93 percent of migrants are open to such an alliance. ... This tolerance toward marrying outside of one's community or ethnic group is consistent with other studies of Mexican intermarriage. For example, in Ameca, Jalisco, marriage to someone from another ethnic or racial background may "confe[r] great prestige to the family of origin" and leads community members to adapt their rituals to those with other customs (Durand 1998, 219). ... This tolerance within migrant communities again reflects the new behaviors and beliefs - social remittances - that migrants develop in the United States and bring back to the home communities, where they change perspectives among non-migrants as well.

pg. 172
Interestingly, a 2006 poll found that a majority of Mexicans perceive U.S. cultural influences to have a negative impact on Mexico (Zogby and Rubio 2006, 15).

pg. 181
For unmarried young women [in Tlacuitapa, Jalisco, Mexico], it is an opportunity to catch the eye of one of the unmarried norteño men, some of whom are openly looking for a wife.

pg. 183
Spaces have gender-specific identities, and men and women experience public spaces differently. Jennifer Hirsch argues that the "street" and "home" carry connotations, respectively, of masculinity and femininity in Mexico. Men are outdoors because they have to support the household, while women are expected to remain in the home and focus on cooking, cleaning, and family caretaking (Hirsch 2003:99-100). This sociohistorical division of space is very evident in Tlacuitapa.

pg. 184
Because many men leave at a relatively young age, there are many more women than men in the town.

pg. 187
Several women told us that marriage was the factor that prompted them to contemplate migration. When asked about her migration plans before marriage, MarÃa responded that she had none: "I never would have left." Yet as soon as she married, MarÃa migrated to be with her husband. Like many other female migrants, MarÃa began working in the United States; she obtained a childcare license and began earning an income. Though she earned considerably less than her husband, this was not a concern because her main focus continued to be maintaining the family unit. Although she may have been reluctant to leave Mexico, MarÃa considered preserving her family's unity worth the sacrifice.

pg. 189
[A] respondent also pointed out that migration changes men's behavior's as well: "The men are changed, less macho. They do whatever the woman orders, what the woman says and everything."

pg. 190
Some male immigrants prefer to date women from Tlacuitapa and come to the annual fiestas specifically to find a wife, a search that is facilitated by the many dances, wedding, and quinceañeras (girls' 15-year-old birthday celebrations) that enable people to encounter members of the opposite sex. [Footnote 10: Many Tlacuitapeños said that the winter fiestas are for single people, while summer is the time for the families to return.] Several people told me that they met their spouses during the fiestas; MarÃa del Rosario met her husband at the recent fiestas and was planning to migrate to join him in the United States as soon as she received her papers. Jesús, a US-based migrant, had been married but was now divorced. He admitted to being in Tlacuitapa during the winter fiestas in no small part to find a girlfriend or wife. Other respondents told stories of couples who split up during the fiestas to see if either could land a US-based spouse. [Footnote 11: If neither one meets a new partner, they get back together after the fiestas.]

Such "spouse shopping" in Tlacuitapa reflects a preference for women willing to play a gendered role as "traditional" homemaker and caretaker, a preference clearly expressed in a male migrant's exhortation not to "Americanize" the town's women
. An impromptu focus group of four migrant men also elicited the men's partiality for women born and raised in Tlacuitapa and their feeling that American women are "too liberated" and less inclined to accept a stay-at-home role.

pg. 197
Yet despite these findings, respondents in Tlacuitapa indicated that migrant men are perceived as less macho than their nonmigrant counterparts and that the marriages of migrants are more egalitarian than those of people who do not leave the home community.
And from viewtopic.php?t=3967 :
Winston, all of the fundamental ideas mentioned here on HappierAbroad were already very well known and discussed among Mexican immigrants in the United States - for decades. Except for them it's "Happier Back Home." They rarely share these opinions with outsiders, perhaps because they know Americans would find them insulting.

- It is incredibly common for Mexican immigrant men to talk about going back to Mexico to find a good wife. I personally know plenty of Mexican guys who flat-out refused to date Mexican-American women ("pochitas") in the U.S., and got girlfriends and wives in Mexico instead. Even many Mexican men who've spent all their high school and college lives in the U.S. still go to Mexico to find girlfriends and wives. (With so many women available in those American schools, why do you think they would STILL go back to Mexico to date women?) The reasons they mention are incredibly similar to the ones found here on the HappierAbroad forum.

- They often reminisce about the much more slower-paced life of rural Mexico as opposed to the stressful, fast-paced life of the United States. As immigrants, they often have to move many times to find jobs, whereas in Mexico, they can "let the days go by under the sun," so to speak.

- Mexican immigrants believe American culture turns many of their children into hoodlums and gangsters. In Mexico, Chicano and "cholo" culture are thought of as American. Americans blame this phenomenon on poor parenting, which of course the Mexicans do not agree with.

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Ken, noodlelover, Kekee and 3 others
Do Mexican women prefer Mexican men over US men though, that's the only question that matters.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Oberyn, Ethniframementalcel, Deleted member 17291 and 5 others
Men don’t want their wives to be whores + they don’t want to compete with white people whom asians/latinas whore themselves for

• +1
Reactions: Ken and Oberyn
Do Mexican women prefer Mexican men over US men though, that's the only question that matters.
according to a few white sexpats from different sources,yes....they do prefer mexican men above gringos and gringo chasers are a small minority. they do like whites but they're always western europeans.

theres a big resentment against americans in mexico,and Trump made it even worse.

• +1
Reactions: fjor2096
according to a few white sexpats from different sources,yes....they do prefer mexican men above gringos and gringo chasers are a small minority. they do like whites but they're always western europeans.

theres a big resentment against americans in mexico,and Trump made it even worse.
Based if true, fuck ethnic foids that are white only

• +1
Reactions: Ken, FailedNormieManlet, PrinceLuenLeoncur and 5 others
Based if true, fuck ethnic foids that are white only
most latinas in america marry latino men according to marriage statistics,and theres a 2 or 3% difference between latino-white woman and latina-white man in USA.

• +1
Reactions: Ken
race/culture mixing is not common or the norm
This ain’t news

• +1
Reactions: Ken and Deleted member 17291
It's a well-known fact among Mexican immigrants in the US that Mexican immigrant men all want to go back to Mexico to find good wives. Every winter, there would be hordes of these returning "norteños" ("northerners") who would flock to town fiestas to court the local girls. When interviewed about why they prefer Mexican-raised women over American-raised women of Mexican descent, their answers were clear cut: they don't like the Americanized women. They're seen as too liberal, aggressive, and don't make good wives and mothers. The statement "I'm going back to Mexico to find a vieja [wife]" is one that's often heard by many Mexicans.
asians should do the same tbh

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17291
Mexican women are miles hotter than roastie American disgusting white women, I have experienced this First hand, Oaxaca Women are top tier

• +1
I've seen more latina women with latino boyfriends than I see a non latino and a latina

cool

but who asked

tumblr_nr0potkP0u1u5oapto1_500.gif

Makes sense.

Average Mexican-American women:

Ltwg2u ltwg1jkassandramiertn
51867656 7972 thumb
124897 full

Average Mexican-Mexican women:

CKSmpndUEAAr6601
B3Fo0 uCMAAGM5J

Ximena
16 very cute mexican teen girl selfie
02 young amateur mexican teengirl selfie 750x1169
010cc1e10e626d8afe31e71ed2373362
2127214 6582B21D 9934 4E60 94B1 0684693C2A8B

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: flaco, Ken, Deleted member 17291 and 1 other person

Well, it depends what kind of gringo you are. I speak Spanish, lived in Peru/Chile, will travel to Colombia next week and know a lot of Latinos, so i think i know what i am talking about. US Gringos have a very very low value over there, most people see them as having low IQ, no culture, retards etc. (the same way Europeans think about Americans, by the way). But Latinos ADMIRE Western and Northern Europeans aka Germans, French, Swiss, Swedes,...

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Mexicanboi
Well, it depends what kind of gringo you are. I speak Spanish, lived in Peru/Chile, will travel to Colombia next week and know a lot of Latinos, so i think i know what i am talking about. US Gringos have a very very low value over there, most people see them as having low IQ, no culture, retards etc. (the same way Europeans think about Americans, by the way). But Latinos ADMIRE Western and Northern Europeans aka Germans, French, Swiss, Swedes,...
Latinos see Asians in US as being smarter and more cultured than people in latin america and western/northern europe (europeans also see them as being smarter and superior to europeans).

This is also statistically true: https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pisa/pisa2018/pdf/PISA2018_compiled.pdf

Strangely, even the white people in most european nations are dumber than white americans, and latino nations are way dumber than US as well

They also know that mexicans in the States are smarter than mexicans in mexico lol: https://nces.ed.gov/surveys/pisa/pisa2018/pdf/PISA2018_compiled.pdf

They also know that western europe is more racist towards latinos than US is

• Love it
It's the norm in the city, like nyc.
I've lived in big american cities my entire life and have never not lived in big cities

it is not the norm anywhere, this is not up for debate
you will find about 20 same race relationships for every 1 mixed race relationship, and that number only gets LOWER by going to less diverse places.

there's nothing wrong with interracial dating, it's just not the average

• +1
Mexican men are in comfortable position because they form enclaves in America where they speak their own language and take over neighbothoods in massive numbers and assert cultural dominance. Also, the foids are too much of a goblina and low iq to attract other races of men so the men don't have that much trouble defending their territory and foids(property). Essentially, too ugly, short, and low iq to count as human

• JFL
Reactions: lil truecel and Patient A
I've lived in big american cities my entire life and have never not lived in big cities

you will find about 20 same race relationships for every 1 mixed race relationship, and that number only gets LOWER by going to less diverse places.

WMAF is the exception

Cope it is extremely common in nyc just ask anyone in this forum from there like @Zer0/∞

Cope it is extremely common in nyc just ask anyone in this forum from there like @Zer0/∞
common =\= the average

I don't have to get my information from other people, I have all the information myself
I'm graciously sharing it with you and you're disrespectfully choosing to ignore it in order to.. I don't know, create a fetish in your head or something?

in a city of millions of people, finding even 1 mixed race couple for every 100 same race couples is still pretty common, but there's still many many more same race couples than mixed race couples.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A
it's not like they have any say on the matter. men don't prefer anything, the sexual markplace isn't free, wyte wymxn control everything. if anything, they're higher sentience than the other deathniks who keep trying and failing

• JFL
Reactions: Oberyn
it's not like they have any say on the matter. men don't prefer anything, the sexual markplace isn't free, wyte wymxn control everything. if anything, they're higher sentience than the other deathniks who keep trying and failing
Even white men prefer Latinas to white women.white women's only option today is going for bbc .but those guys will play them even more than chad according to stats.

• +1
does this answer your question

does this answer your question

Mexican women do not like white men unless they're white.that is what a blond mexican told me in pms.

That's not a latina(she's a brunette iberian that's selfhating with a poor dye job) and it's cherry picked,I have seen vids of actual mestiza Latinas in usa saying only race they wouldn't date are white men and curries being interviewed on the street.

Most young Latinas are with latinos or black men.

Last edited:
I have seen vids of actual mestiza Latinas in usa saying only race they wouldn't date are white men and curries being interviewed on the street.
USA is globohomo gay as fuck. Ask anyone from South America, USA Latinas are retarded

common =\= the average

I don't have to get my information from other people, I have all the information myself
I'm graciously sharing it with you and you're disrespectfully choosing to ignore it in order to.. I don't know, create a fetish in your head or something?

in a city of millions of people, finding even 1 mixed race couple for every 100 same race couples is still pretty common, but there's still many many more same race couples than mixed race couples.
Hes a curry why are you surprised he is retarded

Even white men prefer Latinas to white women.white women's only option today is going for bbc .but those guys will play them even more than chad according to stats.
You have horrible disgusting vomit inducing acne, your view of the world is invalid